Millwall (3 Viewers)

Solo

You've spent a long time trying to get to the point that most Millwall supporters get to which is trying to blame everyone else.

You're considered one of the most violent supports in the country with a racism problem, that's on you lot mate, no one else.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck and I'd take Millwalls support over Chelseas any day of the week but the constant excuses and trying to blame others is embarrassing.

If that is what you have taken from my posts, fair enough. Disappointing, but I just have to accept your opinion.

Solo

The origin of the knee was of peaceful prayer lead by MLK in ‘75.

Colin Kaepernick’s knee was a peaceful gesture.
The reactions however, from the right wing, were aggressive. Go figure.

View attachment 21833

The swastika was a peaceful Hindu symbol until it got hijacked by Hitler and the Nazi Party.

No one would deny the gesture of kneeling was and is a peaceful form of protest. But gestures and symbols can be hi-jacked.

To be honest, I don't know why I am getting into this debate, as I completely agree that it is a peaceful protest, that the players have clearly explained that their gesture is linked to this gesture and not with the political agenda of the political movement. I just do not want to live in a world where you do not look at the other side of a debate. I simply tried to explain as best I could why many of my fellow fans boo the knee. And I deliberately put many, as that leaves those of us like me that do not boo and even those of us that do boo, but because yes, they are racists.

clint van damme

If that is what you have taken from my posts, fair enough. Disappointing, but I just have to accept your opinion.

I've heard it alot from Millwall supporters but fair play for trying to defend you club you come across as a decent fella but I can't agree with some of what you say but I'll leave it there.

Solo

I've heard it alot from Millwall supporters but fair play for trying to defend you club you come across as a decent fella but I can't agree with some of what you say but I'll leave it there.

Well, that is tribalism for you. Whilst often tedious, it does make football what it is.

All I will say is that I don't think many sensible and inherently nice people would tell the Black community that all of their issues are of their own creating and all they hear from them is excuses, excuses, excuses. An extreme example I know, but I am sick of people these days thinking everything exist in a vacuum. If only life was that simple.

I have tried to argue against some of the things I think are incorrect or unfair, and that is all I can do. As said, I did it in good faith.

Good luck for the rest of the season, as said, have a soft spot for Coventry City and hope things work out for the club moving forward.

shmmeee

The swastika was a peaceful Hindu symbol until it got hijacked by Hitler and the Nazi Party.

No one would deny the gesture of kneeling was and is a peaceful form of protest. But gestures and symbols can be hi-jacked.

To be honest, I don't know why I am getting into this debate, as I completely agree that it is a peaceful protest, that the players have clearly explained that their gesture is linked to this gesture and not with the political agenda of the political movement. I just do not want to live in a world where you do not look at the other side of a debate. I simply tried to explain as best I could why many of my fellow fans boo the knee. And I deliberately put many, as that leaves those of us like me that do not boo and even those of us that do boo, but because yes, they are racists.

People who boo the knee are either racist or credulous enough to buy racist arguments. 🤷 Don’t clap is one thing, actively boo? Nah mate. You’ve spent too long online getting wound up by racists.

Fucking Marxism 😂😂😂 Benik Afobe out there seizing the means of production 🤣🤣🤣

Wait guys let’s hear the flat earthers out, wouldn’t want to miss one side of the debate. Sometimes mate we hear the other side’s argument and it’s ridiculous so we laugh it out the room.

HerneBayGaz

Yes I went to our company head office to work. All is fine, just returned from 10 years working abroad. I hope all is well with you?

Wow excellent. I'm good thanks. I'm retired now. Are you still going to the games? If so me must meet up. We are getting to Millwall around 1ish tomorrow

David O'Day

Whatever. I've heard enough of the virtue bullshit to last me a lifetime. I know right from wrong. I can form my own opinions without hanging on to someone elses. Carry on.

"Virtue Bullshit"
It's like a racist bingo in here

Ok explain to me how when players and mangers have spent 18 months telling people that they are taking a stand against racism only it is nota sign of racism to boo them doing so?

Jamesimus

Same. Good to have other fans on here by all means, and I used to live very local to New Cross and loved it.

But I think you have to take this one on the chin and stop making excuses / explaining on behalf of a large proportion of your fans. We've all heard what they've had to say a million times, doesn't matter which way it's framed, it's still shite.

I know they're at every club (we have ours; other than the "virtual signallers" on here). It's just yours has more than it's fair share and I hope that changes for you and everyone else in the future.

10-0 city, Liam Kelly double hat trick, O'Hare, Waghorn, Gorky, Hamer.

David O'Day

I've always wondered why people think young rich professional footballers would be signalling their support for the end of capitalism

Not every Millwall fan is a racist but they do seem to have a lot and when challenged on this the club seems to circle the wagons and deflect away the incidents.

anyway if why play anywhere near as good as we have been we'll win easily, it's city though we'll probably blow it

David O'Day

"It's like a racist bingo in here"
Where?
Ok explain to me how when players and mangers blah blah blah...
I'm not booing. Calm down with the faux outrage ffs.

you made a comedy turd reply to a post that simply said if you are anti anti racism you are a racist

blahblahIdon'thaveacluesoIllkeeptypingblahblah

NorthernWisdom

Unfortunatley mate we also have our fair share of lefty virtual signallers on here who think anyone that doesnt confrm to their own prejudices are racist.
every club has racists, idiots, far left anti everything but the vast majority just like watching football and have had enough of politics in our sport
If a lefty virtue signaller is supporting our players making an anti racist gesture, then count me in.

hill83

Lots of wordy posts I’ve not read yet. But as @marcusp is liking left right and centre I might not need to.

I’ll reserve judgement on my “happy to be corrected” reply earlier on for now.

theferret

Always found the term 'anti racist' to be a bit odd. It seems that simply not being racist, most people's default position, is no longer good enough, you have to declare yourself 'anti'.

We seem to have peaked in the 90s when nobody gave a shit what colour you were and being colourblind was all the rage.

Now, demand for racism often outstrips supply so people go searching for it and it's all a bit mental

Besides, if being 'anti racist' puts you on the same side as those knuckle-dragging antifa mouth-breathers, I reject anti-racism and I'll just stick to not being a racist instead.

David O'Day

Always found the term 'anti racist' to be a bit odd. It seems that simply not being racist, most people's default position, is no longer good enough, you have to declare yourself 'anti'.

We seem to have peaked in the 90s when nobody gave a shit what colour you were and being colourblind was all the rage.

Now, demand for racism often outstrips supply so people go searching for it and it's all a bit mental

Besides, if being 'anti racist' puts you on the same side as those knuckle-dragging antifa mouth-breathers, I reject anti-racism and I'll just stick to not being a racist instead.

It's pretty odd that any one can find being anti racist odd when there are people who in fat racist in this world. It's just being against racism.

still you reject anti-racism all you want matey

fernandopartridge

I don’t doubt that. Coventry is a pretty tough place and certainly has a reputation amongst the Millwall support of not being shy when it comes to a bit of aggro themselves.

You’d have to ask them, as I’m no hooligan, but I’m pretty sure Coventry are seen as very underrated in the football violence circles by Millwall’s best/worst (delete depending on your view point) & was a place that never disappointed in terms of finding up for it individuals, certainly back in the day.

So, just like I’ve seen some scumbags frothing at the mouth at as unlikely places as Norwich & Watford, no doubt Millwall and Coventry’s rep (in the past at least) meant you have witnessed the very same!
Yes, Millwall got as good as they gave in the cup game up here in 2008

hill83

“I don’t like women being punched in the face by a big fuck off bloke, but if I see it happening in front of me I’ll leave it and let it happen” safe in the knowledge that I know I don’t like it.

Users who are viewing this thread