Difficult to turn it round

They had a threat

Same at the Ricoh. Similar type of game

Know where we have to improve and get better

Signs today we looked potent and could score goals

pusbccfc

He just isn't the motivator we need.

Macca

Lets keep him for 2 seasons. We keep getting managers in and they keep having the same problems. He has shown more promise than most. Lets try some stability for once

matesx

Seen more fizz in a bottle of milk

hardly inspiring is he?

fernandopartridge

Sorry armchair doom mongers but it was an improvement, should have taken our chances. The criticism of Mowbray is unfair, got his selection about right.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Would have to listen again, did he blame the defence or the defending? I'm pretty sure he said defending which applies to every player but he wouldn't single out the individual,it was obvious he meant Murphy on the first goal.

On reflection I'm not 100%, but I certainly got the impression he was blaming the defensive back 4 for the game. He used a few different phrases, but seemed to focus on the set play goal we conceded, rather than the first.

If anything that one was more pivotal, we were leading and had the momentum. Get a second at that point and we're off into the sunset.

AFCCOVENTRY

Nowt about our only scoring 2 goals in the last 4 matches?

Before we were scoring for fun. Now Armstrong's goals have dried up with the odd exception and we are not scoring anywhere near enough.

City 1-1 Walsall

City 0-2 Burton

Southend 3-0 City

City 1-2 Scunthorpe

Port Vale 1-1 City

City 6-0 Bury

City 1-2 Fleetwood

Barnsley 2-0 City

City 0-1 Rochdale

Shrewsbury 2-1 City.

That's the last 10 games. 11 goals scored and 6 of those were in one single match!

That leaves 9 games 5 goals scored. That is shocking. Teams have nullified our attacking threat. It is abundantly clear.

10 games, 11 goals.

I always stated that if we don't have another goal scorer in the squad we would struggle.

Mowbray and Venus has mucked up through the signings made.

We signed Hunt instead of that Flying Dutchman..

Ramage is eating wages

Bigi is eating wages

It goes on and on

wingy

Why should we beat then comfortably, we haven't won there since 1958

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Come on john I doubt we've been in the same league as them for 55 of those years.
And being a pedant they were at Gay Meadow until recently. :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

On reflection I'm not 100%, but I certainly got the impression he was blaming the defensive back 4 for the game. He used a few different phrases, but seemed to focus on the set play goal we conceded, rather than the first.

If anything that one was more pivotal, we were leading and had the momentum. Get a second at that point and we're off into the sunset.
Same point applies though for the set play though, you defend set plays as a team with normally 10 or 11 men defending the set piece. I didn't feel he was highlighting the back 4 but just lamenting the teams defensive display as a whole.

Brylowes

We lost 2-1. Doesn't matter how we played or the possession.
We can only play one game at a time though can't we,we're never going to win
them all are we.More now than ever we need to get behind him and the team,
because it was an improved performance.
Look how ever it seems now,our league position says if we improve and start to win
a few games we can still make a push for play-offs.
Or do we just give up, I'm not.

steve82

Same point applies though for the set play though, you defend set plays as a team with normally 10 or 11 men defending the set piece. I didn't feel he was highlighting the back 4 but just lamenting the teams defensive display as a whole.

Not so sure, he said "rest of the team functioned well, defending side was unacceptable". Suggests back four tho don't directly say it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fair enough. I think he did say something like 'the other departments on the pitch did their jobs tonight' which gave me the impression he was blaming them, but either way you're not wrong. The whole team needs to work together during defence and attack.

Otis

Worrying for me, because I always fancy the City to do well in games, but have predicted the last 3 defeats. They all looked nailed on loses to me.

No idea how we will do against Blackpool though.

junglej13

I lost a lot of faith in Mowbray in Jan. I think we signed something like 10 players. Not one of them have improved the squad and we look devoid of any threat at the moment.

skyblue1991

Having seen what I saw tonight (especially second half) I predict a loss against Blackpool.

We simply do not have a plan B. We are too predicible and we have no diversity.

Ibby

Line the lot up and shoot them. 9 losses in 11 is disgraceful and would normally get a manager the sack. This is down to Mowbray. So frustrating and annoying. We should be pissing this league with the players we have.

dongonzalos

You would think as professionals though, on matchday they would go out to win?

Chelsea some of the best players in the world
A disgrace I agree with you should be giving everything 100% no matter what.
They didn't like JM = relegation form
JM goes = top 4 form

dongonzalos

Line the lot up and shoot them. 9 losses in 11 is disgraceful and would normally get a manager the sack. This is down to Mowbray. So frustrating and annoying. We should be pissing this league with the players we have.

Who was the first half of the season down to that makes you believe we should be pudding this league
Our budget is 8th to 6th why should we be pudding the league?

dongonzalos

Who was the first half of the season down to that makes you believe we should be pissing this league?
Our budget is 8th to 6th why should we be pissing the league?

no_loyalty

2 more defeats and he should walk. No manager should consider his position tenable after 6 successive defeats.

Lee Johnson at Barnsley suffered 9 defeats in a row, then put together a run of 8 straight wins (before he jumped ship to Bristol)

SkyblueBazza

Finally he highlights the defences as being unacceptable. Sam Ricketts stand up, this is a back line you cannot even organise let alone rally a team as captain. Epic fail as a leader and player right now.
TM must now drop him at Blackpool.
He seemed to find it pretty easy to do before that Sheffield game

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

This! His settling into the club over & starting to perhaps make his mark seems to correlate with our significant change in fortune.
And I am saying this as someone that from the outset made it clear on SBT that I was not convinced by TM. The furthest I got was 'starting to believe' aound the end of October. But the turnaround has just been too dramatic & too sudden for me to believe it is simply TMs ability as a manager & his coaching staff.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread