Minority of Our Fans Today (3 Viewers)

TakeMeHome

Evening,

Long time reader, first time poster, just had to get this out and vent.

Was at WHL today and there was some brilliant support today from 99% of fans young and old and some great banter and enjoyed myself for the 90mins of football even though we got our backsides handed to us in the first half!

Anyway; my point, I go to pretty much all home games league/cup/friendlies whatever but pick and choose my away games due to work/cash etc.

However, went to the loo's at half time and there was a bit of a queue and expected to be greeted by a few people having a crafty fag, bit of singing, banter with the stewards etc, the usual stuff...However there were teenagers in there smashing up the cubicles and toilets/cisterns, throwing bits of porcelain over the top and water was streaming everywhere underneath and all over the floor, and the stewards were helpless. What shocked me even more was there was grown men, arguing with stewards inside the toilet area saying it was a disgrace the floor was full of water and cubicles were a mess....this is while they knew full well their fans/possibly their children had smashed the $hit out of the toilet blocks.

This surely isnt the behaviour we should be tolerating surely, even if its not our ground, I wouldnt expect to see it happen up the Villa or Leicester. It is morons like these people that give some fans a bad name and cause problems down the lines/club.

What didn't help either was there were kids in the toilets at the time, absolutely scared to death with what was happening and could hear full well what was going on behind the locked cubicles. I have thick skin, but I was embaressed to be a Cov fan for the few minutes I was in there.

Gaz

Hate to see and hear about stuff like this.
Unfortunately there are some right Bellends that go the footy.

pusbccfc

Didn't see this tbh

ShInnbob

Walked into the aftermath halfway through second half. Awful. I know we would all be disgusted if that was happening at our place.

North York’s Blue

Nor me, used the toilets below block 34, didn't see any issues apart from a lack of room to move, not quite as bad as Orient but not far off.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
That's awful! Probably the same 'fans' i heard after the final whistle (if they lasted that long) singing a right awful song about Defoe's brother! Some people have no morals or a conscience!

If i wasnt only with one other person i may hae said something at the time but im not one for confrontation, and fortunately it was a very small minority (a handful atleast!).

People like that give the club, and football supporters in general a bad name!

ohitsaidwalker king power

To a lesser degree.. but equally distasteful... men urinating in the sinks at the end of the game...... if you cant hold your beer chaps to a point where you can urinate in a TOILET... drink a little less?

pusbccfc

At the end of the day what was done is quite embarrassing, but you can't tell me stuff like that doesn't happen with every sets of away fans...

Just like the 3 preston fans that ran over to the Cov section last week...

You can't tell me within 5100 people, no one is going to cause some trouble, especially when there's drink involved.

dirty gits, but what i found odd was having to show your ticket to go toilet and when going back to your seat.

great day out and at least there was noise from some home fans from north london..... not as much as the mighty sky blue army.

although we did shut them up when we told them arsenal scored 6, lol

TakeMeHome

At the end of the day what was done is quite embarrassing, but you can't tell me stuff like that doesn't happen with every sets of away fans...

You can't tell me within 5100 people, no one is going to cause some trouble, especially when there's drink involved.

I completely agree with you, but tbh never seen this kind of behaviour once at a Cov game Home or Away. Admittedly I am only 25 and only been going to away grounds maybe for 10-12 year but I was genuinely shocked at what was going on to the point I wish I could do something about it.

Literally was the minority, maybe 10 or so people which is nothing, but reflects so badly on us and felt really bad for the 2-3 stewards who were standing there helpless getting verbally abused by a few other morons.

Tottenham

Happens very rarely actually. Not sure the 'they have had a drink so it should be expected' holds much water (pun intended) - sounds like a lame excuse.

Skyblue4u

Jesus that toilet picture looks like the aftermath of a terminal chicken madras. Seriously though these so called fans are an embarrassment to football

Covfather

Next time get your mobile out your pocket and film the fookers...send vid to WM police they will deal with the scum

North York’s Blue

I have never, ever felt the urge to do any damage, piss in sinks etc, despite the fact that most away games I have a skin full before the game, I don't understand the mentality and and am disgusted by that behaviour.

ccfcway

Hardly, I just think purposely helping someone get a criminal record and a three year ban is massively over the top considering they're just pissed up kids acting twats, as all pissed up kids do.

ah, fine, let them do it then. There is being "pissed up" and then there is vandelism and damaging property.

How would you react if "pissed up kids acting twats" smashed you front windows and recked your garden, still say the same ?

TakeMeHome

Hardly, I just think purposely helping someone get a criminal record and a three year ban is massively over the top considering they're just pissed up kids acting twats, as all pissed up kids do.

I get your general gist as we have all been drunk and done something mildly stupid but how does this have any logic?? It's ok kids, we won't do anything about it, feel free to get pissed and destroy stuff at will. It is beyond the realms of a bit of banter or handbags at dawn, it was full on vandalism.

I am sure if some pissed up kids came in your house tonight and smashed up your bathroom and pissed in your sink you wouldn't laugh and say "you jokers...get out of here you little rascals"

Users who are viewing this thread