Momentum (1 Viewer)

phildownunder

Up until the current run City seemed unable to put together enough good performances to IMO, mount a serious bid for the "automatics".

This seems to have changed in the last few weeks and has been reflected in the results, and this builds on itself. Putting a run like this together must add that magic ingredient confidence, so important to footballers esp the younger ones.

Consistency is the key to success and for me that is the most encouraging aspect of this run. They are going to lose from time to time, but if they continue to maintain this level of performance and TM is able to keep this team together (or able to draft in good replacements if needed) they are a real chance for a top two spot.

I was one of those who would have been well satisfied to finish in the top half this season, but now anything short of a top 6 finish would be a huge let down - how things have changed in such a short space of time !

wingy

It almost becomes a self fulfilling prophecy
The psychological message to other teams is worth a one goal start.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Anyone worried bout fleck?

Club said tight hamstring hopefully precautionary leaving him out last night, club said he travelled.

Hopefully be fit for Saturday if not he'll have a 2 week break before next game v Sheff U.

No issues not risking him if it could aggravate the injury.

rupert_bear

No, not all. Has played well and will continue too but Bigirimana is a better player imo. Way back in our last promotion season 1967 Jimmy Hill brought in the underrated Brian Lewis out of the blue who took Ronnie Farmers spot, master stroke and we went up,

stupot07

No, not all. Has played well and will continue too but Bigirimana is a better player imo. Way back in our last promotion season 1967 Jimmy Hill brought in the underrated Brian Lewis out of the blue who took Ronnie Farmers spot, master stroke and we went up,

Bigi is better than fleck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think another indication of the momentum is that the TV pundits are talking about us in really positive terms (eg SSN last night) That gives the push to promotion a little more impetus.

We have gone from a team that it is news if we get a couple of wins in a row to one where people are going to be raising eyebrows if we lose. That in terms of CCFC is a big sea change in attitude.

Add to that the "that will be a very tough game" response from opposition teams who previously would have expected to take something from a game against us and yes we certainly have momentum.... need to feed it and keep it going

covcity4life

Up until the current run City seemed unable to put together enough good performances to IMO, mount a serious bid for the "automatics".

This seems to have changed in the last few weeks and has been reflected in the results, and this builds on itself. Putting a run like this together must add that magic ingredient confidence, so important to footballers esp the younger ones.

Consistency is the key to success and for me that is the most encouraging aspect of this run. They are going to lose from time to time, but if they continue to maintain this level of performance and TM is able to keep this team together (or able to draft in good replacements if needed) they are a real chance for a top two spot.

I was one of those who would have been well satisfied to finish in the top half this season, but now anything short of a top 6 finish would be a huge let down - how things have changed in such a short space of time !
nothing changed, you just didnt see what i did from the start

: )

phildownunder

I`m obviously not qualified to buy into the Bigi v Fleck comparison but I must respectfully disagree with you on the Lewis signing. We did sign him and then go up, can`t deny that, but it`s a bit of a leap to cite that as the reason we went up. For me this was not a particularly good piece of business. In the deal we got Lewis, an average performer at best and lost the services of Ray Pointer who may have been a real asset in those early days in Div one when we weren`t exactly well endowed with strikers, esp anyone with his pedigree.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
If we can keep it going till january and still be top 2 with a gap over 3rd and 4th then ill get excited they need to keep it going, they worked too hard to get to first not to let slip out there hands through december.

sky_blue_up_north

One thing I remember about Lewis was him been decked by a beaut of an uppercut from Ian St John!!!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I`m obviously not qualified to buy into the Bigi v Fleck comparison but I must respectfully disagree with you on the Lewis signing. We did sign him and then go up, can`t deny that, but it`s a bit of a leap to cite that as the reason we went up. For me this was not a particularly good piece of business. In the deal we got Lewis, an average performer at best and lost the services of Ray Pointer who may have been a real asset in those early days in Div one when we weren`t exactly well endowed with strikers, esp anyone with his pedigree.

Before my time as only 3 and 4 years old in that season. Great though to hear someone swapping opinions on a matter 48 years ago. I must admit never remember hearing anyone mention Lewis much in Coventry City folklore, but maybe he was a vital small piece in a jigsaw. No idea as too young.

PVA

It almost becomes a self fulfilling prophecy
The psychological message to other teams is worth a one goal start.

Agree, how many times in recent years have we gone into a game expecting defeat, sometimes a heavy defeat. How nice to have other teams approaching our matches with the same fear.

speedie87

I think it's important not to under estimate the power of having something to play for has on players. Too often mid table teams think it's not vital this week whereas when your at the top you think these 3 points are really going to matter

Users who are viewing this thread