Match Thread Millwall (A) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Decent point away from home , last season we would have been beaten in this fixture so I am happy , any point away is a bonus

Exactly. Two home wins and an away draw in a week. Take that all day.

edit - we’re in a league where anyone can beat anyone. Just look at derby v Stoke today.

ps anyone sorted a proper decent song for Vik yet ?

shmmeee

I think part of that was playing to his fitness level, he didn't commit in behind like Dabo does but given the lack of game time he's had for a long time he's excused

Yeah, also as I said earlier it takes a lot of players a while to get to our levels. Even people like Dabo and O’Hare took a while to establish themselves. I get the impression standards in training are higher than average. Hopefully he’ll step up to the level.

Certainly a better option that Dacosta.

blunted

Thought we should have won today but our final ball let us down. Their goal was a lucky deflection as Moore looked to have it covered. We got very lucky with the offside which would definately been offside before the rule change. I would have been unhappy if it had been ruled out against us with the current rules regarding interfering with play. We need to beat teams like Milwall who with all their injuries looked out on their feet in the second half. Was pleased Kane got 90 mins and looked solid if less of an attacking threat than Dabo. Though Rose was solid but unspectacular and shows how good JCS was before he went off. Hope injuries to JCS and O'Hare are not serious. One downside was how many first headers their players won.

blunted

Watched on Ifollow today, Millwall commentators had Matteson as our Mom.
I like Maa, he will only get better but MOM no way. Most of Milwall's attacks came down that side. Think when he is a bit more experienced he will be awesome and a Prem player but is learning his trade with us.

RegTheDonk

Decent point I think. I got what I wanted, Vic and God, and it didn't work too well. Had they been a bit more aware of each other, I'm sure Vic would have played him in a couple of times. Vic took his goal well, he's becoming a handful for defenders...strong and keeps going. Thought Kane did OK but I guess its a fitness issue ... towards the end it seemed he didn't want to commit and come forward. Young Ian put himself about a lot, if his final ball into the box was better, he'd be creating a load of chances.

Joint second, 2 points off top though, we can't be unhappy with that. Well played City.

Johnnythespider

edit - we’re in a league where anyone can beat anyone. Just look at derby v Stoke today.

No but his name scans perfectly with Waterloo by abba, and war rhymes with score

usskyblue

“You could see today, the likes of [Gustavo] Hamer, [Callum] O’Hare, causing us so many problems behind the front. And Goykeres gives them that little bit of presence up front that they haven’t had previously. I thought they were excellent today and they deserve to be where they are.’

Last edited:

robbiethemole

to Allez,allez,allez,

We once had Roland Nilsson,
and Hedman in our goal,
the finest Swedish legends
to play at Highfield Rd.

IKEA left the City,
they shut their fucking shop,
but in came super Viktor,
to fire us to the top,
Allez, Allez, Allez.

how does that sound?

Evo1883

So having slept on it , that's a really solid point .

We've made 3 changes forced and unforced , we've played 3 games in 8 days and we play at a very high intensity level ... you could visibly see we couldn't really get out of 2nd gear yesterday and I think that's tiredness . Hamer collapsed on the floor at the end totally gassed and I think sometimes you just have to grab points like that with both hands ... like Fleetwood away in the league 1 title season .. very important points .

What's clear to me is we won't give any team an easy ride , we are DEFINITELY a better side than last season and if I'm totally honest if teams like Middlesborough and Cardiff are seen as outsiders for a playoff spot then there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't fall into that category too .

robbiethemole

How much have we advanced when we think a draw away at Millwall
is disappointing? I know we did them last year but we certainly look the strongest team against many this season and take out the deflection and all they had was two big lumps like Cardiff.

Brighton Sky Blue

Again, if we'd taken our chances we'd have won that game. I thought good point yesterday but this morning I'm less happy.

3 games in a week played at high intensity and away from home with a fired up crowd, you can’t win them all. Though as MR mentioned we’ve got another such spell starting on Friday which ends with Fulham at home. Think that’ll be a bridge too far personally

Speedie's Head

3 games in a week played at high intensity and away from home with a fired up crowd, you can’t win them all. Though as MR mentioned we’ve got another such spell starting on Friday which ends with Fulham at home. Think that’ll be a bridge too far personally

We just need to be a bit sharper in front of goal, we've dropped points at Barnsley, QPR and now Millwall. The last minute winners at home are hiding our weaknesses a little. It's the different between top 6 and mid table. I'm guessing Waghorn was knackered and clearly Godden and Vik need some time together. Vik needs to learn to pass when it's the better option and CoH is still having problems getting a shot away. We should beat Peterborough but Luton away and then Fulham will be a tougher tests, that's why you need to take the chances when you get them.

Brighton Sky Blue

We just need to be a bit sharper in front of goal, we've dropped points at Barnsley, QPR and now Millwall. The last minute winners at home are hiding our weaknesses a little. It's the different between top 6 and mid table. I'm guessing Waghorn was knackered and clearly Godden and Vik need some time together. Vik needs to learn to pass when it's the better option and CoH is still having problems getting a shot away. We should beat Peterborough but Luton away and then Fulham will be a tougher tests, that's why you need to take the chances when you get them.

Agree entirely but this is down to quality of player which is just not within our financial reach, so we have to improve the ones we’ve got and they’re not there yet. With time Gyo will get these decisions right, but if he already could we wouldn’t have afforded him, same for O’Hare.

We should have got more from all those away games but we’ve also won twice at the death. If we had anything close to the budget of even say PNE who knows how many points we’d already have

wingy

Can't figure out if you mean Vic was passing to Godden when the better option was to go himself?

Users who are viewing this thread