Match Thread Mk dons match thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Good stuff, sounds like the teams gonna be hard working side this year defending from the front and if you get through midfield will crunch you.
A hard working side with a physical edge for a change, looking forward to 2 weeks time now

I think Kelly constantly shouting "Press" everytime the ball is in their half will have people running.

Marty

I thought Kelly was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Started the move which led to him winning the penalty. Grimmer impressed me too. Jury is still out on McDonald, looks a big unit but got out muscled by their 9 a couple of times and got caught under a few high balls.

No soft under belly to this squad. A lot of talkers and winners in the side. MK Dons were very poor tonight but I think we'll be top 7 next year.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I thought Kelly was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Started the move which led to him winning the penalty. Grimmer impressed me too. Jury is still out on McDonald, looks a big unit but got out muscled by their 9 a couple of times and got caught under a few high balls.

No soft under belly to this squad. A lot of talkers and winners in the side. MK Dons were very poor tonight but I think we'll be top 7 next year.

From what you saw and McDonald in particular do you still think we are lacking a commanding CB?

On a side note Bostwick that went from Peterborough to Lincoln yesterday could be the defensive signing of the season in the division!

Garryb80

From what you saw and McDonald in particular do you still think we are lacking a commanding CB?

On a side note Bostwick that went from Peterborough to Lincoln yesterday could be the defensive signing of the season in the division!
From the games i have seen McDonald he is easily our number 1 centre half. Last nights back four will be the starting one for me.

Marty

I imagine the team that started last night will be the first 11 against notts county except maybe the left wing.

Jury for me is still out on McDonald. He's a unit and seemed reasonably fast but positionally I thought he was poor on a few occasions.

Astute

Exactly what I have been hoping for with our new signings. A few previous captains, have won promotion before and not scared to put the boot in when needed. Can easily make other teams on edge.

Just one thing. Why is it when we play well the other side is shit but when our opponents play well we are shit?

Fair play to Robins and the lads. Sounds like they are a proper team and will look after each other. We have the bite we have been missing for years. Welcome back Doyle. Ignore what sw88 says about you ;)

stevefloyd

I think we could do with someone in the Jones role unless he improves under Robins he nearly always gets caught in possession and doesnt really create a lot and our strikers need providers if we are to get plenty of goals

win9nut

I think we could do with someone in the Jones role unless he improves under Robins he nearly always gets caught in possession and doesnt really create a lot and our strikers need providers if we are to get plenty of goals
...and I don't think K Thomas will last an entire season. Kept holding his foot last night...

Great_Expectations

Genuinely even more excited for this season now.

Every season I think we all experience that element of hope and positivity, but this year it is actually based on something.

Bring on August.

vow

Did Stokes play left-back or centre-back last night?

Nick

Administrator
Did Stokes play left-back or centre-back last night?
He was left back for about 60 minutes I think it was. Played well and worked well with dke talking to him through the game.

Also surprised it's "Chris's" when he goes up for header and not a traditional "stokesy's"

Nick

Administrator
Since when has one half of football been 60 mins long? Could have sworn he was subbed at HT! ;)
I think you are right actually, I'm not sure who I was thinking of on 60 minutes. I was too busy enjoying the randomest play list to notice!

Esoterica

I already knew Kelly was going to be my favourite player from the interview where Stokes tipped the water on his head. He and Doyle are gonna scare the shit out of most teams. Doyle's the gob shite wind up merchant but Kelly's got the heads of 3 of his ex's in the freezer. Gonna love having some backbone this year.

steve82

I already knew Kelly was going to be my favourite player from the interview where Stokes tipped the water on his head. He and Doyle are gonna scare the shit out of most teams. Doyle's the gob shite wind up merchant but Kelly's got the heads of 3 of his ex's in the freezer. Gonna love having some backbone this year.

I've been in envy of teams doing this to us for years, finally we can go and ruff teams up and win the battle in the middle.
I can accept defeat more if we've had a go at teams and genuinely lost for being second best rather then being rolled over.

Users who are viewing this thread