Mowbray`s Call? (1 Viewer)

phildownunder

Miss the old CET forum and have belatedly decided to join this one, having seen some familiar names on here (Torchy, RFC, Malaka, SB Fred and others).

Was gutted hearing that Mowbray`s appointment is only for 8 weeks, but on giving it some thought I wonder if that was his decision rather than the club`s as he must know the way this club is run these days and would not want to commit himself long term until he sees the colour of their money at the end of the season if things go well. Would be one explanation for the lengthy negotiations before he signed on.

Given the club`s past form I would be surprised if he would be given money for players this summer, and that will probably see him on his way even if there really is an intent on both sides at this stage for him to stay on.

torchomatic

Hey Phil, welcome. Ah, those were the days on the CT forum.

standupforcity

Miss the old CET forum and have belatedly decided to join this one, having seen some familiar names on here (Torchy, RFC, Malaka, SB Fred and others).

Was gutted hearing that Mowbray`s appointment is only for 8 weeks, but on giving it some thought I wonder if that was his decision rather than the club`s as he must know the way this club is run these days and would not want to commit himself long term until he sees the colour of their money at the end of the season if things go well. Would be one explanation for the lengthy negotiations before he signed on.

Given the club`s past form I would be surprised if he would be given money for players this summer, and that will probably see him on his way even if there really is an intent on both sides at this stage for him to stay on.

He talks about his plans for next season if we stay up, so all is not lost...I think he is a man of influence, something new for sisu!

RFC

Welcome back where've you been? Unfortunately Phil the vast majority on this site are moaners & groaners, nothing but negative about anything & everything to do with our club.

Whilst everything in the garden is'nt 'rosy' some positive things do happen and although I would'nt have changed the manager right now (eventually we must stick with one, instead of giving them less than 110 games or 2yrs!) the quality of the new appointment is a master stroke, in the circumstances.

Onwards & upwards! PUSB

Grendel

Welcome back where've you been? Unfortunately Phil the vast majority on this site are moaners & groaners, nothing but negative about anything & everything to do with our club.

Whilst everything in the garden is'nt 'rosy' some positive things do happen and although I would'nt have changed the manager right now (eventually we must stick with one, instead of giving them less than 110 games or 2yrs!) the quality of the new appointment is a master stroke, in the circumstances.

Onwards & upwards! PUSB

It's not unreasonable to be negative given the perilous state of the club.

No ground
Perilously close to league 2
Fan disengagement
Owners who would make Basil Fawkty look like Conrad Hilton

Unfortunately a few explanation marks and a PUSB sign off doesn't make it any better.

ecky

Unlike you RFC most of us are realists and have had to endure 30 to 40 years of this circus of managers and players coming and going...

And you still think pressley should be manager and Waggott was wrong to sack him?

phildownunder

Thanks Torchy, yes we were young and innocent back then thinking good times might be just around the corner. Oh the folly of youth!

phildownunder

Hi there RFC good to hear from you. As you may recall, I don`t see eye to eye with you on many things sky blue but unlike others I don`t resort to abuse and ridicule towards those who I disagree with.

Gazolba

giving it some thought I wonder if that was his decision rather than the club`s as he must know the way this club is run these days.

If you were out of work for 18 months and someone said we'll offer you a job for either 8 weeks or 2 years, which would you take? It was the owner's decision, not Mowbray's. They want a way out if we get relegated.

Nonleagueherewecome

If you were out of work for 18 months and someone said we'll offer you a job for either 8 weeks or 2 years, which would you take? It was the owner's decision, not Mowbray's. They want a way out if we get relegated.

He claims that time out of the game was deliberate, for family reasons. It's obviously his call-the talks were going on for hours, he clearly took some persuading to take the job at all.

Sky Blue Kid

He claims that time out of the game was deliberate, for family reasons. It's obviously his call-the talks were going on for hours, he clearly took some persuading to take the job at all.
I'm not so sure it was TM's decision mate. If it was we don't want/need someone that is going to be "Half hearted". We need a manager with conviction, otherwise leave McFarlane in charge till the end of the season.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel....I don't believe that I've given you a like, owing to you actually saying something that everyone on this forum, with the exception of a few, agree on.

Captain Dart

Hopefully it indicates someone who took some time (possibly using his extensive contacts) to suss out the reality of the situation & made it clear what was required of the employer.

dongonzalos

It's not unreasonable to be negative given the perilous state of the club.

No ground
Perilously close to league 2
Fan disengagement
Owners who would make Basil Fawkty look like Conrad Hilton

Unfortunately a few explanation marks and a PUSB sign off doesn't make it any better.

Best thing you have written in 4 years
PUSB!!!!!!!

skybluefred

Hi Phil, hope things down under are better than CCFC at the moment. Clueless owners--fans had enough
it's enough to make you weep. Add to that the fact we will only have eleven contracted pro's left at the
end of the season and you will understand how far we have fallen.

I was looking through the tunnel today hoping to see a light---all I could see was blackness.

PS please send us some sunshine.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hi there RFC good to hear from you. As you may recall, I don`t see eye to eye with you on many things sky blue but unlike others I don`t resort to abuse and ridicule towards those who I disagree with.

Welcome phildownunder. You will need to be a very patient man, particularly with 'he who must not be brained' (sorry RFC - cheap shot). To be honest, most of the spats on here are merely a way of passing time until something positive happens with our beloved sky blues - no really serious fall outs, unless someone has had a couple of special brews before posting!!:eek:

covhead1

Oh yes the CET forum,

Who was that wum that had gunnerson is his user name. what a plonker.....made me laugh though.

Last edited:

kg82

Oh yes the CET forum,

Who was that wum that had gunnerson is his user name. what a plonker.....made me laugh though.

Oh God yeah, I remember that! Think he had about 3 or 4 different usernames in the end didn't he?!

phildownunder

Hi Fred, Good to hear from you. Yes it`s hard work being a City fan isn`t it? When I heard that Mowbray was taking over I felt more optimistic than I have in years - for a few hours. Silly me! I was quickly brought down to earth when it was announced he is only signed up for 8 weeks. Years of following City have worn me down to the extent that I can`t feel optimistic that he will stay on and get the support from the owners to build a decent team. I hope I`m wrong.

Ps This constant sun isn`t all it`s cracked up to be. It`s been bloody hot this (Australian) summer and we`re looking forward to it cooling down.

Users who are viewing this thread