Most Important Player (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue

After our inevitable relegation to League One next year, who (Excluding Richard Keogh) do you believe it is important we make it our priority that we keep? For me it would have to be McDonald, he's really impressed me since he came back from injury and I think he'd really do the business for us in League One. Thoughts?

Brighton Sky Blue

Nimely returning to Man City makes it imperative that we retain the few strikers we have. Platt will be at his natural level, as will ROD, which you'd think would ease the burden on McDonald and Sheff. If Clingan leaves, Norwood returning to United leaves us with Gael, Deegan, and Thomas in the centre midfield slot-that is seriously not enough to last a season and is of more concern to me than the situation up front.

Otis

Keogh will be gone surely, along with Cranie and Clinga, so that leaves us with the kids and then Deegan, Platt, Baker, Bell, Sheff, Hussey.

You would have to say McDonald. If we were to do well it would need to be someone with some creativity to lead us forwards I feel. A goalscorer or a creator. Therefore based on what we have at the moment you would have to say it would be out of McDonald, Sheff and Baker.

sylus

don't worry...if we are down..and sisu are still here...you can rest assure any player with any value..will be sold...

It's time McSheffrey lived up to his 'Mr Coventry' tag....he's a senior pro now and needs to perform more regularly than 1 in every 8/10 games.

I expect two massive performances from him this week.

oakey

In order to sell players we have to receive offers. Few clubs, outside the Prem, have any money and will be using limited funds on wages not transfer fees. So we might keep most, or even all, of the better players still under contract. Let's face it we have already sold the family silver. The kids are unproven and out of contract in due course. We may well have the same squad minus the 2 loanees and Cranie and Clingan. Some fans forget how dire the finances of other clubs are too. Keogh will only attract Championship interest and maybe on same wages. He may choose to stay especially if offered the captaincy and/or extended contract. Lower prem teams, like Bolton, would only take him as a squad man, not first choice.

sky_blue_up_north

I actually agree, have been impressed with McDonald, good pace, good movement. Reminds me a little bit of Ian Wallace....

Reminds me more of Kevin Drinkell with his goalscoring record.

20 appearances - 4 goals.

However, I do think he'll do well at a lower level....so one to keep, without doubt for me....also with a pre-season under his belt.

aloisiwouldhavescored

don't worry...if we are down..and sisu are still here...you can rest assure any player with any value..will be sold...
Yes that's the real concern, if we do go down, who will still be here? Sisu will sell anything that moves who they can get £1 for, and that includes
the kids, who are improving all the time, but who will also be moved on if they can get anything for them.:claping hands:.

Apart from that, Cody seems to be starting to do the business, if he can keep injury-free.

Otis

In order to sell players we have to receive offers. Few clubs, outside the Prem, have any money and will be using limited funds on wages not transfer fees. So we might keep most, or even all, of the better players still under contract. Let's face it we have already sold the family silver. The kids are unproven and out of contract in due course. We may well have the same squad minus the 2 loanees and Cranie and Clingan. Some fans forget how dire the finances of other clubs are too. Keogh will only attract Championship interest and maybe on same wages. He may choose to stay especially if offered the captaincy and/or extended contract. Lower prem teams, like Bolton, would only take him as a squad man, not first choice.

Yep. It's not as if someone like Liverpool would come in and snatch Conor Thomas off us is it. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:whistle:if a decent off comes in for any kid with talent here they will be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread