Milton Keynes vs Coventry City Match Thread (EFL Trophy) - Tuesday Dec. 3rd (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I’m going to this and although it’s not a popular trophy, I’m left disappointed by the turnout given the bollocks ‘away day only’ tripe. Turn up for the big piss ups, not when your team needs you. Enough of the emotion lead stuff. Hoping for:
Wilson
Watson Hyam Drysdale Mason
Allen Eccles O’Hare
Kastaneer Bakayoko Hiwula

A chance for some players to gain minutes and some to prove us all wrong that they’ve got it in then to go up the gears and perform when it matters going into an important time of the year. Play up sky blues

We're literally taking more to this than we got in the last round home game.

harvey098

Is he mad ? He’s just had how many matches to have “a chance” ? Done absolutely fuck all to keep the shirt

In fairness to Bakayoko, that headline isn’t representative of what he said. It does make it sound like he’s bemoaning a lack of opportunity but his actual interview isn’t that vibe at all.

He comes across as a nice lad, I really hope he proves us all wrong but he’s just so soft for a big man and I just don’t really see what his attributes are currently.

LastGarrison

Going to this tonight with a couple of lads from work.

Been MK a couple of times but always on the train. Where’s the best place to park and have a pint beforehand?

Warwickhunt

Going to this tonight with a couple of lads from work.

Been MK a couple of times but always on the train. Where’s the best place to park and have a pint beforehand?
2nd or 3rd Avenue in the industrial estate opposite the stadium. MK1 1DX

Nick

Administrator
Apart from setting up the equaliser on Sunday. He gets far too much grief

I think it's the same as McFadz at the back.

You will notice a lot of the time, people are just relying on radio commentary and social media to form opinions.

People are far too keen to enjoy a mistake from him, like his miss the other week when somebody was more bothered in the match thread about seeing that than Walsh's goal.

SkyBlueDom26

I think it's the same as McFadz at the back.

You will notice a lot of the time, people are just relying on radio commentary and social media to form opinions.

People are far too keen to enjoy a mistake from him, like his miss the other week when somebody was more bothered in the match thread about seeing that than Walsh's goal.

I always defend him and he should be starting every game as he has done well in all of the games so far... however his mistakes are starting to take the piss

cc84cov

McFadz offers a lot ok he has made mistakes but we need his leadership at the back the mistakes will stop also what’s the other alternative ?

Baka also done well when he came in with the assist playing him in a 2 suits him better than alone.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

...............................Wilson
.............Hyam.......Drysdale.......Rose
Watson...............................................Mason
..........Wakefield.....Eccles......Young
...................Baka..................Hiwula

Subs: Marosi, McCallum, Williams, Bapaga, Burroughs, O'Hare, Biamou

Was going to put Walters on the bench but thing he's still out on loan. Also looks like Bremang has dropped off the radar.

Another shite game, fuck all happens and goes to penalties.

cc84cov

...............................Wilson
.............Hyam.......Drysdale.......Rose
Watson...............................................Mason
..........Wakefield.....Eccles......Young
...................Baka..................Hiwula

Subs: Marosi, McCallum, Williams, Bapaga, Burroughs, O'Hare, Biamou

Was going to put Walters on the bench but thing he's still out on loan. Also looks like Bremang has dropped off the radar.

Another shite game, fuck all happens and goes to penalties.
Wakefield midfield ? He’s a winger mate

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Going to regret this - but who is Young?

Like everyone in our squad, if you've never heard of them assume they're called Jordan.

He's a midfielder we signed in the summer from Swindon. About 20 and has a decent set-piece on him I think.

Just thought I'd give him a run out, although wouldn't mind J.Burroughs there either.

fernandopartridge

Like everyone in our squad, if you've never heard of them assume they're called Jordan.

He's a midfielder we signed in the summer from Swindon. About 20 and has a decent set-piece on him I think.

Just thought I'd give him a run out, although wouldn't mind J.Burroughs there either.
He came on as sub in the last game in that trophy and did quite well, so agree he should get another chance

Great_Expectations

Very quiet for a match thread.

I think he’ll play a lot of first teamers, especially those who need fitness (Hiwula, Biamou, Allen etc), coupled with fringe (Watson) and youngsters who have been around the first team. I’d also like to see a few of the youth players given a chance, even if from the bench.

I know it doesn’t mean that much to many, but I really want us to do well. It helps with momentum, and the positive mental impact of a winning mentality shouldn’t be underestimated. Plus, tin pot trophy or not, another trip to Wembley would be great.

Can’t understand suggestions of 4-3-3, it wasn’t effective enough, we don’t have the players and the shift to wing backs and (hopefully) 2 up front is much more effective.

I’d go:

Wilson
Rose McFadzean Drysdale
Watson Eccles Allen Mason
O’Hare
Biamou Hiwula

2-0 City, Biamou, Allen

larry_david

There was an article on him the other week actually. Didn't realise he's already played in league 1 and scored. Looks like could be one to get into the team before end of season

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There was an article on him the other week actually. Didn't realise he's already played in league 1 and scored. Looks like could be one to get into the team before end of season

Gonna be difficult for him with Kelly, Walsh, Shipley and Westbrooke already there and Allen yet to come in. Also seems like MR looks to Eccles beyond that before looking at Young. But in games such as this he should be given an opportunity to see if he's anywhere near ready and worth persevering with on a longer basis.

Users who are viewing this thread