Mogga got the tactics wrong today (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Picked the wrong players and tactics imo.

He doesn't normally get it wrong...but too much respect shown to both Walsall and Burton.

Evo1883

I would say that today had nothing to do with tactics being wrong , more to do with 1 awful error and another collective fuck up to concede the second .
Was a tight game as expected but we gave them the win , I don't think Mowbray had too much to do with the outcome besides picking the team which on the whole looked a decent selection

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Easy for is to say now, but is probably, apart from maybe Ruben, the team most would have called for, is it not?

Maybe changing the defence was a bit hasty as before Walsall he himself commented how it would be unfair to change it as the 4 defenders were doing alright, and after conceding 1 V Walsall, was it harsh?

Gazolba

Agree. Both teams had a game plan but ours went up in smoke after we gifted them a goal. It was always going to be an uphill struggle after that. We just don't have the impact players on the bench to recover from such calamities.

rupert_bear

Was there too many youngsters in ? Armstrong, Murphy, Maddison, Phillips and you can say Lamieras for a to of table clash when there was options for Hunt, O'Brien, Cole experienced heads !

Mcbean

I felt he should have started with JOB not Lamerias to get a goal - bought JOB off half time and put Cole on - Tudgay move didn't seem to work

SBAndy

We should have been looking to use the overlap more. Burton are a very compact unit. You need to try and spread their defence. But our wide players only ever had eyes to come into the centre of the pitch, where it was already congested enough.

torchomatic

O'brien should have started today.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Otis

Well yep, but we are not privy to what is going on, on the training ground.

I just wonder whether he is carrying a knock. Would most definitely been a better choice than Lameiras.

Hobo

He doesn't normally get it wrong...but too much respect shown to both Walsall and Burton.

I think you are under estimating the ability of Walsall and Burton in fairness. Burton matched us man for man today. We didn't play badly but they were the stronger side.

simonregis

He doesn't normally get it wrong...but too much respect shown to both
Walsall and Burton.

Agreed. I think playing two weak defending full backs with a centre back making his debut against the top team in the league was asking for trouble

SkyBlue_Bear83

We should have come at them like we did against the Gills.
Gillingham were so open that day in midfield and defence, could have driven a bus through their defence that day. Burton and Walsall were much more compact than Gills, not as easy as just saying go out there and destroy them.

eastwoodsdustman

I thought our full backs needed to be a bit braver on the ball today. Both Wingers has 3 markers as soon as they got the ball and so we needed the full backs to push on and get further forward to cause Burton some problems. They didn't and so we lacked any real penetration throughout the game.

skyblue1991

In hindsight yes O'Brien should've started.

I did call for Lamieres to start but it was the wrong game for him

Warwickhunt

TM has constantly told JOB to stay on the left side and he always wonders into the middle hence the goal that Walsall equalised with came from the slot he should have been covering! I think TM has lost patience with him and sees him as a bit part player, he did'nt make it off the bench against Burton. I would'nt be surprised if he moved before the window shuts:mad:

stupot07

TM has constantly told JOB to stay on the left side and he always wonders into the middle hence the goal that Walsall equalised with came from the slot he should have been covering! I think TM has lost patience with him and sees him as a bit part player, he did'nt make it off the bench against Burton. I would'nt be surprised if he moved before the window shuts:mad:

I think that's a bit harsh on JOB vs Walsall. Walsall played a narrow diamond, there was no wide player for the full backs to mark. Both Murphy and job were coming in off the ball go to help pick up the wider central diamond players, then shifting a across wide when the ball went out to the full backs. He'd done it all game, probably a tactic Mowbray had worked on and after 89 minutes of running his bollocks off just didn't have the legs to get back over in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

I think you are under estimating the ability of Walsall and Burton in fairness. Burton matched us man for man today. We didn't play badly but they were the stronger side.

Really good post this Hobo. Given everything that's happened in the past 10-15 years, being the 3rd-6th best team in the league is certainly not shameful.

Walsall have taken 4 points from us and although Burton don't have a standout team, they're bloody well organised and play to their strengths.

Both are better than us and the only team I see competing with them for the top 2 spots is probably Wigan.

I said before Tuesday that we needed 6 points to have a decent crack at the top 2. After just one point, I honestly cannot see Burton or Walsall dropping enough points, regardless of us getting them, to move us into to Autos.

I'm just hoping for a better run in than we've played in Dec/Jan and we're treated to a great day out at Wembley in May.

After all, it'll be better to do it via a win at Wembley right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

It would once we've won it. Ten times more exciting and much more money for the coffers too.

Pretty certain we'd get close to a full house if we got to the play-offs.

Users who are viewing this thread