Mini Quiz (1 Viewer)

egastap

As SkyBlueAndy likes more quizzes (and there's not much else going on except dreaming about who we should bring to the club), I thought I'd put together a series of short quizzes to whet everyones appetite and maybe learn a bit more about the old game.

Here we go!!

1.Which player is reputed to have taken the ball down to the corner flag, to waste a bit of time and pulled a comb out of his shorts to comb his hair?

2.Which 2 clubs resigned from the league mid-season?

3.Which Championship Football Club has hosted 3 full England internationals at 3 different 'home' grounds?

4.Which ground is depicted in an L.S. Lowry painting?

5.Which football ground is named after a legume which grew on its surface? (hint: this club has since changed their ground)

Marty

It was Bolton's stadium, not sure what it was called.

TheRoyalScam

I think 3 could be Derby County - was one of the matches at the cricket ground?:thinking about:

Ernie Machin

Shall we make this the general trivia thread then?

And no googling either!

Name the 5 teams that have won the European Cup and are based in their capital cities?

Disorganised1

I think No 1 was Charlie George, but it could have been Frank Worthington

Marty

Bayern Munich or Lazio??

Edit :- didn't a russian side win it a few years ago against rangers?? possibly Spartak Moscow??

SkyBlueMania

Ernie Machin, where did you hear this one from? I came on to this thread to ask that very question as i was asked it down the pub last night! I'm not going to spoil it but i got all except one over a rather long period of time, the last two were difficult!

TheRoyalScam

Bayern Munich or Lazio??

Edit :- didn't a russian side win it a few years ago against rangers?? possibly Spartak Moscow??

Was Munich ever the capital of West Germany, or has it always been Bonn or Berlin?:thinking about:

Ernie Machin

I was asked it the other day, I got all 5 because I'm a complete trivia geek unfortunately.

The last two are Eastern European, winners from the 80's and 90's.

SkyBlueMania

there's no trick about it, all the teams that won still exist and the capital city they are in was and still is the capital city of the respective country! Some tricky ones in there!

Marty

Belgrade? do they even have a football team :wave::thinking about:

TheRoyalScam

I'm off in 'Dad's Taxi' now to pick Scam Jnr up, but before I go how about one of the Bucharest teams - Dinamo or Steaua? Or Slavia Prague?

TheRoyalScam

Tricky question that, Ernie Machin! Off in Dad's Taxi now..................zoom_zoom!:D

Marty

these are kinda fun, do more of them please.

egastap

Answer to MINI QUIZ:

icon1.png
Mini Quiz

As SkyBlueAndy likes more quizzes (and there's not much else going on except dreaming about who we should bring to the club), I thought I'd put together a series of short quizzes to whet everyones appetite and maybe learn a bit more about the old game.

Here we go!!

1.Which player is reputed to have taken the ball down to the corner flag, to waste a bit of time and pulled a comb out of his shorts to comb his hair?
STANLEY MATTHEWS (England vs Italy 1948)
2.Which 2 clubs resigned from the league mid-season?
ACCRINGTON STANLEY and ALDERSHOT
3.Which Championship Football Club has hosted 3 full England internationals at 3 different 'home' grounds?
DERBY COUNTY (RACECOURSE GROUND, BASEBALL GROUND and PRIDE PARK)
BURNDEN PARK (BOLTON WANDERERS)
5.Which football ground is named after a legume which grew on its surface? (hint: this club has since changed their ground)
VETCH FIELD (SWANSEA TOWN)

Well done guys. Other than Vetch Field, you were all pretty close or correct.

egastap

Ernie, why don't you come up with a mini-quiz? We've all got plenty of time on our hands until the transfer season starts.

Ernie Machin

Ok, here's a couple.

Name the only twins to have played in a World Cup final? And on a related note, why was that final delayed?

And here's a bugger of a question, but one of you might get it (or by committee):

There are four players who have played for four different teams who have won the European Cup without ever winning it themselves - Who are they and what were the teams?

Ernie Machin

and an easy one: Who is the only player to score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, (or the divisions under their previous names), the League Cup, the FA Cup and for his country?

egastap

Ok, here's a couple.

Name the only twins to have played in a World Cup final? And on a related note, why was that final delayed?

And here's a bugger of a question, but one of you might get it (or by committee):

There are four players who have played for four different teams who have won the European Cup without ever winning it themselves - Who are they and what were the teams?

Frank and Rene van de kerkoff ( don't know if I've spelt their name correctly). Still thinking on the 2nd part of the question....not sure I understand the question yet......must be me!

Users who are viewing this thread