Mirror Article - Most misery since 1992 (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

We should win this hands down

joemercersaces

Plus we need to throw in the stadium fiasco, and the train station! I think we should be in a Champions League all on our own.

Wancar

Pretty sad when all we have to look forward to is being top of the loser league...top is top i suppose...LOL

chiefdave

Plus we need to throw in the stadium fiasco, and the train station! I think we should be in a Champions League all on our own.

And the only club to come out of administration in as bad a state as when we went in! Plus all the 'we don't know where the golden share is' and 'who owns the players' rubbish we had.

And we're the only club in the PL or FL to not either own our stadium or be the primary tenant.

Happy_Martian

We no longer have a orange bus so we might not be top

TM was offered money for transfers or to update the squalid facilities of the club. We used money that could have been used to fill some playing holes to paint a bus. That's pretty poor by anyone's standards :)

pusbccfc

We should win this by an absolute mile.

It is in typical Coventry fashion that someone like Wimbledon will win it:facepalm:. They have still had more to cheer about than us!

Off the top of my head, us, Wimbledon, Sheffield United, Wednesday, Leeds, Oldham, Portsmouth, Barnsley, Swindon and Forest make up the final 10.

Realistically Leeds have had an absolute mare in modern times, but have had a promotion and been in the play offs a couple of times.
Portsmouth won't be top as they have had silverware.
Sheffield United have had a promotion, so they will be below us.

Teams like Swindon, Barnsley and Oldham could be considered to have had a worse time than us statistically.
Swindon have played at a lower level than us, but obviously got promoted the other season.
Oldham statistically have had it as bad as us, but this is their level unlike ours.

The only club who could realistically finish top ahead of us is Wimbledon. Even then, we should still be top.

Calista

I see one of the criteria is "near misses". Well we won't score any points for that because there haven't been any near misses have there? In pursuit of this award, we've kept ourselves out of the top ten for 25 of the last 26 seasons, and made sure we almost never win a cup match. And now we find out that the lack of those bloody near misses is going to cost us this misery title. Which will probably count as a near miss I suppose ...

martcov

What do we get if we win? A nice cup? Who would get the honour of collecting it? TF? TM? Or one of our past culprits? Or does it go to the masochistic fans?

oucho

Yes was thinking Oldham or Swindon, or Wimbledon.

Skyblueweeman

And interesting that they say that the 'Misery Figurehad' to be ACL. Interesting coming from a Trinity Mirror newspaper...

Calista

We were robbed of this Misery title. In that period, Pompey have had an FA Cup win and a promotion, and Wimbledon (in reincarnated form) have had a huge amount of fun. Like the Yorkshiremen in Monty Python, I will continue to insist that we've had it worse than anyone else.

sky_blue_up_north

We can't even win the misery league... says it all

smouch1975

Fucking rigged!

3rd though, gets us a spot in Europe.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Captain Dart

We need a judicial review. The author didn't even mention that source of continued misery.

Joy Division

How on earth we are behind Portsmouth I don't know. FA cup winners recently, ungrateful tossers.

malkitccfc

Portsmouth won the cup the other year, lost in another cup final, had european football and played AC Milan at Fratton Park. How annoying..

I think Sisu should take the mirror to court

Joy Division

Even by the Mirrors own scoring criteria we should be ahead of Portsmouth. We've been done again!

Calista

The article I'm reading says former owners Sisu?

You're right - that's what it now says! Yet 10 minutes ago I can assure you that it said "Misery figurehead : Stadium Manager ACL" (Weeman saw it too). Yippee - another 3 days of arguments about why the article was changed, why it blames SISU so explicitly, why it calls them "former owners" SISU, and whose fault it really is.

chiefdave

How on earth we are behind Portsmouth I don't know. FA cup winners recently, ungrateful tossers.

How the hell are we behind Portsmouth? They've only had one more relegation than us and have had an FA Cup win, another FA Cup final, European football (including playing AC Milan at Fratton) and ownership has been handed to the fans with the help of a huge taxpayer loan.

As for Wimbledon I don't think they can really say they don't exist. You either say they moved to MK, who have of course been promoted. Or you say they are a new team in which case they have got themselves into the FL and are moving forward with a new ground.

Robbed - typically city, can't even win this.

chiefdave

You're right - that's what it now says! Yet 10 minutes ago I can assure you that it said "Misery figurehead : Stadium Manager ACL" (Weeman saw it too). Yippee - another 3 days of arguments about why the article was changed, why it blames SISU so explicitly, why it calls them "former owners" SISU, and whose fault it really is.

Is a bit odd that its now changed to "Former owners SISU who were responsible for the stadium debacle" - wish they were former owners!

Not the sort of change you'd imagine has been made without a prompt from someone.

smouch1975

Not the sort of change you'd imagine has been made without a prompt from someone.

Are you suggesting Coventry council have been following this and made sure they were not implicated in the 'misery'?

Anne is above that.......

Last edited:

gingerrobccfc

Yep it definitely said ACL when I first saw it too.

chiefdave

Are you suggesting Coventry council have been following this and made sure they were not implicated in the 'misery'?

I would highly doubt the council have that sort of power, although I didn't expect the CT to be holding back stories for their benefit either. Its not like its a typo or something, its a deliberate change. If I had to guess who had prompted the change I'd go for someone at the CT as they are part of the same group.

If they're going to change anything it should be moving us to the top spot!

Users who are viewing this thread