Moving abroad (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sounds
Moved to the U.S 17 years ago.
Went to the local football 'Sock-uuuur' training nights and met a shit ton of people.
The language was a bitch to learn though... :p

I play golf, football, go to the beach and drink heavily in my free time. (y)
Sounds brilliant , what’s the job opportunities like for a health care (Un)professsional ?

tisza

Make sure you spend some time developing your social circle so you don’t feel dependent on her. Even if it means spending some time alone at the start, it’s important you don’t live your life through her and you feel dependent/rely on her too much.
Also one of the better ways of picking up the language

B-Ban-Boogie

Sounds

Sounds brilliant , what’s the job opportunities like for a health care (Un)professsional ?

With all the health care employees getting fired for being unvaxed you might have a shot!
But in all seriousness, people moving and working here in the states is nigh on impossible right now.
Come in across the border of Mexico and you might get in! lol

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I lived overseas for a few years. Isle of Wight. 2010 - 2018. And before anyone says it's not overseas........... try walking there!! 😂 😂 😂

robbiekeane

Any one here ever moved abroad?

Im moving to Hungary in like 3/4 months time and just want to know what you done to meet people and what you do in your free time ect.
Moved to the US a couple of years ago. My advice is to carve out some time to do activities that are going to be YOUR activities and protect that time at all costs.

Im assuming you play footy or can at least have a kick about cause I think I remember you being a bit of a fitness nut. I’ve never been amazing at football but good enough to be okay 5 a side and be average, but it’s the best thing for meeting mates. If you google “social footy” or “social soccer” I’m sure you’ll find some 5/7 a sides that meet at a bar after etc. Important to have your own activities and not be dependent on your gf.

Feel free to pm me if you want any more thoughts

Kieranp96

Moved to the US a couple of years ago. My advice is to carve out some time to do activities that are going to be YOUR activities and protect that time at all costs.

Im assuming you play footy or can at least have a kick about cause I think I remember you being a bit of a fitness nut. I’ve never been amazing at football but good enough to be okay 5 a side and be average, but it’s the best thing for meeting mates. If you google “social footy” or “social soccer” I’m sure you’ll find some 5/7 a sides that meet at a bar after etc. Important to have your own activities and not be dependent on your gf.

Feel free to pm me if you want any more thoughts
Not fitness nut trying to lose weight still though and yea I will start looking at local football groups gyms ect

torchomatic

I feel the same. Pretty depressed about the short, medium and long term prospects of this country

It's been shit since Brexit and the Johnson government has made this country an intolerant embarrassment. If I could afford it we'd be off somewhere else.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I tried moving a b road once. Tarmac was to heavy! 😂

Kieranp96

If you're moving to Budapest, it would be a good idea to join the Budapest hash club. There are about thirty in their group , so you'll get a lot of resourceful information and you get a chance to see how the country is at the same time. Plus you get totally pissed at the end of the day!
Not Budapest, about 80km above in balassagyarmat.

Users who are viewing this thread