Moving House (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

We were supposed to complete with our buyers today but the same thing happened with their solicitors. It’s handy as we still have a few bits and pieces to empty

B-Ban-Boogie

Closing next Thursday.
Florida to Coventry....Family health issues...

The lads think we're bloody crazy.... 🤣
But we're dual citizens and I can come back anytime.... I hope. :rolleyes::oops:

Otis

This is beyond crazy and very stressful.

So they (solicitors) are now saying (told us this at 16.30 today) that there is a possibility we CAN move tomorrow.

It's only a possibility though.

They will let us know tomorrow if we can move tomorrow. 🙄

If we don't move tomorrow, those at the top of the chain are going to sue us for breach of contract (completion day is tomorrow)

We obviously had to cancel everything, removals, broadband etc, as stated before, because we were told it wasn't happening.

If we move tomorrow, we will have to ring around trying to find a removal company who will move us tomorrow. It's absolute madness.

We have contacted some tonight, but they want concrete guarantees and won't commit to such short notice. They say they wouldn't be able to get a removal crew together in time if we contact them tomorrow to confirm.

We are now frantically looking at hiring vans and doing several round trips to move it all ourselves.

Bloody nuts. 🤦

ovduk78

This is beyond crazy and very stressful.

So they (solicitors) are now saying (told us this at 16.30 today) that there is a possibility we CAN move tomorrow.

It's only a possibility though.

They will let us know tomorrow if we can move tomorrow. 🙄

If we don't move tomorrow, those at the top of the chain are going to sue us for breach of contract (completion day is tomorrow)

We obviously had to cancel everything, removals, broadband etc, as stated before, because we were told it wasn't happening.

If we move tomorrow, we will have to ring around trying to find a removal company who will move us tomorrow. It's absolute madness.

We have contacted some tonight, but they want concrete guarantees and won't commit to such short notice. They say they wouldn't be able to get a removal crew together in time if we contact them tomorrow to confirm.

We are now frantically looking at hiring vans and doing several round trips to move it all ourselves.

Bloody nuts. 🤦
Surely if you don't move tomorrow then your solicitors will sue your buyers as it is their issues that are holding everything up? When we moved to our current house our buyers missed the 12pm friday payment deadline by 2 hours which delayed our money going to our sellers. We were hit with a late payment charge and inturn our solicitors did the same to our buyers and as our sale price was more than what we were paying we ended up making over £100.

Otis

Surely if you don't move tomorrow then your solicitors will sue your buyers as it is their issues that are holding everything up? When we moved to our current house our buyers missed the 12pm friday payment deadline by 2 hours which delayed our money going to our sellers. We were hit with a late payment charge and inturn our solicitors did the same to our buyers and as our sale price was more than what we were paying we ended up making over £100.
They sue down the chain.

It's the people at the bottom who have had the cyber attack and the people at the top of the chain who have said they will definitely sue

Our understanding is though they sue for the deposit (this is what my missus says) and our deposit is much bigger than those beneath us.

I have no idea on how true that is. That's just what my missus says she has found.

I would have thought you could sue for all incurred costs

wingy

E commerce hey, everyone is a potential crook, and then someone can't keep their end clean, how long did it take back in the day again, oh well suck it up.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We are just leaning the last bits out today , waiting to hear if we can complete today . Doesn’t help that the wife’s mum got took into hospital again on Tuesday so she’s stressed up to the max and missing calls/emails from agents and solicitors. Hopefully sorted today

Otis

Good luck, Daz. 🤞

I am sitting here in my coat and with my shoes on.

We need a call saying it can go ahead first and then if so, it will be a frantic ring around removal companies to see if anyone can suddenly conjure up lorries and vans for us to move today. Highly unlikely.

🙄

NorthernWisdom

Good luck, Daz. 🤞

I am sitting here in my coat and with my shoes on.

We need a call saying it can go ahead first and then if so, it will be a frantic ring around removal companies to see if anyone can suddenly conjure up lorries and vans for us to move today. Highly unlikely.

🙄
No answer's a good one(!) bit is it worth getting your things in storage for whenever it's happens? You'd be able to claim those costs back off the chain?

Otis

No answer's a good one(!) bit is it worth getting your things in storage for whenever it's happens? You'd be able to claim those costs back off the chain?
We have tried. No storage place that has availability nearby. 🙄

Nuts isn't it.

We have just had the solicitor on the phone now saying it's still not been completed, but it may happen and it might be be as late as 5pm today.

So we might get a phone call at 5pm today saying we are moving today.

You couldn't make it up. 😂

Otis

And they are saying that if it doesn't happen by 5 today, they have to send the mortgage funds back and reapply and that takes 5 more days, so if we put stuff in storage and that happens, we won't have anything to sit, sleep or eat from. 😂😂

chiefdave

Trying to look on the bright side they’re probably getting a high number of last minute cancellations so there could be a chance of someone being able to help out if you get the go ahead

SBAndy

We have tried. No storage place that has availability nearby. 🙄

Nuts isn't it.

We have just had the solicitor on the phone now saying it's still not been completed, but it may happen and it might be be as late as 5pm today.

So we might get a phone call at 5pm today saying we are moving today.

You couldn't make it up. 😂

It’s a huge long shot, and going to massively depend on where you are in the chain, but is there any way to stay under licence for a day if you get chance to complete today?

Otis

You know the funniest bit in all this....

So, it's the people buying our house. It's their solicitor that has been hit, as I mentioned before.

The word from that solicitor is that "they don't know if they applied for the mortgage funds or not"

That's how daft it is

Until their systems are back up, they say they won't know if they applied for the mortgage funds.

🤦🤷🙄

Otis

It’s a huge long shot, and going to massively depend on where you are in the chain, but is there any way to stay under licence for a day if you get chance to complete today?
What does that mean, Andy? Under licence?

NorthernWisdom

And they are saying that if it doesn't happen by 5 today, they have to send the mortgage funds back and reapply and that takes 5 more days, so if we put stuff in storage and that happens, we won't have anything to sit, sleep or eat from. 😂😂
You could probably claim a hotel too in these circumstances I'd think.

And yeah I appreciate that'd probably feel a bit like borstal

SBAndy

What does that mean, Andy? Under licence?

I know of a situation where it’s happened before, albeit there is huge risk on the part of the solicitor. In effect, you’re renting the home you currently live in from your buyer for the day.

Langers70

Not heard anything so i guess we're still good to go tomorrow.Sent the final readings in again,they've not changed since last week,but it gave us one last chance to look round our childhood home.Good luck Otis,i hope someone can pull a rabbit out the hat for you.

Nick

Administrator
I know of a situation where it’s happened before, albeit there is huge risk on the part of the solicitor. In effect, you’re renting the home you currently live in from your buyer for the day.

I did that the other way round, when it wasn't going through I rented where I was buying for a month.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hope you get sorted soon Otis me old mate , we’ve moved a load of stuff into me mum and dads it looks like steptoes living room trying to get hold of the guy we are buying from to sale of we can store everything but our clothes in the house

Otis

Hope you get sorted soon Otis me old mate , we’ve moved a load of stuff into me mum and dads it looks like steptoes living room trying to get hold of the guy we are buying from to sale of we can store everything but our clothes in the house
We can't move because of boxes. 😂

The living room is head to toe in boxes and I can only watch the TV through a tiny gap between them. Probably why I thought that ball was well in for that goal on Tuesday. 🤪

Cheers, Daz.

Good luck to you too.

Langers70

Just waiting for the buyers solicitor to send the funds now.Worst case scenario they send it late,and it wont get processed till Monday morning.My conveyencer is pretty confident it will get done today though,fingers crossed.

Langers70

I wish I could have afforded to do it not in a chain. Horrible, horrible, horrible. And I have no idea how some people move every three to four years, seemingly!
I feel for the buyers,they just want to get into their new house,and the bloody conveyencers keep pissing everybody about.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I heard more from our solicitors and estate agents yesterday then I had done in the last 4 months , I reckon the whole process could be done in a month

Users who are viewing this thread