Millwall (4 Viewers)

pusbccfc

As of yesterday the Tavern coaches were full will try again tomorrow was one going from Longford but apparently not doing it now due to poor response bit strange with over a week to go, reckon drive to Stanmore then the underground being favourite

Will take you longer to get from Stanmore to London bridge than it would getting from Cov to Euston on the train.

Irish Sky Blue

Covid factor. We sold poorly for Barnsley. Just about sold out for a fairly attractive fixture at QPR.

Blackpool was a good following.

Generally away crowds will be lower this season due to Covid fears, people losing the habit of going and prices. Up and down the country, crowds are down. We'll average around 1800 this season.
I think that the easy availability of ifollow is probably a factor too.

skyblue1991

Covid factor. We sold poorly for Barnsley. Just about sold out for a fairly attractive fixture at QPR.

Generally away crowds will be lower this season due to Covid fears, people losing the habit of going and prices. Up and down the country, crowds are down. We'll average around 1800 this season.
On the other hand there is 18 months without football (novelty worn off with this point to be fair) and our first season back in the Championship where fans can attend games in which some grounds are new or we haven't visited in nearly 10 seasons.

Barnsley was always going to be a low attendance as we've played them numerous times in League 1. Blackpool away is always a day/night out and we haven't played QPR in 10 years and convinced we would've sold the full allocation if given to us

I reckon if the club requested 1000 more tickets for Millwall today we would sell by early next week. They probably need to be released to general sale earlier. If you want to go as a season ticket holder, then you've got at least two days guranteed

Personally I think general sale should be earlier i.e. Whatever your circumstance if you really want to go to an away game you'll get to one

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Travs

Travel to Millwall ? Struggling to find coach for 5. Any ideas where ther might be some. Could drive to Stanmore what is the parking like that end nowadays been over 20 years since I’ve done that.

I've often parked at Watford Junction rather than Stanmore. Guaranteed a parking space, slightly shorter drive, and regular trains into Euston taking about 15-20mins. Can also get on the overground, and i think there's an underground connection in Watford too, should you need them.

Sick Boy

I've often parked at Watford Junction rather than Stanmore. Guaranteed a parking space, slightly shorter drive, and regular trains into Euston taking about 15-20mins. Can also get on the overground, and i think there's an underground connection in Watford too, should you need them.
I’ve always gone for East Finchley when doing it in the past - easy drive, loads of parking and straight onto the tube.

CJ_covblaze

Travel to Millwall ? Struggling to find coach for 5. Any ideas where ther might be some. Could drive to Stanmore what is the parking like that end nowadays been over 20 years since I’ve done that.
For parking Canons Park is a better option than Stanmore.

theferret

No evidence of that really. Blackpool was a good following and we didn't just about sell out for QPR, we sold out with ease a week before the game and while still on priority sale. Only Barnsley was below par but that was right in the middle of holiday season and it was still decent.

If we take 1800 to Millwall, that is a vey good following there and more than most will take.

Londonccfcfan

No evidence of that really. Blackpool was a good following and we didn't just about sell out for QPR, we sold out with ease a week before the game and while still on priority sale. Only Barnsley was below par but that was right in the middle of holiday season and it was still decent.

If we take 1800 to Millwall, that is a vey good following there and more than most will take.

Yeah we sold out QPR with ease. Not sure what the blokes on about.

Blackpool on the day of match we sold about another 200.

Reactions: COV

fernandopartridge

It'll be an average of nearly 2k for 4 away games, much better than historic average followings.

Some people have built up some pretty unrealistic expectations

CV22SBA

Generally as in CCFC or every club? Boro bringing just under 3K tomorrow, don't ever recall them bringing that many when we've played them in the past.

SlowerThanPlatt

Generally as in CCFC or every club? Boro bringing just under 3K tomorrow, don't ever recall them bringing that many when we've played them in the past.

They’re well supported at home too, 21k avg and they wouldn’t get 2-3k away fans like we have so far

COV

What do you mean we just about sold out QPR- people were annoyed as they couldn't get tickets, we didn't have enough for everyone who wanted to go

COV

Boro's away support can be very poor, don't know what is so attractive about tomorrow's game for them but its way higher than they've normally brought with them in the past

Skyblue_LDN

I bought my two tickets yesterday but club has told me I can’t buy two more tickets when they go on general sale … and that another membership is needed to assign them to. I thought general sale meant anyone can ring up and buy them?

pusbccfc

What do you mean we just about sold out QPR- people were annoyed as they couldn't get tickets, we didn't have enough for everyone who wanted to go

People were struggling to sell their spares for QPR. Nothing to suggest we'd have sold the extra 800 had we been given them.

pusbccfc

Boro's away support can be very poor, don't know what is so attractive about tomorrow's game for them but its way higher than they've normally brought with them in the past

Their away support has improved massively in the last 5 years. Averaged 2190 in 2017/18 and then 1,569 in 2018/19.

As good as ours with far more challenging distances to travel.

pusbccfc

Generally most clubs are down slightly on home crowds. Was very noticeable watching MOTD and EFL on Question teams like Brighton having clusters of empty seats. Usually would sell out every game.

Bound to happen with people needing to isolate.

COV

Their away support has improved massively in the last 5 years. Averaged 2190 in 2017/18 and then 1,569 in 2018/19.

As good as ours with far more challenging distances to travel.

So 500+ less than us in a higher division.. magnificent support.

The distance is true of course, but thats life for them, they're used to it. Doesn't seem to worry Newcastle or to a lesser extent Sunderland.

pusbccfc

Which people were these? We'd have sold the extra easily for QPR.

Took me 3 days to sell two on twitter. Luckily someone took them on the day.

No evidence we'd have easily sold them. We are on track to take a similar number to Millwall (which is £5 cheaper) and only a few hundred more than what we took to Barnsley and Blackpool.

pusbccfc

So 500+ less than us in a higher division.. magnificent support.

The distance is true of course, but thats life for them, they're used to it. Doesn't seem to worry Newcastle or to a lesser extent Sunderland.

We average 1885 in the 2018/19. I believe it was less the season before?

pusbccfc

If we average more than 1800 it will be the highest we've average since 2014.

1800 to Millwall is great but there's hardly a clammer for tickets like we've seen in previous seasons. Obviously reasons for it.

COV

Took me 3 days to sell two on twitter. Luckily someone took them on the day.

No evidence we'd have easily sold them. We are on track to take a similar number to Millwall (which is £5 cheaper) and only a few hundred more than what we took to Barnsley and Blackpool.

Why say "people" when its basically you- one person- on twitter, that hotbed of ticket sales?

We are only on track to match QPR because we didn't have enough tickets to meet demand for QPR. Anyone would know that Millwall wouldn't see the same demand as QPR.

If it makes you happy then fine, yes you're right, our support is really poor.

COV

If we average more than 1800 it will be the highest we've average since 2014.

1800 to Millwall is great but there's hardly a clammer for tickets like we've seen in previous seasons. Obviously reasons for it.

Not sure how 1,800 can be the biggest since 2014 when you just said we averaged more than that in 2020

pusbccfc

Why say "people" when its basically you- one person- on twitter, that hotbed of ticket sales?

We are only on track to match QPR because we didn't have enough tickets to meet demand for QPR. Anyone would know that Millwall wouldn't see the same demand as QPR.

If it makes you happy then fine, yes you're right, our support is really poor.

Never said it's poor. 1800 is good compared to previous trips there.

If people were desperate for QPR tickets, why aren't they queuing up for Millwall tickets which are £5 cheaper?

pusbccfc

Instead of arguing about numbers, there is no doubt in my opinion,that the noise generated by our fans,is second to none.

Spot on and are numbers are good and remarkably better than what they were when we were taking a coach load away in the 2000s.

COV is taking things out of context again.

slowpoke

Sorted got coach tickets in the end some extra club ones put on now but thanks for the advice and to the others who replied.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I tried to but ticket as a 6 match package person which was due for eligibility on Friday 10th Sep. Allocated seat is shown and priced at 0.00 and you are unable to add them to basket. Something is not right here on admin side.

ccfctommy

I think the price may put a few off.

Most games in league one were twenty quid. Now the average is nearly ten pounds higher.

Users who are viewing this thread