Milan van Ewijk Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Greggs

Playing like he was pissed off tonight, like the best player on a Sunday that everyone thinks is a bit of a c**t. Can't see him being here long.

Greggs

Has been pretty disappointing since we got back from the international break. Looks incapable of beating a man and his crossing is so poor.
Back to the dark days when we saw the players get worse rather than better.

Bugsy

Has been pretty disappointing since we got back from the international break. Looks incapable of beating a man and his crossing is so poor.

Its fucking confidence, we are lacking as a team, same with Wright if he had confidence before the last 2games he would have buried them chances , it's the rub of the green and it's just not our luck which is frustrating at the moment. He's a good player.

PVA

Can't quite work him out. Pace to burn, but can't seem to beat a man.

Ends up refusing to knock it past his man and dallying on the ball, then panics and kind of toe pokes it into the box.

Presumably just a confidence thing

AFCCOVENTRY

We just see flashes of what he can do but his crossing is just as bad as JDS. But he seems cream crackered by 60-70mins. Is he even at full fitness?

AOM

Can't quite work him out. Pace to burn, but can't seem to beat a man.

Ends up refusing to knock it past his man and dallying on the ball, then panics and kind of toe pokes it into the box.

Presumably just a confidence thing

Same as Dasilva. They look like fast players but I've never seen either beat a man. Crossing really poor as well from both wing backs tonight

AiS86

He showed at times tonight he's better taking on players at pace, once it slows down and he's square on, that's not a strength of his, that's more for Sakamoto. Just needs to get his crosses away quicker

SBAndy

He showed at times tonight he's better taking on players at pace, once it slows down and he's square on, that's not a strength of his, that's more for Sakamoto. Just needs to get his crosses away quicker

That’s as I see it. Not sure he’s got particularly sharp acceleration to find the space. The frustrating thing is we should be looking to cross earlier as a result of this but we don’t commit bodies to the box to allow for this.

hinckley cov

Same as Dasilva. They look like fast players but I've never seen either beat a man. Crossing really poor as well from both wing backs tonight
I’m not impressed by Dasilva at all far too light weight, and against their big defenders last night it was like men against boys.

Stafford_SkBlue

Has pace without the ball, but cannot take a man on so passes it backwards when confronted with an opposition player, both new wingbacks are the same. It stalls all our attacking options as opposition then has 10 players behind the ball. I would habe liked Cuffy back on loan and McNally. (McNally and Rose doing well at Stoke, lots of clean sheets).

Brighton Sky Blue

Has pace without the ball, but cannot take a man on so passes it backwards when confronted with an opposition player, both new wingbacks are the same. It stalls all our attacking options as opposition then has 10 players behind the ball. I would habe liked Cuffy back on loan and McNally. (McNally and Rose doing well at Stoke, lots of clean sheets).
Will get to welcome them back next week with another easy 3 points and 5 in a row.

SBAndy

So using that logic, why aren’t we playing the ball behind the opposition defensive line for him to break onto and hopefully cross first time?

BlueSkiesForever

Really unimpressed with Van Ewijk in recent weeks, he started bright for us but since the international break he’s turned into this robot that runs to the nearest opposition defender, stops, checks back and then passes to Thomas or McFadz, repeat. That sort of play contributes absolutely nothing both offensively and defensively.

Bertola

He seemed to really be finding his feet until his injury. He seems very timid since. Last night was the first time I thought he started showing some aggression

Offhegoes

Cuffy? He would beat 3 or 4 men, but end up in the middle of the pitch. Can't remember him putting in a decent cross in his half a season here.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wright is copping most of the stick but this guy has been equally as disappointing considering the hype around him

The best game I’ve seen him have was off the bench against Norwich

SeaSeeEffCee

Wright is copping most of the stick but this guy has been equally as disappointing considering the hype around him

The best game I’ve seen him have was off the bench against Norwich
People seem to have already decided he’s ‘class’ and therefore whenever he plays badly it’s not his fault.

Grendel

His delivery is poor and he seems oddly reluctant to use his pace - strange player at the moment

Warwickhunt

i watched van-earwigs game last night and did see a bust of acceleration on 2 or 3 occassions but he always gets to a point of crossing and nobody moves in the box and he has to back off, he is a very good player and this time next year we will be struggling to keep hold of him.

Julie SBA

although if you start putting crosses in on a regular basis then the forwards will start turning up too I'm sure. Nothing worse that busting a gut to get somewhere to only watch your team mate turn back the other way

Users who are viewing this thread