Match Thread MK Dons (A) 25th July (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Who cares mate, he's been and gone.

I hope we don't get a running commentary on the forum (not necessarily from you) about what he does in Lisbon. He was brilliant for us and helped set up the club financially for a while.

But it's time to move on. He's yesterdays news.

Bigi was the best (worst) example of this

Skyblueweeman

Bigi was the best (worst) example of this

Good spreadsheet filtering.

But yeah, good example to be fair. That fella was obviously bored one night.

It's always been the same though and I just don't get it - don't consume yourself with previous lovers - wine, dine, cuddle, support your new lot.

Deity

While I agree re. his pace his movement off ball is superb, keep hearing he if off to pastures new and Robins is actively looking for another striker but keeping Godden in the squad doesn’t bother me at all coming on for the last quarter of a game
I hope he gets 40 more 15% of a 30million profit should fund us another couple of good players.
I think Goddens movement is best utilised when we have proper attacking width. He can’t run the channels for through balls but he can move well in the box to be available for a cross.

Alkhen

Seen a few clips of Tats now and he does that dummy to cross trick a fair bit...I'd be very curious to see how he gets on once he's more well known.

No negative digs here...just interested to see what he can do when the defender doesn't fall for it

Okay it does sound fairly negative but its not
Having the ability to do stuff like that is enough, it puts doubt in the defenders minds that you can go either way in a split second.

and even if he gets a rep its not necessarily a bad thing, teams will put people on him which will free up space for other players.

vin10

Having the ability to do stuff like that is enough, it puts doubt in the defenders minds that you can go either way in a split second.

and even if he gets a rep its not necessarily a bad thing, teams will put people on him which will free up space for other players.
Carl baker used to do it all the time..just a knack of leaving it till last second when defender makes a move.....I couldn't do it but must be a knack

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

On a different note did anybody watch and see the two falcons I think they were chase and capture that poor old pigeon for their supper inside the stadium early in the first half, nature at its best unless you were the pigeon.
I did find this quite distracting to be honest. Any idea what kind of falcon they were?

fernandopartridge

I saw some criticism of Godden for being "caught when 5 yards ahead of the defender". I'm not one to defend Godden and criticised him last season but the criticism levelled yesterday was nonsense. The ball was bouncing around and he had to check to get it under control, he still managed to get a shot away.

Esoterica

I saw some criticism of Godden for being "caught when 5 yards ahead of the defender". I'm not one to defend Godden and criticised him last season but the criticism levelled yesterday was nonsense. The ball was bouncing around and he had to check to get it under control, he still managed to get a shot away.
I actually think Godden could have his best season in the Championship for us. Playing in a pair with Simms, with wingbacks who can deliver dangerous balls into the box, in a team that will look to keep more possession of the ball than most of last season - Robins should be able to afford him the 'luxury' of allowing him to do what he does best.

Hobo

My assessment of yesterday. After giving them a goal start after just a minute our pass and movement was superb, can’t remember Dons having another worth while attack first half to be honest. It continued that way most of the second half even when the kids came on but obviously the match lacked the nitty-gritty of a championship game after watching the last two games not sure of our best line up but with more to come in I’m confident we will be okay.
True. But Dons are.known to have zip going forward. So it was just a minutes in legs session.

rexo87

Collins much more confident with his feet than Wilson and seems like a bit of a sweeper keeper.

Can't judge centre backs as no defending to do but both new ones looked very comfortable.

Bidwell was good, Eccles poor at RWB. Looked loads better when he moved into CM.

Hamer grew into the game and some of his passing was incredible. Sheaf ok but not at his best I didn't think.

Thought Palmer had a frustrating game. Not much came off for him but a nice finish.

Simms made good runs and will score plenty. Can't even be compared to Vik as he's completely different. Godden looked sharp, looks in a lot better shape than towards end of last season.

Saka very exciting and Obikwu looks good. Encouraging performance really but MK were absolutely shocking

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I actually think Godden could have his best season in the Championship for us. Playing in a pair with Simms, with wingbacks who can deliver dangerous balls into the box, in a team that will look to keep more possession of the ball than most of last season - Robins should be able to afford him the 'luxury' of allowing him to do what he does best.

Agreed, he's had efforts on target from inside the penalty area in all of the friendlies so far, i think it is showing tentatively what you're suggesting

Esoterica

Agreed, he's had efforts on target from inside the penalty area in all of the friendlies so far, i think it is showing tentatively what you're suggesting
Perhaps just a little out of form at the moment and compounded by his penalty miss - could do with a goal or 2 at Exeter for his confidence. Then needs to stay injury free, of course! :D

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

Anyone who has been to a few games have we had any songs for the new lads yet or is it still up for grabs?

slowpoke

Seen enough Tuesday to indicate to me despite losing Gyokeres we are going to be an improvement on last season our pass and movement is quality the one clear issue from last season was lack of squad depth with more new players yet to come in that will be resolved, Rome wasn’t built in a day but I’m very confident for the season ahead.

AOM

Anyone who has been to a few games have we had any songs for the new lads yet or is it still up for grabs?

The Shrewsbury game was pretty miserable, but the main chant was for Hamer and Marosi also got one.
I'm hoping we can get the below going:

Whoa, we're half way there
Whoa oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear

Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-diare
Premier League, we'll make it, I swear
Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-diare

and

Going loco, Tatsu Sakamoto
We hope he stays so long
Yes, you'll be going loco Tatsu Sakamoto
The magic down the wings strong

Both credit: @rob9872
A modern day Louis Walsh

rob9872

The Shrewsbury game was pretty miserable, but the main chant was for Hamer and Marosi also got one.

Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-diare
Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-diare

and

We hope he stays so long

A modern day Louis Walsh
They tried to get that youtube Sakamoto song at MK going but hardly anyone knew the words and I'm mot sure it's really one for the song book of the pissed and coked up SBA.

The only other games was FGR, where Craig Danny tried to get the Craig Danny chant going. He's like our very own Ronnie Pickering.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

DazzleTommyDazzle

Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-diare
Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-diare

and

We hope he stays so long

A modern day Louis Walsh
"Almost there" rather than "half way there"?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Seen enough Tuesday to indicate to me despite losing Gyokeres we are going to be an improvement on last season our pass and movement is quality the one clear issue from last season was lack of squad depth with more new players yet to come in that will be resolved, Rome wasn’t built in a day but I’m very confident for the season ahead.

Yes, Rome wasn't built in a day. But ours has taken over 20 years. 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread