Morecambe vs Coventry (League Cup) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I can see him playing the following team (depending on what babies pop out before then)

Thomas
Keogh McPake Wood Hussey

Laurent Carsley Clingan McShef

Jukebox Platt

I can also see us winning 3-0 with Jukebox scoring his first in a City shirt :)

Seamus1

I believe Clingan has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad to face Montenegro on Wednesday.

Subject to Thomas and Laurent being signed in time, my team would be:

Thomas

Clarke McPake Wood Hussey

Laurent Doyle Baker Mcindoe

Jutkiewicz Eastwood

I personally hope that we can use this testing game as more time for Lukas and Freddy to get to know more about each other's style of play, and try to forge a strong partnership. Carsley imho might need to be used sparingly over the season

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Good shout on Baker Irish, he used to play for Morecambe. Might put a cheeky bet on Baker to score when I'm at the game :D

CovInEssex

Gonna go for a nervy 2-1 to the sky bluessss. Hope he rests a few key players for the game on saturday.

Come on CITYYY!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I can see him playing the following team (depending on what babies pop out before then)

Thomas
Keogh McPake Wood Hussey

Laurent Carsley Clingan McShef

Jukebox Platt

I can also see us winning 3-0 with Jukebox scoring his first in a City shirt :)

It says on ccfc website that Boothroyd is trying to bring a keeper in before the game,doe's that mean Thomas?
If he doesnt bring someone in he says he has no problem putting Quirke in.

Just a quick one when travelling to Morecambe - the traffic through Lancaster is horrendous so give yourselves a little extra time for travel. Put la45qh into satnavs - that will bring you directly to the away fans pub - The York Hotel. Transport available to the ground from there and its only a 12 min walk anyway. There is a bar for away fans at the ground but it is just a concourse type thing under the terrace (plastic glasses). we have real ales, bar snacks, pool, darts etc.

See some of you here!

Sky Blue Luke

-Doyle-
-Clarke-McPake-Wood-Hussey-
-Laurent-Clingan-Doyle-Sheffers-
-O'Donovan-Eastwood-​

2-0 City :)

Last edited:

Sky Blue Luke

Coventry City U18's hitman Jonson Harris could become the Sky Blues youngest ever player if he plays tonight against Morecambe FC in the League Cup tie at the new Globe Arena.

Harris has been in a rich vein of form in pre-season, scoring five goals including a brace against Shrewsbury Town, where he was watched by City first team boss Aidy Boothroyd.

Harris, who arrived at City's Academy on a trial last season, if his date of birth given on the club website is correct, is sixteen years and twenty days old today which would beat Ben Mackey's debut in 2003 when he was 16 years 167 days.

Would love to see him get a chance (if we're winning ofcourse)

Sky Blue Luke

-Doyle-
-Grandison-McPake(c)-Wood-Hussey-
-Clarke-Bell-Baker-McIndoe-
-Platt-O'Donovan-​

10 Changes​

(that's how C&W lined them up)

5 at the back would make more sense to me with them names, but I hope we don't play 5 at the back v Morecambe :(

Last edited:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Well not the most convincing of line-ups today especially considering the lack of backups on the bench.... Either way i'm sure with the likes of Bell and McIndoe we will have enough quality to win. Aidy i no doubt testing the other players in the squad and hopefully the rest of the team will shine through today :)

I bloody hope we win though cus my day has been completely shit today and I need something to smile about haha !

CMON CITYYY :p

Jimthor

It's an unusual lineup. A bit light up top but not necessarily weak. A few out of position but hopefully it won't matter too much against a side like Morcambe. Got a mate at the game who's text me saying Hussey's hit the post and Platt's looking good. We're looking fairly comfortable apparently.

gouldberg

1-0 down......Andrew Fleming with their goal right on half-time :eek:

gouldberg

According to stats and some sketchy messages from a friend on FB we've bossed them most of the game, hit the post, i think we've had 8 shots, they've had 2, and my mate thinks in the first 15mins we had about 80% of the possesion. Just havn't been able to stick the ball in the net yet!

Let's hope we take control of the 2nd half early and get back on level terms as fast as possible.

Jimthor

O'Donovan has missed a sitter and been rubbish apparently. Hard to imagine who's gonna score the goals considering neither Freddy or Lukas are ever on the bench. Pretty much no options at all on the bench by the looks of things, not sure why we've gone with this risky a strategy. No Freddy, Lukas, McSheffrey, etc...

gouldberg

Just as long as we're not looking towards Grandison for the goal like last year against Hartlepool :(:(

Maybe it would be worth giving Connor Thomas a go. England u-17 international, quite impressive, may be an Ashley Cain like spark.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
O'Donovan has missed a sitter and been rubbish apparently. Hard to imagine who's gonna score the goals considering neither Freddy or Lukas are ever on the bench. Pretty much no options at all on the bench by the looks of things, not sure why we've gone with this risky a strategy. No Freddy, Lukas, McSheffrey, etc...

I know... seems pretty stupid, maybe Aidy wanted to try the new guys. Who knows ? but its still the start of the season and bragging rights are important, as is keeping winning momentum for the team and morale. The strategy used today is quite frankly reckless.

gouldberg

Think i just jynxed it :(

Hmmm, why did we loan out Shaun Jeffers?? He just scored for Cheltenham.

CovInEssex

Stanley (the Morcambe captain) is from Bedworth, and speaking of Bedworth, i seen Ashley Cain there today :)

Tom

Damn :(, this result obviously isn't the end of the world, but it's never nice too lose, anybody see Shrewsbury's score? They were losing 3-0 to Charlton and have pulled it back to 3-3

Nick

Administrator
Pretty gutted about this still, would be more gutted if I spent money going to watch it!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Ive been impressed with Boothroyd scince he's been with us,but naming a bench like that is POOR.

Users who are viewing this thread