Modric wants Chelsea switch (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

david-luiz-and-luka-modric-14357.jpg

Luka Modric has revealed that he does want to leave Tottenham and is keen on a move to Chelsea as he is happy in London.

Spurs have already rejected a £22million bid from Chelsea for their Croatian superstar, with manager Harry Redknapp insisting he does not want to sell.

Both Manchester United and Manchester City are also keeping tabs on the situation, but Modric has now said he would rather stay in London, although he does want to leave White Hart Lane.

"If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave," Modric is quoted by the Daily Mail.

"I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club.

"I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.

"I won't ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement that is satisfactory for everyone.

"Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League. I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family."

Professional

Modric said his desire for change was purely a professional one and reiterated his gratitude for Tottenham and their followers.

"I don't want to have an argument with Tottenham. The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move," he said.

"It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club."

CovScott88

He will be a terrific signing for Chelsea, just the type of creativity that they need. I have to say that I admire his professionalism aswell. Has said that he would be interested in the move, but that he wouldn't force the move or hand in a transfer request, which is very respectful to Spurs. Refreshing in todays game.

Covstu

i never understand buying players BEFORE you appoint a new manager!!! doesnt make sense!!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

In todays market he's worth alot more than £22 million.....if Liverpool paid £20 million for Jordan Henderson,then Luka Modric must be double that,he's quality.

Users who are viewing this thread