More Court Action (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

We are getting nowhere at the Ricoh fast are we?

Why shouldn't Wasps be renting or moving where they belong? Why is it Coventry belongs in Coventry but we can ship others into Coventry.

Is that you Ann?

Perhaps I should throw this in.

It all started two years ago – and the date is of great significance. According to Coventry RFC president Peter Rossborough, speaking in a recent interview with the BBC, Richardson met with him two years ago to discuss a potential ‘merger’ between the two clubs – perhaps with one eye on the Ricoh. Crucially, this was well before Richardson had declared any commercial interest in Wasps, suggesting he had an interest in the Ricoh before taking over Wasps.

http://www.therugbyblog.com/was-richardsons-wasps-takeover-just-a-step-on-the-road-to-the-ricoh

Oh no, it's all about the Ricoh, and getting it undervalue, and using a sporting team to get that. What? Not the best thing for a sports club?

RPHunt

FAO Inklee boy: stop mocking Grendel.

He contributes 30 posts every hour, night and day, despite having a job as a senior executive (on £100k p.a.) and a very active social life. Not many other mortals could achieve that.
He provides valuable analysis and insight into the problems surrounding the club. For instance we would never have known that SISU deliberately lost the Judicial Review without Grendel tipping us off.
Any more of this mockery and he and his 'drinking colleagues' from his favourite wine bar will search you out.

letsallsingtogether

Correct sorry but most fans still blame them for this abortion and rightly so.

As long as they are here they will never be forgiven for their actions, so better they leave before there is nothing left.

It has nothing to do with CCFC. Sisu have shown their true colours yet again. No Ambition, No Vision, No diplomacy Nothing, just blame anyone they can for their misgivings and some even fall for it. Can't even find a piece of land after nearly 2 years can't be that many places to chose from in the area they are talking about, Anne Lucus was right Council shouldn't run a sports stadium the bit she missed out was nor should a Hedge fund run a Football Club.....
But that would be SISU so it would be wrong, however this isn't SISU so it is obviously OK.

martcov

Totally ignoring the fact they've been parachuted in by Ann Lucas, the person apparently against ripping a club away from its community. Wasps owners and the Council are bad guys fro doing what they've done. Yes, and so are SISU. The main difference is the council and owners of Wasps have done it permanently.

In the world we live in, a League 1 club cannot afford the Ricoh. We use it at most 25-26 Times a year. We need a second team playing there. If SISU had gone for a long-term lease and then got Wasps in as a tenant, I would be in favour of it. It would be well done SISU.

martcov

We are getting nowhere at the Ricoh fast are we?

Why shouldn't Wasps be renting or moving where they belong? Why is it Coventry belongs in Coventry but we can ship others into Coventry.

Is that you Ann?

i didn't say we ( CCFC ) are getting nowhere at the Ricoh. I have said often enough we should be at the Ricoh.

I think Wasps is a different case to CCFC. Simple really. We have a perfectly good sports stadium with enough seats for PL should we ever get there. We should be working on staying at the Ricoh, not talking crap and appealing the JR.

thats the difference between us and Wasps.

L

limoncello

Why is it that now we've been presented with solid evidence that ALL parties involved with our club are complete and utter cunts, there is still no fan unity?

I'm genuinely perplexed.

Grendel

FAO Inklee boy: stop mocking Grendel.

He contributes 30 posts every hour, night and day, despite having a job as a senior executive (on £100k p.a.) and a very active social life. Not many other mortals could achieve that.
He provides valuable analysis and insight into the problems surrounding the club. For instance we would never have known that SISU deliberately lost the Judicial Review without Grendel tipping us off.
Any more of this mockery and he and his 'drinking colleagues' from his favourite wine bar will search you out.

But I've been in prison for 2 years after you reported me to the police.

Don't you remember?

CCFCSteve

I haven't read all the posts so this may have been mentioned already but I wonder if the continuing cost, hassle and effort of court case after court case led to CCC just deciding to sell up. This resolves the JR appeal in my eyes, public monies returned as requested by 'hedge fund voice of the people' so no case to answer.

Im pissed off with CCC and gutted about what's happened but SISU have been a shambles for years and it's their actions, and threats that have led to this position. What a feckin mess !!!

lets hope they deliver on the new stadium but I still can't work out why they couldnt offer for the Ricoh ?! Just doesn't make sense

The difference is that the council mouthpiece and their leader are pretending that the club can purchase 50% when the reality is they cannot.

I personally think that raises false hopes and it is treating fans like shit.

What do you think?

I think you are just stirring up shit and your figures are out as no one knows what the deal is. It was all behind closed doors and you have come out with those figures. Guess what it is all bullshit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The difference is that the council mouthpiece and their leader are pretending that the club can purchase 50% when the reality is they cannot.

I personally think that raises false hopes and it is treating fans like shit.

What do you think?

Assuming you're right and it isn't possible then I agree its disgraceful.

Assuming you're wrong and it is possible then SISU need to move their arses into gear and purchase it

Grendel

I think you are just stirring up shit and your figures are out as no one knows what the deal is. It was all behind closed doors and you have come out with those figures. Guess what it is all bullshit.

No I've quoted a bbc journalist from midlands today - ill e mail him its bullshit - as clearly it doesn't fit your agenda.

On a lighter note lets all have a sweepstake as to when No Future With Sisu will actually make a football related post.

I say - January 18th 2024.

No I've quoted a bbc journalist from midlands today - ill e mail him its bullshit - as clearly it doesn't fit your agenda.

On a lighter note lets all have a sweepstake as to when No Future With Sisu will actually make a football related post.

You do not need to as the council has said all the media SPECULATION is just not helping. In the media it is that, but in your case it is just BULLSHIT. I have highlighted the words that are important for you to learn.

Grendel

You do not need to as the council has said all the media SPECULATION is just not helping. In the media it is that, but in your case it is just BULLSHIT. I have highlighted the words that are important for you to learn.

I do need to learn it as unlike you I'm not full of it.

January 18th 2024 - its gonna happen.

I assume you've never been back since Marlon king have you?

Last edited:

Astute

Just like Wasps had got 100% of the stadium already?

I remember yesterday morning when Samo and I had a quick discussion on if the 50% was still available as just about everyone thought that it had all gone to wasps. It ended up being true. Or if you listened to Les Reid there was going to be up to 14 councilors voting against the deal. He was right if you count 0 as up to 14. Reliable Reid :p

The only ones that know what is going on are the ones involved in making the deal. Just like you tell us that you have a top job for a company negotiating deals.......and don't have a clue that they are going to be sponsoring Wasps. Yet someone on here told us about it a couple of months ago :pointlaugh:

Try doing what most of us do and work out what is going on from the bits that come out from those involved.

skybluetony176

I remember yesterday morning when Samo and I had a quick discussion on if the 50% was still available as just about everyone thought that it had all gone to wasps. It ended up being true. Or if you listened to Les Reid there was going to be up to 14 councilors voting against the deal. He was right if you count 0 as up to 14. Reliable Reid :p

The only ones that know what is going on are the ones involved in making the deal. Just like you tell us that you have a top job for a company negotiating deals.......and don't have a clue that they are going to be sponsoring Wasps. Yet someone on here told us about it a couple of months ago :pointlaugh:

Try doing what most of us do and work out what is going on from the bits that come out from those involved.

You forgot Grendulls fact that no one else is interested in buying the Ricoh yet here we are and when he told me that SISU deliberately lost the JR (presumably if they'd won they would have appealed that decision) to continue distressing ACL when not that many weeks later the club moved back and started paying rent again (presumably paying rent is a method of distressing us mere mortals don't understand).

Basically SISU have got it wrong at every stage and Grendull can't live with that.

Unless SISU make an attempt to purchase the Higgs share we will never no one way or the other what the truth is. As fans rather than speculating on why SISU can't do something we should be concentrating on what we expect SISU to do or at least stride to do. All Grendull is doing is letting them off the hook without knowing any facts.

martcov

Was it not Grendel who said the ACL talks with a possible sports tenant were equivalent to SISU's Stadium plans? If that is right, we're off on a bus ride to the country in the future to see CCFC.

Grendel

I assume that you'll know accept I was right (though in truth anyone with an IQ of one could work out what was going on)

Grendel

You forgot Grendulls fact that no one else is interested in buying the Ricoh yet here we are and when he told me that SISU deliberately lost the JR (presumably if they'd won they would have appealed that decision) to continue distressing ACL when not that many weeks later the club moved back and started paying rent again (presumably paying rent is a method of distressing us mere mortals don't understand).

Basically SISU have got it wrong at every stage and Grendull can't live with that.

Unless SISU make an attempt to purchase the Higgs share we will never no one way or the other what the truth is. As fans rather than speculating on why SISU can't do something we should be concentrating on what we expect SISU to do or at least stride to do. All Grendull is doing is letting them off the hook without knowing any facts.

Business expert hopeful on Cwr later to confirm the legal position.

PWKH bin on confirms wants wasps to buy - the plan is they have 100% ownership. I think,must check, he confirmed £2.7 million.

Confirms they want wasps due to regeneration opportunities.

Hope you and obtuse wipe that egg off your face before you go to work.

skybluetony176

Business expert hopeful on Cwr later to confirm the legal position.

PWKH bin on confirms wants wasps to buy - the plan is they have 100% ownership. I think,must check, he confirmed £2.7 million.

Confirms they want wasps due to regeneration opportunities.

Hope you and obtuse wipe that egg off your face before you go to work.

If all that actually happens I will. Just let me know when you've finished with the egg wiping cloth. The sooner you start using it the sooner the egg will be cleaned from your face.

Grendel

If all that actually happens I will. Just let me know when you've finished with the egg wiping cloth. The sooner you start using it the sooner the egg will be cleaned from your face.

The other odd thing wax you and Astute's indignation at the insulting offer for these shares due to the charitable nature - yet now not a squeak.

What a surprise.

martcov

The other odd thing wax you and Astute's indignation at the insulting offer for these shares due to the charitable nature - yet now not a squeak.

What a surprise.

were SISU interested in regenerating a part of Coventry through the share, or regenerating their investors investment?

skybluetony176

What a surprise.

It wasn't the £2m pound offer Joy made for the Higgs share I took issue with, that was for Higgs to decide if it was fair or not. It was the ridiculous counter claim that forced the Higgs/SISU case needlessly to Crown Court costing the Higgs considerably more in legal fees.

As you've found a new moral compassI aassume you won't be going anymore if SISU franchise us to South Birmingham in a half baked "Stadium" that has no chance of giving the club the 365day income SISU keep blabbing about.

Grendel

were SISU interested in regenerating a part of Coventry through the share, or regenerating their investors investment?

No they are a football club and shouldn't be involved in regeneration.

martcov

No they are a football club and shouldn't be involved in regeneration.

If their, SISU's, ( apparently ) non-existent business plan didn't include anything for the benefit of Coventry, then maybe Higgs couldn't justify a reduced price for the share. Perhaps Wasps have put forward a better case to Higgs ( and not sued them ).

Users who are viewing this thread