Mirror Article (1 Viewer)

procdoc

This is my favourite part;

But it's way better than it was.

An experienced, hard-working, successful manager with a support team developing and playing attractive football with a core of young players brought in by a recruitment team that keeps finding unpolished gems. What is there not to like?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Lovely stuff, not been many (positive) articles about us in the papers for years. Shows some are noticing that we’re going in the right direction.

AOM

Nice that all the hard work behind the club is being recognised and gives a positive image for once.

Wonder if there are any Barca players out there who read the Mirror who could be tempted?

hamil99

Facebook User
Have to say for The Mirror, an excellent read. Seems the guy actually did some good research, makes a bloody change with some of the dross you read about us.

SBT

Bit weird given that we usually moan about the CET, but are suddenly gushing over a Trinity Mirror article with all the same problems (unreadable website, spelling errors, no original reporting) just because it's nice about us. But anyway. I promise it makes me happy too.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Bit weird given that we usually moan about the CET, but are suddenly gushing over a Trinity Mirror article with all the same problems (unreadable website, spelling errors, no original reporting) just because it's nice about us. But anyway. I promise it makes me happy too.
I guess it’s the content rather than the delivery people approve of. The Mirror (group) have always been a bit naff IMO, regardless of your political persuasion.

SBT

I guess it’s the content rather than the delivery people approve of. The Mirror (group) have always been a bit naff IMO, regardless of your political persuasion.

Sure... but for me, at least, just because it's a positive article doesn't make it a good one. I don't get why this article is supposedly so well-researched for example, anyone with access to our Wikipedia page could have written it.

You can also question whether we really deserve a glowing write-up about being the pride of the Midlands when we've got no stadium, one win in five, and most of our neighbours in a division above. But I really should just try to enjoy this.

Voice_of_Reason

Pretty complimentary about SISU too. Good relationship between MR the owners who let him manage, have backed him, and trust him. For the past three years I cannot fault SISU as owners. We can't live in the past, it's gone, but the future under MR and SISU looks much brighter.

Sky Blue Pete

Pretty complimentary about SISU too. Good relationship between MR the owners who let him manage, have backed him, and trust him. For the past three years I cannot fault SISU as owners. We can't live in the past, it's gone, but the future under MR and SISU looks much brighter.
Only if we get back in coventry for me

SBT

Just re-upping this great article from Thursday because as we all know, we are a team on the up.

Sbarcher

Sounds like the type of article our friend who writes the TLS (I think that was the name) would write!

Users who are viewing this thread