mo konjic or gary breen? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Neither - both very average.

Grendel

Grendal behave U silly mo was anything but average

As.a premier centre half he was very average. Defensively he was poor. Just because you can sing a silly song doesn't make him very good.

CovLis86

Grendel the year round spirit of christmas.
Big mo for me. He was solid as a rock and a spirited player. Havent seen a player since able to run through half a team.

Grendel

Grendel the year round spirit of christmas.
Big mo for me. He was solid as a rock and a spirited player. Havent seen a player since able to run through half a team.

He was a defender. His job was to defend. The last game at Highfield Road was a fitting epitaph to his defensive skills.

Colonel Mustard

Easy call - Breen was far superior to Konjic. The memory is getting a bit patchy now, but Breen may have been played out of position on many occasions, as well as being frozen out by Strachan for a period; but when he played at centre-half (perhaps on one particular side) he was as good as they came. In an era of fairly dodgy defenders (Shaw, Burrows, Williams, Busst etc), Breen and Nilsson were the standouts.

curlyc_

I think they'd have made a decent pairing at centre back. Be interested if anyone knows if they did play together and what our record was like.....

LastGarrison

Breen was by far the better player but Mo made up for it with determination and his passion for playing for the club.

Users who are viewing this thread