MK Dons Tickets 30/10/13 (1 Viewer)

swisstony

Oh you mean like all other clubs that havent boycotted our games !!!!!
Nobody gives a shit bar a few well meant posters on here !!

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd hope those boycotting Northampton because their team has been moved there against their will, would see fit to boycott this fixture too in a show of solidarity for such moves and their consequences.

Morally superior or what. Not going to Northampton. Other away games, I'll go to (including Northampton away in the cup) Them's my own made up rules (until I change them, and I can 'cos I'm over 18!)

stupot07

#hypocrites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Not morally superior, just hoping some solidarity might be better understood now.

Or we take 5,000 and we may as well roll over and let the football league do what they care, as why should anybody look after us? We're just one little club nobody cares about after all.

Expand the thought process ..... I (like many others) are not going to Northampton - and it is having a financial effect and making a statement. I'm going to a few away games, and if I'm going to MK Dons then I'm being a hypocrite? Last time I looked Wimbledon were alive and well and don't see themselves as MK reserves? What rules do you wish me to follow, and list all the teams I can and can't go to see.

stupot07

Do you not think that taking 5000 fans sends quite a powerful message to the football league ??

That we are quite happy to go and watch a team that was allowed to move permanently and refranchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

swisstony

Tell you what I won't go to mk.
I'll sit at home and type shit and argue with arseholes !!!
The trouble with our club ,we all talk a good game......

Sky Blue Harry H

Seriously Northern, without getting into an us and them camp mentality, whilst I can see the point you're making about MK, Wimbledon got off their backsides and reformed. It's what I'd want to do if City won't come home and were 'permanently decamped. I don't see how I'm hurting the cause taking the action I am. Still want to know if it's just MK on your radar, or are there any others (Rotherham moved for a bit?). Curious, not mischievous. PUSB

NorthernWisdom

There's a thread somewhere where I suggested other teams to boycott, I'll see if I can dig it out ;)

I am a firm believer however that football only works when we see it in a wider context than just our team however. Not limited to just CCFC fans of course, but it's just seeing our teams as the be-all and end-all that means the noise about the likes of Wimbledon, us... Brighton etc isn't as loud as it should be.

It's just looking for our (in the general sense) own club first that means the Premier League becomes so dominant, it forgets the essence of competition.

And I don't think endorsing the existence and permanence of MK ripping Wimbledon away serves any purpose other than to show each club lives by itself, when united they're stronger. Sure, Wimbledon reformed, but they lost their league place, they lost their location, they lost their club when they didn't have to.

So if you follow the argument that going to see us in Northampton condones moving a club, I don't see why that shouldn't be extended. Otherwise we're on our own, and our standing in football as a whole is nothing.

We're only important in the wider context of football as a whole, and the sooner we look after each other the better, the sooner we stand up for more than ourselves the better.

Because then we have the right to ask for help ourselves, otherwise it's an I'm Alright Jack mentality that forgets we are nothing without others. Loosen the chains, condone the MK move, and you make it easier for other clubs to follow that path. the sooner MK go bust, the better in stopping other clubs in the future from trying to do the same.

skybluebal

There's a thread somewhere where I suggested other teams to boycott, I'll see if I can dig it out ;)

I am a firm believer however that football only works when we see it in a wider context than just our team however. Not limited to just CCFC fans of course, but it's just seeing our teams as the be-all and end-all that means the noise about the likes of Wimbledon, us... Brighton etc isn't as loud as it should be.

It's just looking for our (in the general sense) own club first that means the Premier League becomes so dominant, it forgets the essence of competition.

And I don't think endorsing the existence and permanence of MK ripping Wimbledon away serves any purpose other than to show each club lives by itself, when united they're stronger. Sure, Wimbledon reformed, but they lost their league place, they lost their location, they lost their club when they didn't have to.

So if you follow the argument that going to see us in Northampton condones moving a club, I don't see why that shouldn't be extended. Otherwise we're on our own, and our standing in football as a whole is nothing.

We're only important in the wider context of football as a whole, and the sooner we look after each other the better, the sooner we stand up for more than ourselves the better.

Because then we have the right to ask for help ourselves, otherwise it's an I'm Alright Jack mentality that forgets we are nothing without others. Loosen the chains, condone the MK move, and you make it easier for other clubs to follow that path. the sooner MK go bust, the better in stopping other clubs in the future from trying to do the same.

Before we got into our current situation, I never gave other clubs with problems a second thought. That might sound terrible but thats probably the same for us all. When it impacts one directly, then you start to think about how other fans feel/felt. I understand the pain Wimbledon fans went through now. They had to start again and its taken 10 years to get to where they are now. By sending a message to owners that the fans won't tolerate this type of behaviour, only then will fans have more say in how their clubs are run. I will continue to go to as many away games as I can, but I wont be going to MK this time round, or to any other clubs who are treating their fans in the same way as the owners of CCFC are treating the Sky Blue fans right now - thats my personal position but I leave it up to everyone else to make their own decisions.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Before we got into our current situation, I never gave other clubs with problems a second thought. That might sound terrible but thats probably the same for us all. When it impacts one directly, then you start to think about how other fans feel/felt. I understand the pain Wimbledon fans went through now. They had to start again and its taken 10 years to get to where they are now. By sending a message to owners that the fans won't tolerate this type of behaviour, only then will fans have more say in how their clubs are run. I will continue to go to as many away games as I can, but I wont be going to MK this time round, or to any other clubs who are treating their fans in the same way as the owners of CCFC are treating the Sky Blue fans right now - thats my personal position but I leave it up to everyone else to make their own decisions.

Same as. I was one of the 5k last year and now I feel bad for going. The FL/FA have treated both Wimbledon and us like shite, and I feel I'd be tacitly approving their behaviour by going to MK Dons. Thousands no doubt disagree and I'll still hope you enjoy another great win there.

CJ_covblaze

I will never have a go at any City fan that goes to watch their team play at Sixfields, MK or any other ground. Each of us have the right to make our own decisions and the right to expect others to respect but not always agree with them.

There's been far too much infighting amongst City fans over the past few months as seen on this thread. Fans from both sides of the arguments have participated in the verbal scraps but neither of these two groups are at fault for the arguments. Fault lies at the feet of people in privileged positions that couldn't give a stuff about us as fans or people.

Now I won't go into who's at fault, that argument's for another day (there's fault from various parties). I just want to talk about what's happening. These people are responsible for my Grandad not being able to watch the team he's supported for more than three quarters of a century (he has a picture somewhere taken at HR in the 1930s of himself stood with Alf Wood and Clarrie Bourton). These people are responsible for my son of 14 months not having a local team to support. These people are responsible for moving a club away from where friends have had their remains scattered. These people are responsible for eradicating 130 years of history. These people are responsible for dividing the fanbase. These people are responsible for taking a massive sum of money out of the local economy along with putting dozens of local businesses and a large amount of jobs at risk.

Personally I can't bring myself to even acknowledge the 'home' games are happening. That's why I haven't been inside Sixfields or on the Hill. I look at the score but only as much as I would at any other football match happening on that day. I'm not happy/sad if we win lose or draw. I just feel nothing. What do I have to do to make myself interested? Put money on the City to win maybe? On Sunday I'm busy so I won't be watching on Sky. Quite frankly it's doubtful I would be watching if I wasn't. From talking to various people last night and throughout the season I know I'm not alone in how I'm feeling. However for the very reasons I detailed above I can not just stand by and let these people kill off my club without a fight. I feel like I'd be letting those listed above and everyone else in the same demographics down by doing so, hence my position at the Trust. The good feeling at the march shows what can happen when City fans comes together as one. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could all get along? Sorry this has gone hugely topic but I felt like I have to say it. Sick and tired of all the bickering on threads like this one (as I stated previously this bickering isn't your fault).

Back on topic now. I've been to MK once when they were at the NHS. Didn't feel right at all and vowed I'd never go there again. Last season in the FAC I can't be the only one that got slightly annoyed at the 'We are the Dons' banner MK put up right next to the Wimbledon end. When City are there I'll be in Bristol with the Wimbledon fans who I feel we should be playing. Rightly or wrongly it's my own personal little statement/protest regarding the situations at the clubs concerned. Doubtful many would be up for it but if you are DM me!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Re: my earlier posts on here - just want to say I wasn't having a spat with Northern, and having seen people's thoughts on here, I'm shifting my thoughts (slightly)CJ - fair play to you and Northern, fair play for having a reasoned discussion. GGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrr to anyone that's put us all here in the first place! PUSB

pusbccfc

What are the prices?

richtom

last season was brilliant and there 5000 fans there and no sisu songs that day,but now it different lets take over the ground and treat it like a home game. I remember when manu took over hfr in 93 {never ever seen this before} but we can do the same

torchomatic

Exactly. What hypocrites we all are. Boycott SISU FC in Northampton because they are making us a franchise club but sell-out our allocation and give our money to a team who did exactly the same. Senseless.

I'd hope those boycotting Northampton because their team has been moved there against their will, would see fit to boycott this fixture too in a show of solidarity for such moves and their consequences.

Baginton

Well done to those who hate everything about what Winkleman has done, uprooted a club 60 miles to get their league place, while at the same time let Wolverton Town, a club a few miles down the road, go bankrupt instead of buying them and going through the leagues the PROPER way like everyone else has had to do !

FRANCHISE, NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET.

hemelsky

The thread title threw me a bit - thought they had changed the date to midweek in October. The date is of course 30/11/2013, so even longer for us to debate whether we go or not;)

shmmeee

Bit late isn't it? Did AFC boycott MK Dons? No they didn't, so why should we?

shmmeee

Exactly. What hypocrites we all are. Boycott SISU FC in Northampton because they are making us a franchise club but sell-out our allocation and give our money to a team who did exactly the same. Senseless.

Who said I'm boycotting because they are making us a franchise team? What a silly brush to tar 90% of CCFC fans with.

torchomatic

Who said I'm boycotting because they are making us a franchise team? What a silly brush to tar 90% of CCFC fans with.

Thats rich coming from you.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

Last edited:

chiefdave

I can see peoples point but let's face it there's zero chance of MK Dons moving back to Wimbledon and the Wimbledon fans have moved on and started a new club. We still hold out hope that we'll move back to Coventry and those actively boycotting / supporting NOPM believe they are applying financial pressure more than they are taking a moral stance. After all even the AFC fans didn't boycot MK Dons and I'm fairly sure they won't expect us to.

After careful consideration, WISA has decided not to formally request a boycott of the fixture by Wimbledon supporters.

torchomatic

Ha, it’s wonderful reading the double-standards on this kind of thing. I remember when we were all going to boycott Northampton and anyone going was a scab. Next thing you know, people are standing watching for free on a hill as a form of protest. Remember the Trust “urging” away fans not to attend Sixfields? Those going in are still scabs though apparently.
Then we get people calling the team SISU Utd or Northampton Sky Blues, etc. because of SISUs actions in taking us out of the city. They shout “NoPM” at the hedge fund for doing what they’ve done. Yet, those same fans are going to MK Dons who are the shining example of Football Club Rustling the country has ever known. And how do they justify it? “Well, it was ages ago”, “I’m not going to buy a programme”, “Wimbledon don’t mind anymore”, etc etc
Does it matter how long ago it was? Surely, if it was wrong a decade ago then it’s still wrong now? Will we all be packing out Sixfields then in ten years time because “well, it was ages ago now, wasn’t it?”
And finally, Dave, we’re constantly being told by many on here that it’s “morally” wrong to be in Northampton, aren’t we?

I can see peoples point but let's face it there's zero chance of MK Dons moving back to Wimbledon and the Wimbledon fans have moved on and started a new club. We still hold out hope that we'll move back to Coventry and those actively boycotting / supporting NOPM believe they are applying financial pressure more than they are taking a moral stance. After all even the AFC fans didn't boycot MK Dons and I'm fairly sure they won't expect us to.

chiefdave

Ha, it’s wonderful reading the double-standards on this kind of thing. I remember when we were all going to boycott Northampton and anyone going was a scab. Next thing you know, people are standing watching for free on a hill as a form of protest. Remember the Trust “urging” away fans not to attend Sixfields? Those going in are still scabs though apparently.
Then we get people calling the team SISU Utd or Northampton Sky Blues, etc. because of SISUs actions in taking us out of the city. They shout “NoPM” at the hedge fund for doing what they’ve done. Yet, those same fans are going to MK Dons who are the shining example of Football Club Rustling the country has ever known. And how do they justify it? “Well, it was ages ago”, “I’m not going to buy a programme”, “Wimbledon don’t mind anymore”, etc etc
Does it matter how long ago it was? Surely, if it was wrong a decade ago then it’s still wrong now? Will we all be packing out Sixfields then in ten years time because “well, it was ages ago now, wasn’t it?”
And finally, Dave, we’re constantly being told by many on here that it’s “morally” wrong to be in Northampton, aren’t we?

Well actually I'm not going to MK Dons so you've got that wrong for a start but it's for people to make their own minds up what they do. I've never called anyone a scab for going to Northampton and I never will, don't personally feel I should go and I didn't go to MK last year and won't this year but that's my choice. Saying that I will not have a go at people who choose to go to MK especially when people are saying we should be protesting against Wimbledon being moved when they aren't even protesting themselves anymore!

Some people may not go to Northampton on moral grounds, personally I don't go, or indeed spend any money other than away matches, as I feel anything I spend is just prolonging the agony by providing turnover for SISU to run the club. I appreciate not everyone agrees with that and that's fine. The problem is with no clear direction on any campaign people make their own interpretations of things like NOPM. Anyone that tries to coordinate anything just seems to get stick so I think that's going to continue to be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread