Missing games whilst on holiday (1 Viewer)

Skybluecol

I'm on our "familymoon" in Cape Verde with the Mrs and 5 kids in tow. The 2 older lads and myself got to see the Boro game crowded around a laptop via the sky sports app (using a VPN) but worrying about the Swansea game.....anyone got any suggestions on how we get around this??

Also.....massively surprised how many Cov fans are here at our hotel in Boa Vista! Been here a week and we've met 8 different Cov fans.....all proudly wearing our tops. Also seen a Boro fan the other day....took the banter very well

skybluepm2

I'm on our "familymoon" in Cape Verde with the Mrs and 5 kids in tow. The 2 older lads and myself got to see the Boro game crowded around a laptop via the sky sports app (using a VPN) but worrying about the Swansea game.....anyone got any suggestions on how we get around this??

Also.....massively surprised how many Cov fans are here at our hotel in Boa Vista! Been here a week and we've met 8 different Cov fans.....all proudly wearing our tops. Also seen a Boro fan the other day....took the banter very well

I’m in Egypt at the moment so missing the Swansea away game. Checked the club website this morning and it said Video Pass available, so I won’t have to try and trick iFollow by using a VPN. I’d have thought that as you’re in the same continent, you should have the same option. Will probably just watch on my phone. Ideal as it kicks off at 5 over here too. Enjoy your holiday Sir 😎

Flying Fokker

That’s an impressive number of City fans.

Skybluecol

I’m in Egypt at the moment so missing the Swansea away game. Checked the club website this morning and it said Video Pass available, so I won’t have to try and trick iFollow by using a VPN. I’d have thought that as you’re in the same continent, you should have the same option. Will probably just watch on my phone. Ideal as it kicks off at 5 over here too. Enjoy your holiday Sir 😎
17yr old gonna get a beating in that case as he's made me panic by saying it wasn't on ifollow abroad for where we are!!!
Stress now removed......Mrs annoyance of me moaning about this subject will disappear 👍🏻
I will have great holiday thanku and same to you @skybluepm2

JulianDarbyFTW

I know this has been asked before, but what VPN do people use? Are there reliable free ones, or do people pay? How do you know it has worked (I'm guessing you see the video pass option, but when I was abroad for the first game I didn't see it)?

Happy_Martian

Yep same it’s on IFollow and as not in uk you can watch it on phone or internet tablet.

I'm only seeing an audio pass but I'm sat in Coventry. Does the IFollow system recognise overseas IPs ?

CovInEssex

I know this has been asked before, but what VPN do people use? Are there reliable free ones, or do people pay? How do you know it has worked (I'm guessing you see the video pass option, but when I was abroad for the first game I didn't see it)?
You can pay of course but i've always used Proton VPN (free) and it's worked as well as a paid one.

I'm only seeing an audio pass but I'm sat in Coventry. Does the IFollow system recognise overseas IPs ?

Correct. If you were sat in another country or using a VPN you'd see more options.

shmmeee

17yr old gonna get a beating in that case as he's made me panic by saying it wasn't on ifollow abroad for where we are!!!
Stress now removed......Mrs annoyance of me moaning about this subject will disappear 👍🏻
I will have great holiday thanku and same to you @skybluepm2

Yeah if you want to be sure. Get online where you are and log into iFollow and see if you can buy the game.

Happy_Martian

You can pay of course but i've always used Proton VPN (free) and it's worked as well as a paid one.

Correct. If you were sat in another country or using a VPN you'd see more options.

Thanks. Have finally got around to sending a request for help to iFollow. Surprising they don't do exceptions to the UK blockade for health reasons.

Bad Boy

Funny how people like to tell you they're on holiday in Cape Verde, Egypt, Dubai, Florida, Thailand, Bali, Vietnam, NZ, Australia etc etc and unable to watch the match but no one tells you they're in Ryhl, South Shields or Clacton with a shit mobile signal innit!

Not sexy enough eh.

ceetee

Funny how people like to tell you they're on holiday in Cape Verde, Egypt, Dubai, Florida, Thailand, Bali, Vietnam, NZ, Australia etc etc and unable to watch the match but no one tells you they're in Ryhl, South Shields or Clacton with a shit mobile signal innit!

Not sexy enough eh.
OK then. I'll be in the Wetherspoons hotel in Henley on Thames for the Huddersfield game. Only booked yesterday and they moved the fixture today

rob9872

Land at Brum from Gran Canaria at 2am tomorrow will be home closer to 4. Might be 3 empty seats at Swansea tomorrow, see how I feel to drive but thinking ifollow now as done the ground last couple of seasons so less bothered.

PurpleBin

Had to watch the play off first legs in Majorca. 1st leg, found a bar. 2nd leg, no chance with City v Madrid the same night.

Got a Spanish DAZN subscription which worked fine.

blunted

I have French ancestry so go away in August and don't work that month. On reflection, I do F**k All the rest of the time. Always bought a season ticket, never bothers me I miss August matches and historically half-term, Easter and Christmas. Of course in the old days there was never a stream and bitten fingernails on teletext (remember that!).

ovduk78

Not sexy enough eh.
We'll be on holiday in Lincolnshire from next Friday & I am heading over to Coventry with our son for the Sunderland game so being on holiday is giving us a chance to watch us play.

fernandopartridge

I'm in Malta at the minute so I'll try and watch Saturday's game on my phone. Still here for the Sunderland game so will seek out a little bar for that one hopefully.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

HerneBayGaz

Not sexy enough eh.
Or even worse Herne Bay 🤣

Johhny Blue

I have French ancestry so go away in August and don't work that month. On reflection, I do F**k All the rest of the time. Always bought a season ticket, never bothers me I miss August matches and historically half-term, Easter and Christmas. Of course in the old days there was never a stream and bitten fingernails on teletext (remember that!).
“I have French ancestry so go away in August”
WTF does that even mean?

Bad Boy

OK then. I'll be in the Wetherspoons hotel in Henley on Thames for the Huddersfield game. Only booked yesterday and they moved the fixture today
Don't forget to sing our version of the Eton Boating Song whilst you're there then. The local toffs should be able to recognise the tune and hum along.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Always makes me cringe when grown men go on holiday and wear their nylon replica football shirts. Watch out bars of the strip, Keith from Wednesbury has got his West Brom third strip on again.

CCFC86

I'm trying my luck in a sports bar in gran canries they have about 20 screens inside I managed to watch cov v Boro but that game was scheduled on sky. So I'm hoping they can put it on one TV on Ifollow

pipkin73

I'm trying my luck in a sports bar in gran canries they have about 20 screens inside I managed to watch cov v Boro but that game was scheduled on sky. So I'm hoping they can put it on one TV on Ifollow
When you say gran canrie, do you mean Gran Canaria? if so where are you staying. I live here and can always get the games on :)

OldBedrocker

Me too in Hurghada

Astute

I'm not on holiday but kind of stranded abroad. Been in France since March. I applied for my residency in May. We then moved house 20 minutes away. Went for my appointment last week to find out that as we're in a different district they couldn't finish off my application and I have to start all again 😳 If I came to the UK I would be stopped for being an overstayer.

Have been learning about ifollow since I have been here. Game on Sky? Can't watch it abroad in most countries...not even on ifollow. They sell the rights to the games they have on. But I set my VPN to Italy because it still works. Don't think Sky has a deal inside Italy.

If not on Sky you can watch it abroad on ifollow. Just remember to switch your VPN off.

Users who are viewing this thread