More Wasps BS? (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Don't you have to suck all the other players knobs and drink piss to get into a rugby team? Bunch of weird bastards. Care to enlighten us on that experience @peaches and cream?

Tommo1993

Rugby is the snotty little sibling, who isn’t loved as much, doesn’t get the attention it wants and is angry at its older and far more loved sibling - football.

Drop a football pretty much anywhere in the world, and people will know what’s going on. Drop an egg shaped rugby “ball”, it won’t be recognised worldwide.

Hobo

Oggy mumbled on about SISU withdrawing teh action in Europe. That's one against CCC and cannot be withdrawn .

It is amazing how many people don't get that one.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

While we are on Rugby.

Why is it, whenever I happen to mention to someone that I don't like Rugby, usually when it's on in the pub or something, the first thing they do is mention football.
Like "at least Rugby players don't dive about like fannies like in football".
Why mention football, I didn't bring it up. Why not compare it to Tennis or American Football.

I've definitely said this before on here but it happened about 5 times last weekend.

Edit: Also I don't make a point of going around telling people I don't like Rugby, but when people try to engage in a conversation about it I'd rather let them know than pretend to get what they are on about.
Agreed - I’ve had someone at work ask me “am I going to watch the World Cup multiple times... every time I reply - if they get to the final I might get up but it won’t ruin my day. He then precedes to tell me rugby is better than football”

shmmeee

While we are on Rugby.

Why is it, whenever I happen to mention to someone that I don't like Rugby, usually when it's on in the pub or something, the first thing they do is mention football.
Why mention football, I didn't bring it up. Why not compare it to Tennis or American Football.

I've definitely said this before on here but it happened about 5 times last weekend.

Edit: Also I don't make a point of going around telling people I don't like Rugby, but when people try to engage in a conversation about it I'd rather let them know than pretend to get what they are on about.

Inferiority complex. Same as when people find out you’ve got an iPhone or Mac and go on and on about how much better their phone/laptop is and how they’d never get a Mac. OK mate, literally no one asked.

shmmeee

Rugby is great. Can’t wait till sat morning.

Have no local team though. It’s England then Wales for me.

Honest question: what’s so great about it?

Ive tried to watch a couple of games and it just seems to have no flow or tactics, really don’t see how it compares to football. But maybe I’m missing some deeper level. Up there with cricket for me in terms of dull sports I don’t see the point of.

shmmeee

Don't you have to suck all the other players knobs and drink piss to get into a rugby team? Bunch of weird bastards. Care to enlighten us on that experience @peaches and cream?

My mate told me to join one they all got naked and went in a line holding the guy behind them’s cock through their legs. Then telling me about how they lick each other and play with the oppositions testicles in scrums. Then told me about soggy biscuit. THEN said football was shit because it was for pussies.

cc84cov

Ive tried to watch a couple of games and it just seems to have no flow or tactics, really don’t see how it compares to football. But maybe I’m missing some deeper level. Up there with cricket for me in terms of dull sports I don’t see the point of.
I watch international rugby well England but don’t have a local team if I did it would be Coventry rugby without a doubt

England New Zealand semi final World Cup Saturday defo worth a watch

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

on a note if you look on the CT Facebook comments on this arguments - they’re mostly (surprisingly) anti wasps... surprised the editor isn’t going through deleting them comments

Hobo

Two great sports in my opinion. But when both sides debate it, the children come out and its like Prime Ministers Question Time Live.

Wasps are a long way from being out the woods financially...but they are committed to being in Coventry and Warwickshire and wont leave or go belly up in the short term. Some of the post on our forum are quite frankly embarrassing.

As for us I can't see a quick return to Coventry or a new stadium being built. How long SISU will fund us or what their game plan is I am no wiser than years ago.

At least our on the pitch football is pretty good at the moment with still room for improvement. The same can be said of Coventry Rugby Club. A lot Coventry folk can be proud of.

Supporting Wasps is a bit like living in our City and supporting Man United... big brand but no emotional bond. Its like supporting Nike, Addidas or Sports Direct.

hill83

My mate told me to join one they all got naked and went in a line holding the guy behind them’s cock through their legs. Then telling me about how they lick each other and play with the oppositions testicles in scrums. Then told me about soggy biscuit. THEN said football was shit because it was for pussies.

We were in the student union at nottingham trent (2006 ish) and the rugby lot were taking it in turns, well not taking it in turns, but they were all doing it, to put their fingers up each others arses and suck their fingers after. Literally hand down the back of the trousers and pants as a kind of 'ha ha got you' sort of thing. TRUE, pure banter.

SBAndy

I suppose I like it as there isn’t really an option to play ‘defensive’ rugby. Not like in football where you can just set out not to lose. It is very tactical if you know what’s happening (and sorry to sound a little pompous there) but if you’re not familiar with the rules it can look a bit of a mess.

You want a pointless sport with no tactics? Check out rugby league.

shmmeee

I suppose I like it as there isn’t really an option to play ‘defensive’ rugby. Not like in football where you can just set out not to lose. It is very tactical if you know what’s happening (and sorry to sound a little pompous there) but if you’re not familiar with the rules it can look a bit of a mess.

You want a pointless sport with no tactics? Check out rugby league.

No I totally think it’s cos I don’t know the rules. But then I never remember having that issue with football, the beauty was always there to see for me.

Skyblueweeman

While we are on Rugby.

This really p!sses me off from rugby fans. Yeah, but spear tackles and eye gouging are ok? Rolling eyes emoji....

ccfcway

The sport itself is great. Love the combat and the fact it’s a proper endurance event. Also love the fact that the players respect the officials and the fact that fans can mix without the fear of Riots. I can’t understand in 2019 why I can’t sit next to a fan of other football team due to it may end in a fight. That’s poor. Football will always be my number one by a county mile, but there are things we can learn from rugby

matesx

We were in the student union at nottingham trent (2006 ish) and the rugby lot were taking it in turns, well not taking it in turns, but they were all doing it, to put their fingers up each others arses and suck their fingers after. Literally hand down the back of the trousers and pants as a kind of 'ha ha got you' sort of thing. TRUE, pure banter.

Ewwwww bum bacteria is really nasty stuff. Some pretty horrendous bugs in there.

Still.....all good rugbo fun.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

its 2019. We have to put fans of another team in another place due to potential of fights or other violence.

Surely that’s not a society any of us what to live in ?

Whilst I completely agree it is ridiculous that is how football fans behave, surely splitting home and away fans creates the nature of football atmosphere. I’ve not been to a rugby game but it never sounds like there’s an atmosphere on tv and then someone will belt out the national anthem. A bit like England at Wembley, just shite. It would be nice if there was an option for those who wanted to sit with their friends or opposition could but those who wanted to help create an atmosphere were still segregated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Great Eastern

Don't Fulham have a neutral area?
They certainly used to in the past. Away fans are now segregated to the right of the goal at the end to the right of the tv cameras. Whether Fulham still allow a mixture in that end, I really don't know. Wouldn't be too sharp an idea if Millwall were the visitors.

oscillatewildly

Hence the term - 'rugger bugger'.

Users who are viewing this thread