Mowbray, is he the right man ? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I doubt it, new owners nearly always sack the current manager and get their own man in.

2 + 2 = 42

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Maybe Mowbray was appointed by the new owners ready for the takeover...conspiracy

steveecov

But the new owners might already know they are to be the new owners, if you know what I mean. Perhaps I am looking for things in hope and too deep but something about all this starting with that youth coach leaving, then bringing in Dave Hockaday for a fortnight, then the sacking of Steve Pressley, then signing a couple of players with no manager in situ and if you believe what you read approaching Tony Mowbray just makes you wonder

Haven't you heard? We are gonna be the new soap opera......or is that sit-com?

Sky Blue Dal

I will be happy if we sign Mowbury which is a positive step.

Is this a sign that SISU are now showing little more ambitions for our club. I really hope so.

Sky Blue Dal

I'm interested to know what will happen with Oggy too! Seems like he's been here since 1883 and time for a change maybe? ;)

That said, some keepers have definitely improved during their time with us - Allsopp, Murphy (he did get better and I was gutted he went by the time he left, yet wasn't keen on him coming in the first place....). Time will tell if Burge does the same.

My heart speaking here but please remember we do owe him big time for that glorious 86/87 season. For me he should be part of the club for many years to come.. maybe not always as a goalkeeper coach but I do feel he is doing that job well consider what resources he has.

fernandopartridge

Not sure about the concept of a manager being stronger depending on what league he's in.

No matter what league you're in it's about getting the best results with the resources at your disposal. That is it.

Users who are viewing this thread