Mowbray set to be announced shortly (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Great appointment! Let's hope he'll be a success and we can actually keep hold of him. Feeling strangely optimistic about ccfc for a change, could be the appointment to kick on.

kg82

It is obvious .. There's an announcement today and mowbray 1/10 on don't take rocket scientist or a source in the club to work out does it lol

Have you seen an announcement officially advertised then? I've only seen people not connected with the club saying there's one. Even the telegraph said something along the line of "rumours suggest"

sky_blue_up_north

I would be happy if it Mowbray, must be the best we could hope for. I just hope he can get us playing the type of football WBA played.

RegTheDonk

Something surely must be in place - I mean, the caretaker was fairly quick to agree this would be his only game when SL pressed him.

We've got a game tomorrow ffs, he needs to get stuck into them asap.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm starting to think we won't get an announcement today, the telegraph basically made it up that we would get an appointment today going off the odds without any official word from the club.

torchomatic

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What about CWR they must have both been told something but tell you what have a go at the telegraph if it makes you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

UPDATE:
Coventry City are still locked in talks with the man they have selected as their new manager.
The Telegraph understands that they want Tony Mowbray to succeed Steven Pressley and that he is keen to accept the challenge, but details are still being ironed out and it might be that there is no official announcement until tomorrow morning.
Stay with us until that is confirmed.

BackRoomRummermill

If I was a betting man and could be bothered I would take a punt at the next favourite right now , I can already see the headlines that it fell through on personal terms

SkyBlue_Bear83

Say its confirmed tomorrow morning, will Mcfarlane and Hockaday still be taking charge tomorrow night or will the new manager still be in the dugout?

stupot07

Say its confirmed tomorrow morning, will Mcfarlane and Hockaday still be taking charge tomorrow night or will the new manager still be in the dugout?

If true, then I imagine it will be mcfarlane and hockaday taking charge tomorrow as they will have done all the preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Chipfat

If its TM,, Can't blame him for working out what is the plan of the owners.. Anyone would be interested in the job, looking as an outsider it is a big club with potential.. He will now want to know what the capability is of the club and where the owners see it now and in the future, what are the expectations on him and does the budget allow him to be competitive. He is no young inexperienced manager, he has been round long enough to know what he can realistically achieve with the clubs owners..

He may have also spoken to Robins, Coleman, and SP to what they have thought or been promised and delivered by the owners in the past, he may be a harder one to get across the line than a SP due to his knowledge of the game and business... Very decent man and good manager but im not sure the club is right for him in its current state,, hope i'm wrong as would give him a chance to correct the playing side... I still think without off field going in the right directions iT would not matter who was 1st team boss,, tough job whoever is the front man....

Last edited:

oldfiver

If its TM,, Can't blame him for working out what is the plan of the owners.. Anyone would be interested in the job, looking as an outsider it is a big club with potential.. He will now want to know what the capability is of the club and where the owners see it now and in the future, what are the expectations on him and does the budget allow him to be competitive. He is no young inexperienced manager, he has been round long enough to know what he can realistically achieve with the clubs owners..

He may have also spoken to Robins, Coleman, and SP to what they have thought or been promised and delivered by the owners in the past, he may be a harder one to get across the line than a SP due to his knowledge of the game and business... Very decent man and good manager but im not sure the club is right for him in its current state,, hope i'm wrong as would give him a chance to correct the playing side... I still think without off field going in the right directions i would not matter who was 1st team boss,, tough job whoever is the front man....

So, if he is thrashing out the off field stuff as well as on and signs does that give any confidence to supporters there is/will be progress?

Evo1883

Andy turner saying club locked in talks right now with their number 1 target

Godiva

Does it matter? What would he change after one day? I think the team for tomorrow will in any case be picked by McFarlane. The new manager will only be a passenger for the first game.

Samo

TM: How much will you be investing in the team in the summer?
SW: Erm... more coffee Tony?

It might take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread