More help from the real Dons (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

1000 of them tonight holding up the Fix Football signs at the Franchise whilst singing "Back to the Ricoh, they want to go home...". Can't post pics on my phone but could someone take them from my twitter. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/cj_covblaze/status/499277480818380800

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bu3KMA5IYAAkvWR.jpg

wingy

We really should return the gesture one day and flashmob one of their games ,put a few quid in their kitty.

Samo

We really should return the gesture one day and flashmob one of their games ,put a few quid in their
kitty.

Now that is a fucking good idea!

Tommystours

Always had a soft spot for them since Bobby Gould took them to Wembley after us and beat Liverpool. Crazy gang great fans respect. Open your eyes city fans fill the hill tomorrow . PUSB's

They've protested for us better than some of our fans have. Credit to them.

Just back from MK. Hardly any of the AFC Wimbledon fans refused to take a leaflet. No abuse to CJ or me for what we were asking, lots of 'Good Luck, hope you get home soon'. 90% joined in the demo on 35 minutes.

Interesting contrast with some of the negativity on other SBT threads re tomorrow's protest!

Baginton

How about...SATURDAY 1ST NOVEMBER 2014

Cov away to L.Orient

Wombles away to Northampton

Those not travelling to London, could turn up on the hill or go in the away end,

how about some 'BACK TO PLOUGH LANE' banners as they too are exiled from their home and want to go home!

Hobo

Well done AFC fans. A big thank you and lots of respect for you and your club.

Neutral Fan

Why not all go to watch AFC on 23 August rather than watching the Franchise FC game? They play at home v Hartlepool that day.

Great solidarity. Great protest. Good publicity on the FL show if you take enough.

Ian1779

I really think we should drop the 'fix football' tagline. It does nothing to illustrate our particular predicament, as well as being a throwaway phrase that lacks definition and substance. 'Bring us home' is far more pertinent IMO.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We really should return the gesture one day and flashmob one of their games ,put a few quid in their kitty.

This is a great idea.....

Especially if it coincided with this idea...

Why not all go to watch AFC on 23 August rather than watching the Franchise FC game? They play at home v Hartlepool that day.

Great solidarity. Great protest. Good publicity on the FL show if you take enough.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I really think we should drop the 'fix football' tagline. It does nothing to illustrate our particular predicament, as well as being a throwaway phrase that lacks definition and substance. 'Bring us home' is far more pertinent IMO.

Personally can't believe we've not employed the obvious, yet unique "Send us to Coventry" tagline.....

CJ_covblaze

Bring us home is a good tagline. It's about an individual issue and highlights the main problem at our club.

The idea of Fix Football is to highlight all the problems in today's game. Changing any of the colours, name, location & crest without proper fan consultation (if at all) is wrong. If it was made just about our plight would the same level of interest be there?

ohitsaidwalker king power

Its been my tag line for a number of months!! :wave:... this is a great gesture by AFC Wimbledon, full credit to them and to CJ... repaying them by supporting them at there ground is something my son and I would whole heartedly support.

Ian1779

Bring us home is a good tagline. It's about an individual issue and highlights the main problem at our club.

The idea of Fix Football is to highlight all the problems in today's game. Changing any of the colours, name, location & crest without proper fan consultation (if at all) is wrong. If it was made just about our plight would the same level of interest be there?

The idea of fix football isn't just that though is it? The driving force behind the majority of problems in football is money. TV revenue is the driving force of everything. That is what has brought the Glazers, Vincent Tan, SISU and everyone else into the game.

As fans we are happy to take their money without question if things go well. It only tends to become an issue when on the pitch is going wrong. How much did Cardiff fans care about their identity being modified when they were hurtling towards the PL a couple of years ago?

Do you not think it's slightly hypocritical to wave around 'fix football' banners then we all get home and stick on our over-priced Sky Sports subscription?

IMO - most people like the idea of football being fixed, but would not be prepared to accept the consequences of football being overhauled to do just that. I think this is the primary reason why the fix football petition will never reach 100K signatures even if it was promoted by every club in the FL and PL.

It's not a criticism personally or of the Trust, just something that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

lewys33

The idea of fix football isn't just that though is it? The driving force behind the majority of problems in football is money. TV revenue is the driving force of everything. That is what has brought the Glazers, Vincent Tan, SISU and everyone else into the game.

As fans we are happy to take their money without question if things go well. It only tends to become an issue when on the pitch is going wrong. How much did Cardiff fans care about their identity being modified when they were hurtling towards the PL a couple of years ago?

Do you not think it's slightly hypocritical to wave around 'fix football' banners then we all get home and stick on our over-priced Sky Sports subscription?

IMO - most people like the idea of football being fixed, but would not be prepared to accept the consequences of football being overhauled to do just that. I think this is the primary reason why the fix football petition will never reach 100K signatures even if it was promoted by every club in the FL and PL.

It's not a criticism personally or of the Trust, just something that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Personally I think "fix football" is a better way to include all the issues rather than having the above explanation on each piece of A4 paper. I don't recall many campaigns (political or otherwise) having a few sentences as its main slogan.

Users who are viewing this thread