Missing games whilst on holiday (1 Viewer)

OldBedrocker

I’m in Sharm. Shame it’s over 100km away, would’ve suggested meeting for a beer to watch the game 😂 enjoy the blistering sunshine! 🔥
Absolutely. Went Valley of the Kings yesterday myself and Bedrocker Junior flying the flag in city shirts. None of the locals had ever heard of us 😞

rob9872

When you say gran canrie, do you mean Gran Canaria? if so where are you staying. I live here and can always get the games on :)
Lol been there last two weeks back today from Playa del Ingles. Going back in Feb

rob9872

I'd make you cringe massively in that case!! Wear all 3 kits from last season plus jy 1987 retro top.
Out of curiosity, why does it make you cringe?
Me too, in fact take about 10 shirts and wear nothing but them every day. Always put a smart shirt and tailored shorts for a meal at night but footie shirts all the way in the day. I like to see others too from other clubs. Not sure why it upsets some but they do like to feel superior.

rob9872

I'm trying my luck in a sports bar in gran canries they have about 20 screens inside I managed to watch cov v Boro but that game was scheduled on sky. So I'm hoping they can put it on one TV on Ifollow
If you're in PDI then we used Irish tavern. Ours won't be the main game but the lady in there put ours on a separate screen inside. WS going to be without commentary but as we used it loads and were first in she kept ours on (unless it clashes with Celtic). 2 beers for 5 euros too 😀🍺🍺

CCFC86

A blues fan wouldn't put the cov game on for me his excuse was he had advertised 4 games his wife told me inside the bar we can play the game on this extra screen he said no 🤣 me and my lad had our city tops on he said he was playing the Birmingham game. She tried asking him but he wouldn't budge onto another place

clint van damme

Always makes me cringe when grown men go on holiday and wear their nylon replica football shirts. Watch out bars of the strip, Keith from Wednesbury has got his West Brom third strip on again.

Haha! Never done it but am going away in January and am considering getting a replica shirt.
What has happened to me?!

pipkin73

A blues fan wouldn't put the cov game on for me his excuse was he had advertised 4 games his wife told me inside the bar we can play the game on this extra screen he said no 🤣 me and my lad had our city tops on he said he was playing the Birmingham game. She tried asking him but he wouldn't budge onto another place
Where in GC are you? I'm in Puerto Rico

pipkin73

Never heard of it lol and I've only lived here 18 years 🤣 did you manage to get the game somewhere?

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Corralejo. So you are in Fuerteventura. If I had seen this earlier, a bar in Caleta de Fuste shows every Cov game. Caleta is about 45mins drive south of Corralejo. The next town south of the airport. Tomorrow (Sunday) Personally I will be in Corralejo at the Campanario shopping centre, until 2pm, if you fancy popping by for a city chat. I am a market trader and will be set up next to the Farmacia.

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I'd make you cringe massively in that case!! Wear all 3 kits from last season plus jy 1987 retro top.
Out of curiosity, why does it make you cringe?

because it’s something I’d expect a child to do, not a grown man. Same with adults wearing players names and numbers on the back of shirts. It’s just tacky yer da behaviour.

rob9872

because it’s something I’d expect a child to do, not a grown man. Same with adults wearing players names and numbers on the back of shirts. It’s just tacky yer da behaviour.
You sound fun. Imagine being upset by someone else's clothes. Could you post a list of what's acceptable and I'll try to stick to it next year 👍

Oh and I've got news for you, there a thousand crimes far worse that adults do.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You sound fun. Imagine being upset by someone else's clothes. Could you post a list of what's acceptable and I'll try to stick to it next year 👍

Oh and I've got news for you, they’re a thousand crimes far worse that adults do.

No problem; try your best:

1) stop sexually assaulting children
2) grow up and wear adult clothes not replica shirts

I was eleven in 87

I'm on our "familymoon" in Cape Verde with the Mrs and 5 kids in tow. The 2 older lads and myself got to see the Boro game crowded around a laptop via the sky sports app (using a VPN) but worrying about the Swansea game.....anyone got any suggestions on how we get around this??

Also.....massively surprised how many Cov fans are here at our hotel in Boa Vista! Been here a week and we've met 8 different Cov fans.....all proudly wearing our tops. Also seen a Boro fan the other day....took the banter very well

I was in Boa Vista a few weeks back with my wife and Terry Angus came to our table whilst we were eating to say hello just because I was wearing a Cov top.
What a thoroughly nice bloke he was too.

Grendel

No problem; try your best:

1) stop sexually assaulting children
2) grow up and wear adult clothes not replica shirts

Stopped overnight in Swansea then? When’s the flight back to Amsterdam?

Users who are viewing this thread