MK Ticket Pricing (1 Viewer)

Cranfield Sky Blue

I live in an MK postcode if I can help? My understanding is that there will be no more tickets after 7800 are sold. God knows why. Even their fans are baffled! Of course money talks and it may change in the next few days if the SBA get going as usual.

nunchuckas

Hausa gone to buy online and there are 12 areas. Anyone know which area relates to which block?

I got 'Area 2' I hope that isn't block 2, as I want to be behind the goal :/
The only 'Areas' it would let me proceed with were 2 and 3, and 3 isn't in their official away section. Which alludes to me that either the areas don't necessarily relate to blocks, or they've opened it up further around the side to block 3....

westofrayne

Hausa gone to buy online and there are 12 areas. Anyone know which area relates to which block?
Usual shambles with TM, not sure how you got the 12 areas, but it sounds about right, as far as I can see you can't select individual seats, just random TM generated placement. This was OK in the 90's but things have moved on from then. We should have info as to where the blocks are as at least we can decide on where we would like to site. TM are total wank

pusbccfc

nunchuckas

I've gone full detective mode, and logged into the MK Dons account I created years ago when we didn't have a ticket office, and loads of us went there.

In the home end, I can buy tickets in block 3...So fingers crossed Area 3 doesn't relate to block 3, and thus, my Area 2 tickets aren't in block 2, and are behind the bloody goal!!

westofrayne

I have tickets for areas 2,3 and 6 in my basket, they could be on the moon for all I know. Shocking form TM. At least when the club run the ticket sales there was seating displayed so you could select your area.

I need seat not to the aisle as my father is old and its easier for him to be next to a gangway.

Johnnythespider

I've just been on the " view from my seat" site and found this which is from one of the seats I've got Screenshot_20180112-094854.jpg

Alkhen

whats the likely hood there will be tickets available on Monday morning?

contemplating taking my son for his first Cov game. he is very nearly 6 so still a bit young. its gonna be rowdy and there is a good chance Cov will lose so am in two minds.

what do people recon, I'll go regardless but not sure if its wise to take him. Maybe a home game against someone terrible?!

Johnnythespider

contemplating taking my son for his first Cov game. he is very nearly 6 so still a bit young. its gonna be rowdy and there is a good chance Cov will lose so am in two minds.

what do people recon, I'll go regardless but not sure if its wise to take him. Maybe a home game against someone terrible?!
I don't think there will be a better game to introduce him to the sky blue army, better this than some crap game with a crap atmosphere and him telling you he doesn't want to go again. I don't think it will be rowdy in the sense of trouble, just a good atmosphere, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Alkhen

I don't think there will be a better game to introduce him to the sky blue army, better this than some crap game with a crap atmosphere and him telling you he doesn't want to go again. I don't think it will be rowdy in the sense of trouble, just a good atmosphere, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Yeah that was the main reason I thought it may be a good introduction. I dont think MK are established enough to cause trouble.
I very nearly took him to wembley with me and really regret not doing so.

I think I will take him, kids are a quid which is a bonus. i hope that we dont get smashed!

Last edited:

Brylowes

Are you going to the MK Dons game Bry?
I would like to, but won't feel let down if unable to get a ticket as I've only managed 1 home
And 3 away games so far 'so I'll hardly be hard done by if I miss out.
Last season was different, I'd done over 20 games home and away and a home game for me
Is a 340 mile round trip, so I would have been a bit jarred had I missed out, luckily a fellow
SBT member picked up on my desperation and saved the day :emoji_relaxed:

westofrayne

I would do it, It will be a great atmosphere, at least t start off, seats are great, yes he will have to stand on the seats to see unless you get front row, but it's all part of it these days. My son and daughter went home and away from 5 YO, they loved it, especially the away games.

Good luck.

ps1948

It has to be agreed by both clubs.
The below section is copied from the Football Supporters Federation site, it was published before Man Utd played Derby in the third round, and I guess that they probably know what the current rules are:-

"Last year, the FA changed the competition rules in the FA Cup to allow host clubs to charge whatever they pleased in FA Cup ties – previously ticket pricing had to be agreed by both clubs.

That minor change to the rules saw Reading fans charged £45 for their trip to Old Trafford and this time round it’s Derby County fans being stung for their third round visit to the 'Theatre of Dreams'."

That said, it seems Mk have priced the tickets for our game very sensibly, and the SBA will respond in great numbers....

Captain Dart

The below section is copied from the Football Supporters Federation site, it was published before Man Utd played Derby in the third round, and I guess that they probably know what the current rules are:-

"Last year, the FA changed the competition rules in the FA Cup to allow host clubs to charge whatever they pleased in FA Cup ties – previously ticket pricing had to be agreed by both clubs.

That minor change to the rules saw Reading fans charged £45 for their trip to Old Trafford and this time round it’s Derby County fans being stung for their third round visit to the 'Theatre of Dreams'."

That said, it seems Mk have priced the tickets for our game very sensibly, and the SBA will respond in great numbers....

I presume the FA insist same price applies to home & away fans in the cup for sure they could have charged the SBA a few quid more and still sold the full allocation, as for their home fans well it is debatable that they will even outnumber the away fans by many as their average gate is 8,906. Even if they are more numerous I doubt they'll make anything like the noise.

Travs

I was in MK this morning and there was a reasonable amount of alert as they are playing Winmbledon today. I understand the Wetherspoons were only serving plastic glasses in anticipation of "football hooligans", and obviously there's hardly a firm waiting for the opposition, but the authorities obviously aware that there's a couple of high profile matches coming up.

Also the train back up towards Cov/B'ham and beyond was full of QPR fans taking fackin' liberties all over the place...

Users who are viewing this thread