More CCC/Wasps/CCFC Angst (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Who on here has (since Wasps moved) openly said they like the move and have been to watch them? Without bringing everything back up, didn't some of the trust board say how much they enjoyed a Wasps match? 1 example...
Fuck me that was last year think it was one game. Last year I said you were alright

Nick

Administrator
Fuck me that was last year think it was one game. Last year I said you were alright

Shit judgement then ;) Always knew it!

I think to go to the press to make a point of saying how great it was is a bit of a statement whether it is 1 game or 10 games.

There are plenty on Twitter etc, granted not that many on here now.

italiahorse

Shit judgement then ;) Always knew it!

I think to go to the press to make a point of saying how great it was is a bit of a statement whether it is 1 game or 10 games.

There are plenty on Twitter etc, granted not that many on here now.

Can people not enjoy a game of rugger?

Nick

Administrator
Can people not enjoy a game of rugger?

People couldn't enjoy a game of football with the team they support, rather than a random team they have no link to...

The fact you can't see what you say half the time and how it looks is a bit worrying.

Skyblueweeman

Yes they wanted to be in West London but that was never going to be possible/affordable and the Ricoh came gift wrapped thanks to Sisu.

And it was the council who gift-wrapped it and put pretty yellow and black bows on it.

Couldn't they have looked and what the likes of Bristol councils involvement was in the Bristol City FC/Bristol Rugby partnership was like and tried to look at something similar with CCFC and Cov Rugby? That would've been a better solution for the city of Coventry to try and help the local teams up their respective pyramids, helping the cities identity instead of playing the hypocritical card and selling to a franchise from 100 miles away.

italiahorse

People couldn't enjoy a game of football with the team they support, rather than a random team they have no link to...

The fact you can't see what you say half the time and how it looks is a bit worrying.

In Northampton ?
Surely you know why most never went ?

Nick

Administrator
In Northampton ?
Surely you know why most never went ?

Did I say anything about knowing why people didn't go? I said people could just have enjoyed a game of football then, people got abused for saying that.

People are going to watch London Wasps in Coventry....

See how you make a statement, somebody then just points something out and you then move the goalposts to try and lead away to something else.

italiahorse

Did I say anything about knowing why people didn't go? I said people could just have enjoyed a game of football then, people got abused for saying that.

People are going to watch London Wasps in Coventry....

See how you make a statement, somebody then just points something out and you then move the goalposts to try and lead away to something else.

You bring something diverse up to justify your argument and then when I dispute it you say I've moved the goalposts.
Very confusing !!

Like here you bring up people being abused when it does not relate to me.
You mention people could not enjoy watching at Northampton ........... why couldn't they ?

torchomatic

it does relate to you. You "liked" their posts. Why would you do that if you didn't agree with what was being said?

Like here you bring up people being abused when it does not relate to me.
You mention people could not enjoy watching at Northampton ........... why couldn't they ?

italiahorse

And it was the council who gift-wrapped it and put pretty yellow and black bows on it.

Couldn't they have looked and what the likes of Bristol councils involvement was in the Bristol City FC/Bristol Rugby partnership was like and tried to look at something similar with CCFC and Cov Rugby? That would've been a better solution for the city of Coventry to try and help the local teams up their respective pyramids, helping the cities identity instead of playing the hypocritical card and selling to a franchise from 100 miles away.

CCFC were in Northampton and didn't want to pay the going rate to buy the stadium.
CRFC were quite happy at their Butts stadium and playing well.
Who should have paid to move both these teams to the Arena to help them?
I think CCFC were ever offered zero rent at one time but obviously that help would have stopped the Sisu plan dead in it's tracks.

How quickly people forget !!

italiahorse

it does relate to you. You "liked" their posts. Why would you do that if you didn't agree with what was being said?

Show me the posts rather than just hang on Nicks every word.

Sometimes I like peoples posts if they have made a reasoned argument.
I don't always agree with peoples match reports but I like them to acknowledge the time they have put into them, as I can't be bothered myself.

torchomatic

Oh that's fine then. You don't agree with everything you like you're just showing your appreciation as they've taken time to write something.

Weird, you obviously take time to write some of your posts but I doubt if I will ever like one as I disagree with almost everything you say.

Show me the posts rather than just hang on Nicks every word.

Sometimes I like peoples posts if they have made a reasoned argument.
I don't always agree with peoples match reports but I like them to acknowledge the time they have put into them, as I can't be bothered myself.

lewys33

CCFC were in Northampton and didn't want to pay the going rate to buy the stadium.
CRFC were quite happy at their Butts stadium and playing well.
Who should have paid to move both these teams to the Arena to help them?
I think CCFC were ever offered zero rent at one time but obviously that help would have stopped the Sisu plan dead in it's tracks.

How quickly people forget !!

Were you ever taught two wrongs don't make a right?

People don't forget. It's just easier for some people to stick to the morals they started with.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread