Millwall Match Thread 29th December. (4 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

We can cry foul about missing Wagorn as much as we like but he's been out for half the fucking season now, we need to work out an alternative because we're fucking toothless

Briles

Just got back. Ref was as dogshit as both teams. One to forget certainly.

covcity4life

We can cry foul about missing Wagorn as much as we like but he's been out for half the fucking season now, we need to work out an alternative because we're fucking toothless
Alternative is play box and lobe or play 2 with gyok as one of them

Not sure why robins persists with godden and walker

higgs

Did their goalkeeper have a save to make ? i missed first ten minutes of the second half so unless he made one then I can’t remember one shot on target. Hard to pin point how to remedy this but imo our back three and wing backs system has been sussed without Dabo we have little direct pace from deep and we are easily stifled. Our midfield individually i like them but collectively it’s too predictable as for our forwards today what can I say non existent.
A real bad day at the office.
Hard to see us turning this around other than Victor coming back to form playing him up front on his own and bringing in Allen and hamer for Kelly and walker.I'd play dabo over Kane also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Hindsight a wonderful thing and all that but that team sheet tonight didn’t inspire confidence. Zero energy, if there’s no Hamer, you need to play Allen to give us something other than everything going through o’hare.

The no energy also not helped by Tyler Walker amassing a total of 12 yards covered all game. It’s not trendy to defend him either so don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality in the side is too thinly spread. The owners providing zero assistance means this is it for the rest of the season. And you have people again adopting the ‘glad to be making up the numbers’ mentality.

A glorious chance to do something is being pissed up the wall

stupot07

Maatsen had a far better game than Kane who had his worse game for us to date
Kane had his worst performance by a mile, truly shocking. But i also have to agree re: Maatsen, he looks so dangerous but just isn't. His final pass and decision making is pretty poor. He rarely gets himself into the crossing positions, and has this habit of cutting inside and narrowing play.

Kane was truly dreadful but he kept showing and was putting in some dangerous crosses.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The quality in the side is too thinly spread. The owners providing zero assistance means this is it for the rest of the season. And you have people again adopting the ‘glad to be making up the numbers’ mentality.

A glorious chance to do something is being pissed up the wall

I agree. The league is not strong this year. We were a bit more clinical earlier in the season and for the last 12 games or so (25% of the season) we have been largely abysmal. A few very late goals have stopped it from being a level worse than that.

I really don't get this 'happy with mid-table' and 'defend the team even when they are shit' approach. Maybe before the season yes, but not after we have seen half of it played out and could genuinely hunt a playoff spot.

Sky Blue Harry H

First half I thought we played ok (obviously end product wasn't there, but thought it would come) Ref was absolutely dreadful.
Second half we were very poor (looked leggy and out of ideas) I thought Kane looked like he was struggling with something a couple of minutes before he got booked, although he carried on). Thought Maatsen played well generally and Fadz was fine, but we were too ponderous - particularly in the second half. Rerf was also poor in the second half. Millwall took umpteen free kicks / throw ins from the wrong place, and he let so many fouls go on our players in that first half, so they kept on committing them. First game I've felt fed up about after leaving because Millwall were not even average - literally their only threat was from aerial stuff, although they were dogged in defence)

Liquid Gold

We just don't seem to have any players who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and push us on.

As much as I hate to bring this up Doyle would do it for us in L2. We have nobody with that character on the pitch at the moment. Fadz can do it but isn't.

Brighton Sky Blue

No. We never use the box again because it's been proven time and again it doesn't work in this division.

Work out something else.

Rediscover the high intensity play of before. Gyo looks unrecognisable, retreated fully into his shell. Quality in midfield is simply not there either.

Signings are sorely needed but they aren’t coming.

clint van damme

I agree. The league is not strong this year. We were a bit more clinical earlier in the season and for the last 12 games or so (25% of the season) we have been largely abysmal. A few very late goals have stopped it from being a level worse than that.

I really don't get this 'happy with mid-table' and 'defend the team even when they are shit' approach. Maybe before the season yes, but not after we have seen half of it played out and could genuinely hunt a playoff spot.

To think we can get to the play offs with this squad is absolute fantasy. We need 3 or 4 decent additions to be thinking like that, over to the owners.

pusbccfc

Pitch was poor tonight. Gradually been getting worse but there were some real bobbly patches. That didn't help. Dread to think what it will be like in a few weeks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Millwall were rank, a half decent side puts them away tonight. But you have people here who don’t seem bothered.

Need I remind them we aren’t near 50 points yet and on this form and performances we’ll be scraping home. People should be demanding better when we know this group is capable of it. They’re letting themselves down with these displays.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To think we can get to the play offs with this squad is absolute fantasy. We need 3 or 4 decent additions to be thinking like that, over to the owners.

Before the start of the season I would have agreed with you. However, looking at the other teams and how we have played at times, the tanking we are seeing at the moment is so frustrating and completely our own fault.

Liquid Gold

Rediscover the high intensity play of before. Gyo looks unrecognisable, retreated fully into his shell. Quality in midfield is simply not there either.

Signings are sorely needed but they aren’t coming.
They aren't. We'll settle for staying up comfortably because the league is a joke.

It'll be interesting next year if Sunderland are up and nobody is docked points.

Brighton Sky Blue

They aren't. We'll settle for staying up comfortably because the league is a joke.

It'll be interesting next year if Sunderland are up and nobody is docked points.

What have we spent the last 2 and a half weeks doing exactly? Patting ourselves on the back because we saved a point at a garbage Huddersfield?

Users who are viewing this thread