Mirror Article - Most misery since 1992 (1 Viewer)

smouch1975

So we can conclude Coventry council/CET read and respond to the 'mirror' .

Stop the press!

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

How the hell are we behind Portsmouth? They've only had one more relegation than us and have had an FA Cup win, another FA Cup final, European football (including playing AC Milan at Fratton) and ownership has been handed to the fans with the help of a huge taxpayer loan.

As for Wimbledon I don't think they can really say they don't exist. You either say they moved to MK, who have of course been promoted. Or you say they are a new team in which case they have got themselves into the FL and are moving forward with a new ground.

Robbed - typically city, can't even win this.

I agree with being above Pompey. You as well as I do know all about them being South Coasters but I tend to agree with Wimbledon. The original club is no longer, despite either of it's two re-incarnations. I'd be happy to take 2nd to them.

Still can't see how Pompey are above us!

Oh...and it defo did said ACL were the Misery Figurehead when it was released earlier. Very weird that it's now changed to SISU (and for the record, I think they both should be on there...)

Calista

Maybe a march to the Mirror’s HQ is called for? Questions in Parliament?

Pompey and Wimbledon fans have had as much despair as us, but it’s quite obvious they’ve also had loads more to cheer than we have. We’ve worked bloody hard for this title for at least a quarter of a century, and we can’t just let them take it away from us without a fight :)

Captain Dart

pusbccfc

Genuinely is a joke that we haven't finished top of that.

Portsmouth have had fuck all to deal with compared to us. Especially when they are likely to be in the play offs this season ffs.

davebart

Sneaky contender? What does that mean?

Most Wimbledon fans were involved with the set up of AFC Wimbledon. They were taking 1000 supportes to games in tier 9. They are now in tier 2. That is 7 promotions. They might have been upset at Wimbledon FC going but the 'Crazy Gang' was long gone (and is irrelevant) and they've had an awful lot of pleasure since then.

As for Portsmouth. Winning the FA cup and still in the top 2?

Just demonstrates what morons Journalists are.

pusbccfc

I actually would take AFC Wimbledon's position right now. On the up, building a good club with a brand new stadium on the way.

They have had many fun years too, walking leagues, play off trip, promotions etc.

Calista

Captain Dart

Are you syaing that McCartney's CT article mentioned SISU? The link above doesn't include the "Misery Figurehead" at all now.

It did say SISU & not as former owners. I'll get my tin hat now, or the beams are gonna get me!

PS Notice it says "Updated 13:09, 31 Mar 2016"

oucho

Pompey won the FA Cup, then got to another final on top of that. That's four Wembley appearances including three wins. Also the promotion to the Prem and several good years up there.

Wimbledon - agree if we're talking about the old Wimbledon FC. Not that they count, but MK Dons had two subsequent promotions and are in the Champ. More relevant, AFC Wimbledon have had several promotions and are finally on the way back to Plough Lane.

In both cases, (Pompey and AFCW), there has been good to at least partly offset the the bad. In our case, it's just bad.

ccfcway

Misery figurehead: Former owners SISU who were responsible for the stadium debacle

"former"

what have I missed ?

Otis

Well the end of the season is around the 7th May isn't it, so from there until the start of July, probably.

stupot07

It should read Richardson et al,Sisu, ACL, CCC, Highs Charity and Wasps that are all responsible for the stadium debacle....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluelee

Pompey won the FA Cup, then got to another final on top of that. That's four Wembley appearances including three wins. Also the promotion to the Prem and several good years up there.

I don't think even Pompey fans would agree they deserve to be ahead of us in this poll.

oucho

Newcastle got relegated once but promoted immediately. If I remember rightly, they also won the Championship in 1992/93. That plus two second place in the Prem (96 and 97), two cup finals (98 and 99), and some top r finishes under Robson, played Champs League, and finsihed 6th under Pardew to qualify fr Europa...no way is that worse than being a Cov fan.

Wimbledon's demise was a disgrace and very painful but they hadn't been a top flight club for 37 years like us - they were a non-league team anyway until the mid-1970s.

Pompey as mentioned above had success and also were a lower league team for most of the time since 1992 and since 1967...we were used to top flight presence and have had an unremitted downward trend since 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread