Mortimer &Whitehouse- Gone Fishing (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Just been announced that the popular series is getting a fourth run. Attracted 2 million viewers each week, and although I'm not an angler I enjoyed watching these 2 funny blokes putting the world to right.
It got me thinking what one person would you like to do a similar programme with ? It could be a mate, a family member, a well known celebrity or sports star, and preferably alive !
I'd go for Tyson Fury as I've just read his book and he comes across as an interesting character, with a colourful past etc. Any more suggestions ?

olderskyblue

My mate. We used to go regularly when we were younger, and had no wives or kids...

We had the same sort of laughs as Paul & Bob, and always enjoyed our day.

The series so far have been a great watch. Glad they're doing another.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My dad. I only knew him properly for about 3 years before he died way too early. He took me sea fishing once when I was about 15 and he lived near Southend. That was 52 years ago. I'd give anything to spend just a couple more days doing the same with him again.

Sbarcher

Reasoned debates with Donald Trump.

Covkid1968#

if he was still alive... a series with me and Jimmy Saville visiting all the kids he “fixed it” for now that they are all emotionally damaged adults. We could discuss what had the biggest impact on their lives... eating a hot dog on a roller coaster or getting fiddled with in the dressing room. Each episode would end with a cigar being stubbed out on his face.....great viewing!

Kneeza

So glad there's another series scheduled. I absolutely love it
It also puts me in mind of fishing the Leam with my granddad, which was always a treat for me. He passed nearly 55 years ago, but he was one of those blokes that makes an impression. I'll never forget him.
Still have his pride-and-joy split-cane rod and reel hanging up in my workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread