Minute's applause for SP & Team at MKD (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

kcic calls for minute's applause at MK after 35mins (Cov-Nton distance) as a thank you to SP & team for their great efforts this season despite all the off-field probs. Anyone up for it?

(awaits - 'after today's result should be a minute's booing not support', 'this is an insult to people who pay to go in sixfields/hillers/boycotters/fill in victim of your choice', '35 minutes is obviously completely the wrong time and it should be at some other unspecified time which would be much better', 'it will achieve nothing' 'tennis balls' etc etc etc)

Steve.B50

Good idea for a good few minutes of full applaud from those at MK next week but it should get at 10 mins into the game. We need to show our support for the team and how proud we are of these young players to overcome a 10 point deficit.
10 mins?

pusbccfc

Not a bad idea!

letsallsingtogether

I think they have forgot how to clap apparently don't even sing the Sky Blue Song in full.

As for booing I thought that never went on at Sixfields well there was some today as substitutions were being made so has the worm turned?

These are not my observations just comments made on CWR today
How about all those 1000's that go to Sixfields do it on Tuesday?:D

covmark

Jesus Christ, some of you lot are fucking boring.

To the op, decent idea Michael. Be good to let the team know their efforts are appreciated. Whether it will happen if we are a couple of goals down, I'm not so sure.

pusbccfc

pusbccfc, it will need people in different blocks to keep an eye out for the 35 min mark then have the bottle to stand up and start the applause - are you and your mates up for it?

There is now scoreboards at MK, and I believe they are now in use. I'll be up for it.

Hobo

Good idea....why not make it a feature every game. Bottom line is it is supporting the team how can any loyal fan object?

you're an idiot

Good idea....why not make it a feature every game. Bottom line is it is supporting the team how can any loyal fan object?

Totally agree, it is a great idea and should feature at each away game. 35 mins is far more symbolic than 10. Who knows, the 35 min applause could be what defines this era for the club and will feature in years to come much like the PUSB song. Despite how depressing the off field antics are it can't go on forever and it'll change for the better and it will be part of history so lets do something like this and make sure it's never forgotten about and the Pressley Project lives long in the memories of Cov fans.....ir have i got bit carried away??!!

RoboCCFC90

Great idea lets do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve.B50

Jesus Christ, some of you lot are fucking boring.

To the op, decent idea Michael. Be good to let the team know their efforts are appreciated. Whether it will happen if we are a couple of goals down, I'm not so sure.

Hence, do it on 10 minutes, show our support for these lads that 19 points do not matter.

RoboCCFC90

Hence, do it on 10 minutes, show our support for these lads that 19 points do not matter.

Steve I am not trying to be horrible but Michael has come up with a really good idea, I suggest we leave as it is.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My only concern is........ what if MK Dongs have just scored on 35 minutes? They'll think they've got more supporters than they really have....... :thinking about:

RoboCCFC90

My only concern is........ what if MK Dongs have just scored on 35 minutes? They'll think they've got more supporters than they really have....... :thinking about:

Same could be said of ten minutes though. A minutes applause on that minute mark will be a sign of respect.

Steve.B50

Steve I am not trying to be horrible but Michael has come up with a really good idea, I suggest we leave as it is.

Its a great idea, but originally he asked us to take this on board for him at 10 mins and we have started to push it, now its 35 mins.
Do not mind either way but my view is more people are keen to show support for the young players and the 10 point deduction than mileage.

RoboCCFC90

Its a great idea, but originally he asked us to take this on board for him at 10 mins and we have started to push it, now its 35 mins.
Do not mind either way but my view is more people are keen to show support for the young players and the 10 point deduction than mileage.

I do see your point Steve, either way it needs to be confirmed so that people aren't confused about when to applaud.

RegTheDonk

If you think about it, its a reaction to the 35 miles between Cov and Northampton. So could it be see as we're applauding the move?

A minute booing would be more appropriate :D

Steve.B50

If you think about it, its a reaction to the 35 miles between Cov and Northampton. So could it be see as we're applauding the move?

Very good point, also I live 31 miles from my house to hill at Sixfields.

Steve.B50

I do see your point Steve, either way it needs to be confirmed so that people aren't confused about when to applaud.

It has to be 10 mins, the 35 is to risky and to much could have happened by that part of the game, some people will just be finding there seats in first part of game and hopefully still excited, it should be a celebration , a pat on the back for our young team getting to where they are regardless of the deduction
It could be followed up by that song they sing about minus 10.

RoboCCFC90

It has to be 10 mins, the 35 is to risky and to much could have happened by that part of the game, some people will just be finding there seats in first part of game and hopefully still excited, it should be a celebration , a pat on the back for our young team getting to where they are regardless of the deduction
It could be followed up by that song they sing about minus 10.

Sounds good either way to me..

MichaelCCFC

Steve, you ok mate? A guy approached me with the idea, I passed to MB and KK but chap came back to me yesterday saying he'd had no response from Trust. I talked it through with him and a few kcic-ers and seemed like a good idea with there be no ideal time but 35 being a bit more symbolic. I hadn't seen anything from Trust so floated idea publicly yesterday and response on fb and twitter is positive and not even too bad on here! So if you are ok with it, let's stick with 35 and get everyone on board!

Steve.B50

Steve, you ok mate? A guy approached me with the idea, I passed to MB and KK but chap came back to me yesterday saying he'd had no response from Trust. I talked it through with him and a few kcic-ers and seemed like a good idea with there be no ideal time but 35 being a bit more symbolic. I hadn't seen anything from Trust so floated idea publicly yesterday and response on fb and twitter is positive and not even too bad on here! So if you are ok with it, let's stick with 35 and get everyone on board!

Am fine thanks Michael, hope your over your stay in hospital and it went well.
As you know things have been a little manic over last two weeks but your message regarding the 10 mins has been discussed and we agreed to give it our support. We did not want to push it to much until the week before or else like a lot of things on these boards the interest would die off.
The concept is very good and like you said earlier we need individuals or groups to start it by standing up at an agreed time. My personal view is that is should be at 10 mins as every single City fan will want to show full support for our young team who have overcome -10 points in such a great way.

What do you think?

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Hadn't even thought of that:D

tbf can apply for any minute's applause though.

"Three cheers for losing 10 points";

"Hurrah he's dead"

"Thank God he's seriously injured!"

MichaelCCFC

Hadn't even thought of that:D

tbf can apply for any minute's applause though.

"Three cheers for losing 10 points";

"Hurrah he's dead"

"Thank God he's seriously injured!"

Nice one, Northern. We're beginning to overthink this. No one seems to think this is a totally crap idea, 35 mins is already out there so let's not quibble over a minute here or there and just do it! Anyone who's really concerned could bring a 'thank you Elvis' etc banner

you're an idiot

Well, 10 minutes is also already out there...

Yes but the original post suggested 35 which makes sense for the 5k fans going MK but don't go to the place that shan't be spoken of. We're peacefully applying pressure on SISU/ACL/CCC to sort it out and applauding at the same time. To hell with it lets just do our own thing with everyone clapping at some point in the game that resonates with them like the 1st minute certain types can pat themselves on the back for being number one fan of the year...

Users who are viewing this thread