Match Thread Millwall (A) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

If you had offered any one of us 4th after 8 games with only Bournemouth, wba and Fulham above us (and the latter 2 only on GD) we would have snapped it up. We have laid a great foundation for this season in results and style of play. Robins and his coaching team as well as the players deserve great credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Most other results went in our favour today and we could well have won today, but somehow failed to connect on a winner that would have been deserved. They came through the middle too often where we tactically Kelly would have cut that out. Apart from that and a couple of man mountain players in their side, I never felt we would lose. Thought we were more likely to get a winner. Kane for me looks well out of his depth in this team. Hope he improves. Missing Dabo for sure. Salter great at times. Godden was looking likely to score. Gyokeres is something else. Thought Sheaf was good at times. Right player against this Milwall side, but he does need some shooting boots.
This is a great start, and I can only see us continuing in the same way.
How was Kane out of his depth to me he defended the right back slot ok, he is not Dabo totally different type of fullback. Only moan I have with him today he had a half decent chance first half but skyed it.

stay_up_skyblues

Thought we took the second half to Millwall we got into a number of good positions on the bye line but we’re wasteful with the crosses across the goal, hit too hard or behind our incoming players thought we could have won but a draw away from home not to be sniffed at.

Looked at their disallowed goal again and Smith was definitely offside when the cross was sent in not sure of the rules nowadays but I assume the lino flagged because he was interfering with play, it’s one of them don’t think we would have been moaning had it been given.

If the rule is the player has to be interfering still (I can’t keep up) then obviously jumping for the ball in, taking a defender with him and having the keepers’ attention is interfering. So on that basis the correct decision to disallow.

junglej13

Millwall possibly edged the first half and are clearly an effective side with two big lumps up front. Thought there was only going to be one winner watching the 2nd half though and that was us. Sheaf and Hamer both did well. Hyam and McFadzean stood up to the aerial assault well and stepped out with the ball really well. Still think we need an attacking midfielder who wants to score ten goals though.

Tommo1993

If you had offered any one of us 4th after 8 games with only Bournemouth, wba and Fulham above us (and the latter 2 only on GD) we would have snapped it up. We have laid a great foundation for this season in results and style of play. Robins and his coaching team as well as the players deserve great credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially after the pre season bed wetting

SlowerThanPlatt

Millwall possibly edged the first half and are clearly an effective side with two big lumps up front. Thought there was only going to be one winner watching the 2nd half though and that was us. Sheaf and Hamer both did well. Hyam and McFadzean stood up to the aerial assault well and stepped out with the ball really well. Still think we need an attacking midfielder who wants to score ten goals though.
Wants or can?

Paxman II

How was Kane out of his depth to me he defended the right back slot ok, he is not Dabo totally different type of fullback. Only moan I have with him today he had a half decent chance first half but skyed it.

He was. That's not to say he won't improve. He was out of position several times, Hyam saving his ass at least twice. Way too early to judge him, just talking about today.

stay_up_skyblues

Yeah Callum looks less likely to score than ever bless him. It will come though I’m sure (he says again). I don’t want to be negative but as things stand if Gyo gets injured we’re fucked goal threat wise so one or two of the forwards/AMs are more than welcome to step up soon 👍🏻

Sky Blue Harry H

Only heard part of Todd Kane's interview, but he was borderline spiky with the interviewer (didn't hear the first bit he didn't want too discuss, but had a dig with 'did you see the foul?'

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
At Edgbaston for T20 Finals Day nervously checking phone. Amusingly there was a quiet breakout of the sky blue song from the Hollies Stand when we went one up 😆

steve101

Thought Maatsen and Kane had better second halves. You could see that Maatsen had run himself into the ground. Hamer was everywhere today. I felt Robins should have made the changes sooner today. Godden has a way to go yet for match fitness. Jamie Allen earlier would have been my shout. Massive effort once again though against a difficult side.

fernandopartridge

Played more like a RB and that stunted us going forward a bit IMO. One decent cross so hopefully he’s got it in him but wasn’t impressed today, can’t see him getting in the side with a fully fit squad.
I think part of that was playing to his fitness level, he didn't commit in behind like Dabo does but given the lack of game time he's had for a long time he's excused

Sky Blue Harry H

He’s not all there is he?

Sounded a bit like a manager who has lost being questioned by a local reporter. Bit surprised he's been so feisty straight away at a new club. Might just be his character (don't mind if he's got that on the pitch too) Hopefully he doesn't get on at MRas and when Fankaty comes back?!

mark82

View attachment 21861
200.gif

Only negative thing I'd say looking at that table is we maybe need to score more goals. Just superb being in 4th though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sounded a bit like a manager who has lost being questioned by a local reporter. Bit surprised he's been so feisty straight away at a new club. Might just be his character (don't mind if he's got that on the pitch too) Hopefully he doesn't get on at MRas and when Fankaty comes back?!

Don't think he will, think he recognises he's still some way from full sharpness. He did have half a point, he was fouled Wednesday

Users who are viewing this thread