Mike Ashley (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

I’ll take any owner that has higher ambitions for the club that simply surviving in the Championship.

Reactions: KAB

SBT

It does but I don't understand why some are so down on it. Ashley owning club and stadium vs SISU owning us and renting the stadium from the parasites. Its an obvious step up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just seems a shame that so many other clubs seem to get lucky and take big steps up when they get taken over. Ashley would be an improvement for sure, but not a very big one IMO.

CCFC54321

Mike Ashley takes over them I’ll run the concourse at the next home game before the game in the nip and pay the fine and I’ll get back in again and do it again at half time and at the end of the game if the police are nice to me!

It’ll never happen so my dignity and money lost in court costs and fines are safe!

Grendel

Being rich does not mean you are “very sharp” I refer the honourable gentleman to Elon Musk.

Safe to say Ashley who started with a sports shop in Maidenhead as a teenager and now has a ÂŁ2 billion fortune is sharper than the average

TomRad85

Just seems a shame that so many other clubs seem to get lucky and take big steps up when they get taken over. Ashley would be an improvement for sure, but not a very big one IMO.
It is a shame but my bar is low, any fucker that will rip out all the Wasps shit and invest enough so that at least we shouldn't be in danger of exiting the Championship in the wrong direction again will do me.

SBT

The season ticket point a couple of posts ago is a good one. I’m guilty of it myself, we basically pay fuck all for season tickets but want more investment.

Nah I’m not having it. We get told year in year out that if we show up and buy season tickets that we can make the difference in terms of club spending - then we show up in record numbers and all we get is fire sales and kids on loan from Crystal Palace in return.

Sad fact is that you need big outside investment to really make progress in this league - I’m not saying it makes financial sense for whichever investor comes in, but hey, it’s not my money, and it doesn’t seem to bother the other owners in this league and above.

hill83

Nah I’m not having it. We get told year in year out that if we show up and buy season tickets that we can make the difference in terms of club spending - then we show up in record numbers and all we get is fire sales and kids on loan from Crystal Palace in return.

Sad fact is that you need big outside investment to really make progress in this league - I’m not saying it makes financial sense for whichever investor comes in, but hey, it’s not my money, and it doesn’t seem to bother the other owners in this league and above.

Agree will everything you have said, but we still have cheap season tickets.

shmmeee

Safe to say Ashley who started with a sports shop in Maidenhead as a teenager and now has a ÂŁ2 billion fortune is sharper than the average

Oh I’m sure he is. I just happened to be reading about the richest man in the worlds latest idiocy at the time.

clint van damme

It does but I don't understand why some are so down on it. Ashley owning club and stadium vs SISU owning us and renting the stadium from the parasites. Its an obvious step up.

Which just shows how far we've fallen and how desperate we've become.

slowpoke

With Mike Ashley you get a proven hard nosed business man. He doesn’t invest in football clubs or any other business to lose money quiet the opposite, he will have done his due diligence on us possibly sees CCFC similar to Derby County. He also knows how top end football works to be successful and earn him returns on his investment.
Lots of controversy at Newcastle but let’s be honest he has potentially left them in a better place than when he started with them.

Sick Boy

With Mike Ashley you get a proven hard nosed business man. He doesn’t invest in football clubs or any other business to lose money quiet the opposite, he will have done his due diligence on us possibly sees CCFC similar to Derby County. He also knows how top end football works to be successful and earn him returns on his investment.
Lots of controversy at Newcastle but let’s be honest he has potentially left them in a better place than when he started with them.
The exact same stuff was said about SISU at the time.

Reactions: SBT

shmmeee

The exact same stuff was said about SISU at the time.

Maybe some of us are just accepting that being a football fan these days at this level is just a constant sequence of jumping from frying pan to fire and back again when it comes to owners.

SBT

He only left them in a better place if you’re a fan of the club’s financial accounts. If you’re a fan of what happens on the pitch then it was much less impressive.

NorthernWisdom

We can aim higher though. Just because the current situation is shit, doesn't mean we have to settle for slightly less shit.

TomRad85

We can aim higher though. Just because the current situation is shit, doesn't mean we have to settle for slightly less shit.
Can we aim higher? If there is a better option than Ashley bidding, I hope they get it, but doesn't seem like there's a massive queue. Part of aiming higher could be using Ashley as a stepping stone to something better.

WestEndAgro

Mike Ashley takes over them I’ll run the concourse at the next home game before the game in the nip and pay the fine and I’ll get back in again and do it again at half time and at the end of the game if the police are nice to me!

It’ll never happen so my dignity and money lost in court costs and fines are safe!
Book marked

robbiethemole

Will all those shit wasps logo's be taken down before tonight's game, must be worth ÂŁ20 of anyone's money as collectors items. hahahhaa

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Will all those shit wasps logo's be taken down before tonight's game, must be worth ÂŁ20 of anyone's money as collectors items. hahahhaa

Wasps will need them for wherever they play next.

CCFC_Irish

1st NovemberLondonCoventry
1st NovemberCoventryLondon
31st OctoberFairoaks (Surrey)Coventry
31st OctoberCoventryFairoaks (Surrey)
31st OctoberNorth WealdCoventry
31st OctoberElstreeNorth Weald
31st OctoberPerranporthElstree Airfield
30th OctoberCoventryPerranporth
30th OctoberLondonCoventry
30th OctoberEnstoneLondon
30th OctoberCoventryWellesbourne
30th OctoberNottigham Coventry
29th October Newcastle Upon TyneNottingham
29th OctoberWhite WalthamNewcastle Upon Tyne
29th October CoventryWhite Waltham
26th OctoberElstreeCoventry

37% of his flights have been to Coventry technically 43.75% including Wellesbourne (probably looking at a house).

KM85

Not that it probably means anything, but his helicopter seems to be heading into Coventry at this moment in time, according to flight radar.

Gynnsthetonic

Not that it probably means anything, but his helicopter seems to be heading into Coventry at this moment in time, according to flight radar.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

Alan Sugar started out selling from a van and now has a vast fortune and people trick him into believing any old shit on twitter every day.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Look at where we’ve been this last decade, the fall and rise. As long as we still have our identity and unity then Im happy, we’ve all been waiting for a long time for Sisu to fuck off. Ashley isnt a bad owner just portrayed so as the Geordies are an entitled bunch of cunts. We’re currently spending about 1m a season on transfers in the Championship, thats a lower budget than a few teams in League 1. Ashley comes in and thats a little dosh to spend

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oh I’m sure he is. I just happened to be reading about the richest man in the worlds latest idiocy at the time.
Now he's so rich he doesn't have people around him telling him what he's doing is absolutely mad.

Plus I think he clearly comes across as high functioning autistic. I've no doubt he's incredibly intelligent, but at the same time he seems to have almost no understanding of empathy or human behaviour, so he has very low emotional intelligence. So IMO the reason he has all this crazy shit is because he doesn't factor in the human element and cost involved. It's not important to him.

NorthernWisdom

Can we aim higher? If there is a better option than Ashley bidding, I hope they get it, but doesn't seem like there's a massive queue. Part of aiming higher could be using Ashley as a stepping stone to something better.

We can always aim higher than an exploitative scumbag who shows no consideration for a club's heritage, identity, and who is no progression on the in it for the finance nonsense we have now.

Users who are viewing this thread