mowbray talks (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

Is there any update since yesterday? I think there is obviously some sticking point as im sure we would have heard he was staying by now. Can only assume either a other team has come in or there is financial reasons etc. Hate it when it goes quiet and no sign of an iminent appointment.Impatient i know but would just like to hear something concrete.

kg82

Why is it obvious? He's wanting to change integral parts of the club. There's going to be negotiations with several other individuals. And we won't hear anything over the weekend.

matesx

Take the silence as a positive.
He hasnt walked after days of talks

Clive Bleakin

I think he will sign.

The issue for me is whether SISU keep to their promises.

Will the tell him what he wants to hear to get ST sales in, and back track in the coming months?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I intended to renew my season ticket this weekend , given the price of the tickets and that the signs were that Mowbray was going to sign. I haven't done it.

Godiva

I think he will sign.

The issue for me is whether SISU keep to their promises.

Will the tell him what he wants to hear to get ST sales in, and back track in the coming months?

And what promises is that?
He doesn't want further investments - what else could they potentially back track on?

Clive Bleakin

Funds for transfers moving forward? Not implementing the structures he want behind the scenes? Playing at the Ricoh long term, which TM has criticised, unless there are changes such as making it feel more like our home ground? Take your pick?

Have you not learned that what SISU say and actually do, have a habit of being two completely different things....:facepalm:

Godiva

Funds for transfers moving forward? Not implementing the structures he want behind the scenes? Playing at the Ricoh long term, which TM has criticised, unless there are changes such as making it feel more like our home ground? Take your pick?

Have you not learned that what SISU say and actually do, have a habit of being two completely different things....:facepalm:

He hasn't asked for more funds, he is comfortable with the current budget.
Structures will have been approved by JS/TM/SW at their meeting in London. It's down to the details now - who, what and when.

The only thing that I see as a potential deal breaker is if another club comes knocking.

skybluetony176

If anything stops him it will be an unwillingness on SISU's behalf to make the changes he wants. I can't help but feel the reason SW went chasing after him to Middlesbrough isn't a good sign. It's almost as if talks broke down and SW was told to go chasing after him. The longer it takes to get an announcement out the more concerned I become.

kg82

If anything stops him it will be an unwillingness on SISU's behalf to make the changes he wants. I can't help but feel the reason SW went chasing after him to Middlesbrough isn't a good sign. It's almost as if talks broke down and SW was told to go chasing after him. The longer it takes to get an announcement out the more concerned I become.

Waggott lives there. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read the meeting was at his house.

rupert_bear

With Waggott involved in any negotiations is a worry as i am certain part of any deal will be assurances he keeps his nose out.

J

Jack Griffin

Is this SISU negotiating to the last second as usual. Will they ever know when it is time to stop asking for more for less?

The Gentleman

Would just like it sorted sooner rather than later. If it's Mowbary then good, if not they will need to find a replacement sharpish or risk missing the boat on signings and be left with the bargain shite again, seeing as our existing squad or what is left of it is garbage.

NorthernWisdom

Would just like it sorted sooner rather than later. If it's Mowbary then good, if not they will need to find a replacement sharpish or risk missing the boat on signings and be left with the bargain shite again, seeing as our existing squad or what is left of it is garbage.

Yup, manager needs as long as possible to get his first choice targets!

So a decision mid June it is then.

KG7

Calm down! Not everything is instant. Perhaps he went back up north to vote? The season is barely a week dead. They need to get this right and can take the whole of May for all I care.

ccfcway

And what promises is that?
He doesn't want further investments - what else could they potentially back track on?

reduce investment
not want to take on additional back room staff
Waggott poke his nose into transfers

to name but 3

Godiva

reduce investment
not want to take on additional back room staff
Waggott poke his nose into transfers

to name but 3

Reduce investments? No investments promised, non demanded.
Staff will be within current budget.
Waggott is always going to sign off contracts - he is CEO.

So no, none of those are really valid.

It seems some just wants to fuel their own hatred towards the owners.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm pretty confident the lengthy talks are a good thing.

Two things SISU appear to have learnt during their time with us;

1. Do ALL contractual talking in person. Not by email or fax (King).

2, If a manager wants to make changes, reason / negotiate rather than just not give assurances they are seeking (Robins).

Get these things right and we may be onto a winner!

Irish Sky Blue

If they get it done and dusted then this could be the first season with a realistic prospect of a promotion challenge. Season after relegation there was a transfer embargo for most of the summer, Sisu not filing accounts. Then after spending the transfer budget Andy Thorne was sacked three games in. Five losing games followed under Richard Shaw and by the time Mark Robins had his first win we were bottom of the league. The following season we started with a ten point deduction, a transfer embargo and a "home" ground in Northampton. Last season we stated at Sixfields with a team minus the goals from Wilson, Clarke, Baker and Mousa and without an established goalkeeper. Surely they can see that a quick appointment(ie agreeing to what TM wants) can only take the pressure off of them, increase ST sales and lead to an outbreak of hope and optimism, something we haven't had for a while

ccfc92

If they get it done and dusted then this could be the first season with a realistic prospect of a promotion challenge. Season after relegation there was a transfer embargo for most of the summer, Sisu not filing accounts. Then after spending the transfer budget Andy Thorne was sacked three games in. Five losing games followed under Richard Shaw and by the time Mark Robins had his first win we were bottom of the league. The following season we started with a ten point deduction, a transfer embargo and a "home" ground in Northampton. Last season we stated at Sixfields with a team minus the goals from Wilson, Clarke, Baker and Mousa and without an established goalkeeper. Surely they can see that a quick appointment(ie agreeing to what TM wants) can only take the pressure off of them, increase ST sales and lead to an outbreak of hope and optimism, something we haven't had for a while

100%, spot on.

We always do things too late, which makes us say "oh, next year will be different" but then something else goes wrong.

I think most reasonable fans only ask for a team given half a chance to compete. We're not asking for a £10million war chest, just give the squad a level playing field and the supporters will return....

James Smith

100%, spot on.

We always do things too late, which makes us say "oh, next year will be different" but then something else goes wrong.

I think most reasonable fans only ask for a team given half a chance to compete. We're not asking for a £10million war chest, just give the squad a level playing field and the supporters will return....

Don't mention Playing Fields...........

Sisu don't have that great a record in that area. :facepalm:

Last edited:

ccfcway

couple of points. I am only commenting on "what could they backtrack on"....not what i think they will / will not backtrack on...

who is fueing hated of the owners ?

It seems some are very quick to defend the owners when no-one is commenting on them !!!

They have promised a budget, TM said he didnt want any more than the budget. It is possible they could reduce it, no ?
To get staff within the budget, they may need to let some staff go, possibly reducing available budget for new staff, no ?
"sign off". I would who "signed off" the brentford guy when a manager wasnt even here.

higgs

We are going up we are going up !! Next season tony mowbrays sky blue army will be a force to be reckoned with pusb

Clive Bleakin

The issue could be the 'self sustainable' issue.

Waggy has said that we will only spend what we earn...if I was TM, the first question I would ask is 'what the fook does that equate to?!'

Clive Bleakin

No hatred mate, just commenting on what I have seen (as opposed to listening to what they claim they will do).

A bit old-school, but I just think that you can only judge people on their actions not words.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The issue could be the 'self sustainable' issue.

Waggy has said that we will only spend what we earn...if I was TM, the first question I would ask is 'what the fook does that equate to?!'

Mowbray has already said he isn't asking for more money, he just basically wants a free reign to do what he wants within the budget. I said last week with the state we are in it wouldn't be a simple conversation, the whole of last week probably involved discussing everything that was wrong, what he wanted to chance and how he wanted to change it. Take a well earned rest at the weekend, contract negotiations to start on Monday an be signed by Wesnesday.

Easy

rupert_bear

I think Tony Mowbray is calling the shots and i don't believe he will just walk away bemoaning the big bad sisu guys, if it doesn't happen i think he will leave it to the sisu guys Waggott and Fisher to explain the whys' and wherefores then come back with his version if needs be.

Hobo

I think Tony Mowbray is calling the shots and i don't believe he will just walk away bemoaning the big bad sisu guys, if it doesn't happen i think he will leave it to the sisu guys Waggott and Fisher to explain the whys' and wherefores then come back with his version if needs be.

Yes because he conducts himself in a professional manner and knows what is required without selling himself short of resources. I think it will be him saying no thanks the set up wasn't right, rather than bitching over the details.

Gosford Green

Still no announcement.

This looks like hard and tough US hedge fund style negotiating. The more time that passes without his appointment the more pessimistic I get about him signing for us.

Users who are viewing this thread