Mowbray looking to add (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's all from Ryton

So some good stuff there from Mowbray who revealed that he will use his contacts to improve the side. The former Boro boss wants some more experience, players with drive and aggression so let's see where that takes him.
Thanks for joining us today. We'll be back on Saturday as usual for full coverage of the Sky Blues trip to Chesterfield. James Rodger will be with you from 1.30pm so hopefully you'll be back then.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

Not surprised to hear that, hopefully get a few in before the weekend.

Otis

That's all from Ryton

So some good stuff there from Mowbray who revealed that he will use his contacts to improve the side. The former Boro boss wants some more experience, players with drive and aggression so let's see where that takes him.
Thanks for joining us today. We'll be back on Saturday as usual for full coverage of the Sky Blues trip to Chesterfield. James Rodger will be with you from 1.30pm so hopefully you'll be back then.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

Not surprised to hear that, hopefully get a few in before the weekend.

Is he talking about now though or in the Summer?

We can only bring in one more loan player now and if he is looking for any out of contract players floating around they are going to be so short of match fitness it would be like pre-season for them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Now I think

Tony Mowbray has revealed he has been making a few calls to bring some help in.

"I've assessed the whole squad now and they haven't found a formula to win football matches and something needs to change, so a change of some faces will help and try to make a difference in the team.
"We could do with a bit of experience and hopefully we can do that sooner rather than later."

Why can he only add one more loan?

Evo1883

Had to happen ..teams far too unbalanced and without any change we wouldve struggled even with mowbray .. heres hoping we get somebody good in

SkyBlue_Bear83

Recalled apparently

The Championship side have invoked the 24-hour recall option in his loan deal with immediate effect and Williams returns to Boro...
Luke Williams has been recalled from his loan spell and returns to Middlesbrough.

The 21-year old has made five appearances for the Sky Blues since his January emergency loan move from the Championship club.

The club wishes Luke all the best for the future.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...iddlesbrough-2329592.aspx#2E8pgo4zMxmU2Fjl.99

Otis

Now I think

Tony Mowbray has revealed he has been making a few calls to bring some help in.

"I've assessed the whole squad now and they haven't found a formula to win football matches and something needs to change, so a change of some faces will help and try to make a difference in the team.
"We could do with a bit of experience and hopefully we can do that sooner rather than later."

Why can he only add one more loan?
The limit is 7 I believe. Pretty sure that is correct and we have 6 at the moment.

We could of course send some back I suppose.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think there will be some champ players that want 1st team footy between now and the end of the season to impress new potential clubs for the summer transfer window.

Have to bring experience in to help out. Keeper, Central defender and midfielder.

AFCCOVENTRY

Actually looking at the football league rules there isn't a maximum number of loans a club can have.

It only states that a max of 5 loan players can be named in the match day squad.

Otis

Actually looking at the football league rules there isn't a maximum number of loans a club can have.

It only states that a max of 5 loan players can be named in the match day squad.

Okay. Thought it was 7. I think it was Clive Eakin who said it, but better still if there is no limit, though I would much rather have out of contract players who may have a bit more fight and loyalty about them.

chiefdave

If Mowbray has been able to work out this quickly that the squad we have is not good enough to avoid relegation how could Waggot and Pressley not see it? If we genuinely do have a top 6 budget then Waggot has questions to answer about the standard of the squad. Specifically we need to know if Pressley was calling the shots, as he said he was, or it was Waggot. If it was Waggot why should we have any confidence in things getting better?

Otis

I know some have been saying we have a good squad here this season, but surely now we all believe we simply aren't good enough and are short in key areas.

rupert_bear

If Mowbray has been able to work out this quickly that the squad we have is not good enough to avoid relegation how could Waggot and Pressley not see it? If we genuinely do have a top 6 budget then Waggot has questions to answer about the standard of the squad. Specifically we need to know if Pressley was calling the shots, as he said he was, or it was Waggot. If it was Waggot why should we have any confidence in things getting better?
/it is Waggott calling the shots, always has been and if you need proof, who signed the German ? Pressley had gone and Mowbary wasn't here yet !!

Astute

I know some have been saying we have a good squad here this season, but surely now we all believe we simply aren't good enough and are short in key areas.

A good squad compared to our opponents doesn't mean a good team compared to them. We have been lacking in midfield and in goal mainly. So we have been playing players out of position.

stupot07

A good squad compared to our opponents doesn't mean a good team compared to them. We have been lacking in midfield and in goal mainly. So we have been playing players out of position.

Bang on. Been saying this all season. A groups of 'good' individual players does not equal a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

steveecov

I think the signing after SP had left (and TM obviously already approached), answers that question. The most bizarre signing of the SISU era in my opinion.

If Carlsberg did Football clubs......

SISU definitely ain't CARLSBERG

rupert_bear

The heat is now beating down on Steve Waggott on how he runs our club, his thrusting players onto managers, get the truth out of Mark Robins on that one. The heat needs turning up, this man is not fit for purpose from running the club, the academy and these on going player recruitment issues. Just ask yourselves how many players have been recruited since Waggott turned up and at what cost. Bet it's getting on to over 70, been 35 this season alone !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread