More signings? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Now that our squad has pretty much taken shape, do you think that realistically we need anyone else?

My comment would be that we need more cutting edge up front, so would ship out ROD to bring in a new nippy forward as competition to Cody.

Also, Hussey doesn't fill me with confidence at LB so a genuine lecft back, who could also play left wing and do set pieces (like Fox) would complete the picture for me. Possibly create the wages for this by unloading either Cameron or Wood.

In an ideal world, I'd sack off Bell and bring in another right winger, but then we can all dream!

Grendel

Well we do need one more striker and we should be doing all we can to "encourage" O'Donovan out of the club. Hussey will be OK as long as we do not have the nonsense formation we endured for a lot of last season which meant he had to attack as well as defend.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Wood was class on Tuesday and has been solid every year hes played for us. How Keogh and Crainie got CB over him I don't know. Him and Brown will be the difference this year - some solidity to help during the bad performances. I think he must stay in my eyes

Martin180

Not convinced Husseys heart is 100% set on being here ,would like to ship him out and get a young player from the lower leagues .Hopefully Polo and Obita will sign as well .

Like to think Malaga will be first choice once he adapts to the English game too

dojer

Hopefully we're looking at adding another midfielder and striker. We've got a decent-ish starting XI but the team looks to be significantly weakened in the event of injuries to key players.

CJparker

Yes, we need senior cover for every position. At the moment we lack this at LB. Wood is on £8k per week so there is an incentive for SISU to let him leave, but personally I'd rather see Cameron loaned out to free up wages to bring in a new LB like Ryan Dickson as competition/cover for Hussey.

Bell is a waste of space, and given Baker's inconsistency and injury record we do lack a genuinely reliable and effective right-winger.

Would be happy to see Polo arrive - ROD would then leave as he would be surplus to requirements, think that is the plan anyway.

iamyouralterego

'Hopefully we're looking at adding another midfielder and striker. We've got a decent-ish starting XI but the team looks to be significantly weakened in the event of injuries to key players'

Surely all teams are weakened by injuries to key players :thinking about:

Who is available that would not only improve the existing cover but be also willing to be a squad player?

Jennings, Barton, Fleck and Thomas i believe, are most people starting four in the diamond. There's Kilbane, Mcsheffery, Baker, Daniels and Bell (though, long term injury can almost count him out of this for now) as cover or available to cover in those positions.

I think it's more of a luxury to want another midfielder to act as a back-up and personally, can't see anyone coming in.

However, i agree on the striking front. If the Hungarian guy comes in, i think that'll be that. Whether he will be an improvement... we do not know for sure and can only trust AT's judgement- if you prescribe to that!

RichieGunns

And im pretty sure Wood has been reported to be on £6000 a week as i remember reading it in the CT. He's on the same wages as one other member of the squad. Not sure who though.

Wood needs to stay from the sounds of it. And i wouldnt like to see cameron off too. He deserves a chance in the side.

Im thinking we'll get polo and this other striker and then that'll be it unless SISU sell anymore players, so in that case we would see some replacements.

@richh87

Wood was class on Tuesday and has been solid every year hes played for us. How Keogh and Crainie got CB over him I don't know. Him and Brown will be the difference this year - some solidity to help during the bad performances. I think he must stay in my eyes

Erm, by being f*cking brilliant? ;)

I'd be happy with Polo coming in

Chipfat

AT said we have signed 10 at the forum,, but Jennings is only the 9th so does this mean the other signing AT talked about has been done..... Or does it mean AT cant count!!!!!!!!!!!!

@richh87

AT said we have signed 10 at the forum,, but Jennings is only the 9th so does this mean the other signing AT talked about has been done..... Or does it mean AT cant count!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be the striker then as he said they were working on it... Hopefully a pacey winger...

shmmeee

Looking at the squad all I really want is another striker. I'd like a LB in but think we have much better cover there than last year and wouldnt want to hamper Husseys development. Don't know about his attitude as haven't been I any games, so I won't take that into consideration.

A squad like this is fine IMO:

Murphy/Dunn/ Burge
Clarke/Christie/Phillips
Hussey/(Kilbane/Wood/Malaga/Clarke) Pegg
Brown/Edge/Cameron
Wood/Malaga/Willis
Jennings/Thomas/Daniels
Barton/Baker/Garner
Kilbane/Bell/Wiseman
Fleck/McSheffrey/Ruffles
Poliski/Ball/Jeffers
McDonald/Elliot/Roberts

Sell ROD, bring in a striker and we have the best depth and balance of any squad I can remember.

Chipfat

I dont think ROD will be part of the plans and will see him being pushed out of the club and in my opinion rightly so. Depending on your first 11 you try them to pick your 6 subs and for me he doesnt come into it. Also with another 2 possible signings coming in he is going further away from the 1st team.

Free his wages up and go and get more depth at a position we need..

Users who are viewing this thread