Mk dons banter (1 Viewer)

glancy89

Having seen the great news about smashing 6250 tickets sold i thought id check out their forum pages, stumbled across this gem :

"You have to understand this really is their cup final, i'm sure winkie is only too happy to take their cash! Of all the cov fans I know, not one has attended a 'home' game yet, so use games like this with the stadium we have! Anyway , wait until wolves arrive, and the upper tier open!!!"

I don't know whats more embarrassing them thinking our cup final is MK Dons away or the fact they are looking forward to a bigger support arriving from Wolves and outnumbering their fans :D

PUSB WOULD LOVE ANOTHER 3-2 WIN

Monners

They were also discussing the issue of our fans in their end, and how could we be distinguished from each other. Just count the number of toes that our fans have being the pithy comment from a couple (could work though having thought about it!) ;)

AndreasB

He is right though really isnt he - judging by all the knicker wetting hype and self congratulation on here you would think it were the biggest game of the season. Instead of a bog standard away game v another mid table team.

bigfatronssba

He is right though really isnt he - judging by all the knicker wetting hype and self congratulation on here you would think it were the biggest game of the season. Instead of a bog standard away game v another mid table team.

Surely it is the biggest game of the season? Its the game watched by most city fans anyway.

bigfatronssba

A league 1 game with 2k fans in a library shed of a ground in an irrelevant location isn't exactly what I would call a big game.

CCFC88

Tranmere on Saturday is equally is big.

Agree, win the next 2 home games and we can go into MK Dons with less fear of needing a result.

Im sure SP sees whatever the next game is as the biggest game of the season, I doubt MK will be at the forefront of his mind until after Tuesday

covcity4life

its not a big game at all,why has it been adopted as the "must see" game by away following? thats not a criticism jsut a genuine question

if we get 6pts from tranmere,rotheram and mk dons up next,id be happy with 6 pts

skybluelee

Hard to imagine why Coventry fans would be looking forward to an away game more than usual, isn't it? Anybody would have thought our owners had robbed us of any home games to attend or something.

covcity4life

Hard to imagine why Coventry fans would be looking forward to an away game more than usual, isn't it? Anybody would have thought our owners had robbed us of any home games to attend or something.

your deliberately missing his point.

he is asking why mk dons is being treated as bigger than other away games this season. why is it getting such a huge following?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Correct.

For the record, we've already had the "biggest" away game of the season.....at top of the table midlands rivals big club wolves......

...just cos lots of people are going, don't make it a big game.....its just a bog standard away game at a tin-pot franchise club with zero heritage or history....

big game....my arse!

Spagbol

Easy to get to, straight down m1 or a5. Relatively close, nice modern stadium, good memories of last season. And we have been starved of HOME games.

covcity4life

Easy to get to, straight down m1 or a5. Relatively close, nice modern stadium, good memories of last season. And we have been starved of HOME games.

wow....you just replied concisely, maturely and sensibly to my question, no swearing or sarcasm.

please post more.

Monners

Quite looking forward to taking family members and meeting up with friends I haven't seen for while, at a fan friendly ground in a location that is easy to get to. and is an affordable day out. This makes it a big game for me on a personal level. Sorry if this offends.

bigfatronssba

your deliberately missing his point.

he is asking why mk dons is being treated as bigger than other away games this season. why is it getting such a huge following?

Snowball effect.

Big crowd going (which we've had at all our Saturday away games this season) = more people want to go. Big allocation means the extra people can go = even more want to go as they don't want to miss out on being part of the big crowd.

Added in its easy to get to, nice ground, and lots of people like myself haven't been able to watch them so far this season.

bigfatronssba

Correct.

For the record, we've already had the "biggest" away game of the season.....at top of the table midlands rivals big club wolves......

...just cos lots of people are going, don't make it a big game.....its just a bog standard away game at a tin-pot franchise club with zero heritage or history....

big game....my arse!

Who cares about Wolves? Its nowhere near Northampton.

ccfctommy

Agree, win the next 2 home games and we can go into MK Dons with less fear of needing a result.

Im sure SP sees whatever the next game is as the biggest game of the season, I doubt MK will be at the forefront of his mind until after Tuesday

We playing Tuesday?

pusbccfc

Shame wolves will take more than us due to the top tier.

87mint

everything points towards this being a big away following - and now that it has become a 'thing' that this is a big away game, I think alot of Cov fans will have FOMO if they don't attend.

Ashdown1

Wolves play MK 7 games from the end of the season, although they will be pissed off with their last away game...........away at SISU Cobblers with a crap allocation of what ? 1500 ? They would have brought 6000+ to the Ricoh for that................ £££££................. and I don't doubt that with City still competing and the away following we could have seen over 25,000 for the match !

Joy Division

Although it seems like a long time ago now, my memories of playing Wolves at the Ricoh Arena was that although they did bring large followings they never sold out the entire away end. So with MK being further away from us they may still not bring as many as we will.

bigfatronssba

Although it seems like a long time ago now, my memories of playing Wolves at the Ricoh Arena was that although they did bring large followings they never sold out the entire away end. So with MK being further away from us they may still not bring as many as we will.

I think they did the year they went up. Them and Brum were our two home games in a row and I think both sold out.

olderskyblue

How many grounds in league 1 are capable of accommodating 6000 away fans?

pusbccfc

Notts County about 3500

Peterborough now without the terrace won't be able to accompany many more than 1500.

Joy Division

MK 6-9k
Preston 5k
Bradford (side stand) 4k
Sheff UTD top and bottom must be 5k
Wolves 4k
Walsall 3k
Vale 5k
Rotherham about 3k

Can't think of any more 3k+

Pretty sure away fans only get the bottom tier these days.

M&B Stand

Tranmere on Saturday is equally is big.

Bigger

For loads of reasons this is a huge fixture. After conceding in the 94th minute Sunday, if he can pick them up and we can win Saturday it'll be an excellent 4 points from 6 this week. If not, momentum will be lost and we'll become bogged down in mid table, further consolidating the 10 point deduction. Reminds me a bit of the scunny game last November at home, we should've won, lost and were always playing catch up.
Tranmere will be a test.

MK dons is next week, there's six points up for grabs before that.

The Reverend Skyblue

We must be the only club in the world where some of the fans are upset the club is taking 6500 fans to an away game.
I think I have read it all now, good god some people just can not be happy

Users who are viewing this thread