Monday Morning Stadium Poll (1 Viewer)

Where does the new Stadium need to be to confirm your attendance?

• It needs to be in Coventry!

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It needs to be within 1-3 miles of the Coventry border

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • It needs to be within 3-10 miles of the Coventry border

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don't care where it is, I will continue to support the team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care where it is, I will not attend the new stadium.

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lewys33

Morning all! Seeing as the FL have said they want answers from our owners (lets not laugh too hard at that one) and also seing as this has CLEARLY not been discussed enough - I felt a new poll was in order!

Plain and simple ......

Where does the New "Plan A - i's definitely happening" Stadium need to be to confirm your attendance?

PS - "The I told you we would do it Arena" does have a certain ring to it .........

letsallsingtogether

You forgot within Coventry without Sisu as owners.
That would have got my vote.

Morning all! Seeing as the FL have said they want answers from our owners (lets not laugh too hard at that one) and also seing as this has CLEARLY not been discussed enough - I felt a new poll was in order!

Plain and simple ......

Where does the New "Plan A - i's definitely happening" Stadium need to be to confirm your attendance?

PS - "The I told you we would do it Arena" does have a certain ring to it .........

letsallsingtogether

Wouldn't need too as there is one up for grabs within the boundaries could even be part owners if they wanted too.
Why would they spend 20-30 million on a new ground when they could have a 50% ownership of a cracking ground with world class facilities for 5 million?

You think new owners would still build a new stadium?

Nick

Administrator
IF they were to build on, I would have to see where it was exactly to be able to judge. It could be 7 miles but an easy route or it could be 7 miles of tailbacks down a single track road. I will judge that at the same time I judge which Ferrari to buy!

lewys33

IF they were to build on, I would have to see where it was exactly to be able to judge. It could be 7 miles but an easy route or it could be 7 miles of tailbacks down a single track road. I will judge that at the same time I judge which Ferrari to buy!

the red one ;)

Just to point out though, I would have thought as part of any planning permission these days it would HAVE to include infrastructure improvements to support a stadium irrespective of location.

The Gentleman

The F458 is the one to buy, beauty and speed combined. Just don't take up golf though!

Flying Fokker

I was going to put 1-3 miles from boundary. But I don't fancy travelling from Exhall to Baginton every game when sisu have gone. City or nothing for me.

edgy

So a few have voted "I don't care where it is, I will not attend the new stadium".

Anyone else find that a bit bizarre when you think about it?

Nick

Administrator
People did the same to get to the Ricoh though in all fairness.

Exactly, I can't moan about having to go right to the other side of the city as other people did when we were at the Ricoh. Baginton wouldn't bother me.

Flying Fokker

People did the same to get to the Ricoh though in all fairness.

2 1/2 Miles from me. 40 mins walk. I would be hard pushed to get the stadium nearer although there is Hawkesbury of course. Or Off Course?

Flying Fokker

This is all irrelevant unless we get these numb skulls thinking about their business model. They will have fewer fans on return to the city anyway.

1) Ageing demographics.
2) Not if Sisu are still in charge people.
3) Those who now have other pastimes.
4) Those who have had enough of the whole thing.

Sisu will take us in to oblivion. We need to be planning ahead and there may be a day when Coventry Sphinx play at the Ricoh. Coventry United may also be an option and would need to change the name for any phoenix club to emerge out of this rubbish.

lewys33

What concerns me is the club has not asked the question above (obviously without the I will not attend while sisu are owners option)

What good is it selecting sites without knowing what the fanbase will deem acceptable. A stadium forum group will not suffice.

chiefdave

More good news for SISU! They've already said the stadium won't be in the city and at the moment this poll shows nearly 85% of people saying they won't attend in those circumstances. Have they done even the slightest bit of market research into how many fans are going to turn up to this new stadium?

lewys33

So a few have voted "I don't care where it is, I will not attend the new stadium".

Anyone else find that a bit bizarre when you think about it?

Not really. Some hate our owners that much. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

lewys33

More good news for SISU! They've already said the stadium won't be in the city and at the moment this poll shows nearly 85% of people saying they won't attend in those circumstances. Have they done even the slightest bit of market research into how many fans are going to turn up to this new stadium?

Maybe they want that ............ maybe they want people to object a new stadium outside the city ........ maybe they will use this as a tactic elsewhere.

edgy

Not really. Some hate our owners that much. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I didn't say they wern't.

They are saying, they wouldn't attend a new stadium anywhere. Even in Coventry, even with possible success. That is bizarre in my eyes and shows just how blinded with hatred some have become. That's fine, hate the owners, but surely you can't completely rule out attending a stadium that might be built at a similar distance from the City Centre as the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator

They are saying, they wouldn't attend a new stadium anywhere. Even in Coventry, even with possible success. That is bizarre in my eyes and shows just how blinded with hatred some have become. That's fine, hate the owners, but surely you can't completely rule out attending a stadium that might be built at a similar distance from the City Centre as the Ricoh?

It would depend who we were playing wouldn't it?

I can understand people who won't go outside of the boundary, but to refuse to go at all?

skybluelee

The owners are irrelevant to me in terms of whether I attend matches, loads of clubs have shit owners, not just us. If we play in Coventry I attend. if we play outside of Coventry then it isn't my team and therefore I won't. It's that black and white.

lewys33

That is a fair point and believe me I am with you. I am just saying that there are some that will not attend Coventry matches again whilst SISU are in charge. Some people just blame SISU. Some people just blame ACL. They are of course a Minority. It is the joys of democracy.

I would however like to think that the true figure of 1 of these minorities is less than 30% as it currently is above.

skybluesam1987

It's not always about hatred. I will not support SISU by giving them my money not because I hate them but because I don't want to be associated with people who have such questionable morals.
I supported Coventry City Football Club for over 50 years. I could count the number of home matches I missed on the fingers of one hand for more than thirty of those years. I accepted some dubious things by our past owners and our present owners but once they took the club out of the city and I found out how they do 'business' that was enough for me.
I don't HATE but I do find them morally reprehensible. They have lied and cheated too many times now for me to allow myself to support them. I will always support the team but I will never put another penny into the pockets of SISU/OTIUM/ARVO.
It breaks my heart that I can't watch them play at home and it would break my heart even more if there was a new stadium within Coventry, but sometimes a principle is worth the self-sacrifice.

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It would depend who we were playing wouldn't it?

I can understand people who won't go outside of the boundary, but to refuse to go at all?

So if after circa 5 years of playing at Sixfields, a new stadium is opened in Cov, you'd expect Ricoh equivalent numbers to turn up?

SIR ERNIE

'The New Stadium'?

I find it utterly amazing that day after day there is discussion on here about 'The New Stadium'

Posters discuss its location and size and now there's a poll on where the fans want it to be.

SISU must be pissing themselves.

Don't you get it? SISU will NEVER build a new stadium. They never have intended to build a new stadium. They will never plan to build a new stadium.

IT'S A LIE. A CON.

FFS treat the lie with the contempt it deserves. Ignore it.

Last edited:

Grendel

So if after circa 5 years of playing at Sixfields, a new stadium is opened in Cov, you'd expect Ricoh equivalent numbers to turn up?

Brighton are the best supported team in the championship so I would say yes.

lewys33

'The New Stadium'?

I find it utterly amazing that day after day there is discussion on here about 'The New Stadium'

Posters discuss it as is location and size and now there's a poll on where the fans want it to be.

SISU must be pissing themselves.

Don't you get it? SISU will NEVER build a new stadium. They never have intended to build a new stadium. They will never plan to build a new stadium.

IT'S A LIE. A CON.

FFS treat the lie with the contempt it deserves. Ignore it.

So you took my post seriously?

I am just doing some market research for the club, free of charge of course ;)

edgy

It's not always about hatred. I will not support SISU by giving them my money not because I hate them but because I don't want to be associated with people who have such questionable morals.
I supported Coventry City Football Club for over 50 years. I could count the number of home matches I missed on the fingers of one hand for more than thirty of those years. I accepted some dubious things by our past owners and our present owners but once they took the club out of the city and I found out how they do 'business' that was enough for me.
I don't HATE but I do find them morally reprehensible. They have lied and cheated too many times now for me to allow myself to support them. I will always support the team but I will never put another penny into the pockets of SISU/OTIUM/ARVO.
It breaks my heart that I can't watch them play at home and it would break my heart even more if there was a new stadium within Coventry, but sometimes a principle is worth the self-sacrifice.

Why would it break your heart if there was a new stadium within Coventry? What attachment have you/we got with the Ricoh?

Edgy. I don't think its bizarre, its a reflection that the majority do not believe that SISU will ever build a stadium. I actually think we will get to the JR and if SISU loose CCFC will be no more so I didn't even bother to vote..............but for me any stadium would have to be in Coventry.

edgy

No, that's not what is being discussed here. The poll is hypothetical.

"IF" a new stadium is built....... etc etc.

standupforcity

Nothing to vote for here! To cast any kind of vote means being compromised and a victory for sisu...and that is not what we want to have happen.

Users who are viewing this thread