Mike Ashley Takeover …Ready and Waiting (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Let's not forget that Newcastle's success prior to Ashley was built on building huge piles of unsustainable debt.

£100m hiding behind the sofa along with all the other stuff they knew about?

He knows the money is the PL and the Championship is a money pit. I have no doubt we could be a Saints/Palace type team under him.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s interesting really. A split between those in favour of a hedge fund manager we hadn’t heard of less than 24 hours ago, and those preferring somebody who committed over £250 million to a club and ultimately agreed to sell up as soon as the fans told him he wasn’t wanted.

Having the club and stadium under the same owner makes it far easier to not get in this situation again and the level of investment required to give us a promotion tilt is a long way off what’s needed to get us into the top 4 in the country.

SBT

It’s interesting really. A split between those in favour of a hedge fund manager we hadn’t heard of less than 24 hours ago, and those preferring somebody who committed over £250 million to a club and ultimately agreed to sell up as soon as the fans told him he wasn’t wanted.

Having the club and stadium under the same owner makes it far easier to not get in this situation again and the level of investment required to give us a promotion tilt is a long way off what’s needed to get us into the top 4 in the country.

Who’s said they’re in favour of Doug King over Ashley?

ovduk78

Well yes, he claimed there was £27m in transfer fees which he was on the hook for because he didn’t do due diligence (again - great owner!) but I’ve not seen anything to suggest the club was then at risk of bankruptcy unless you can provide otherwise?

Reactions: SBT

Liquid Gold

How about people that prefer a new guy we haven't heard of 24 hours ago over sisu and prefer Mike Ashley over him?

SBT

That’s how it appears in some cases unless I’ve made a series of mistakes.

Well I’ve probably been the most critical of him in this thread, and if you go back and read my first post I still say he’s our best option.

My only point is that an Ashley takeover is not necessarily the amazing outcome that some people (such as yourself) have said it would be.

Grendel

Who’s said they’re in favour of Doug King over Ashley?

In 2007 Newcastle lost £32 million and had a wage bill contracted for 2008 of £68 million

Brighton Sky Blue

Well I’ve probably been the most critical of him in this thread, and if you go back and read my first post I still say he’s our best option.

My only point is that an Ashley takeover is not necessarily the amazing outcome that some people (such as yourself) have said it would be.

I'm not sure I've said it would be rainbows and unicorns, just a big improvement on the current or at least very recent ownership situation. He would provide the capital we need to be at least a strong force at this level but really the most crucial is he has the means to successfully manage the stadium. With the two combined under one owner and working well we'd be an attractive package to a much wider range of people.

SBT

I'm not sure I've said it would be rainbows and unicorns, just a big improvement on the current or at least very recent ownership situation. He would provide the capital we need to be at least a strong force at this level but really the most crucial is he has the means to successfully manage the stadium. With the two combined under one owner and working well we'd be an attractive package to a much wider range of people.

In the past you’ve said he’d be the “ideal” owner for us

Brighton Sky Blue

In the past you’ve said he’d be the “ideal” owner for us

Relative to SISU I think that's an understatement.

If we were already an established top flight club no, he wouldn't be who I'd want. But for a club that's been in the footballing wilderness for years and up to now had zero chance of getting a stake in the ground, yes he'd be ideal.

shmmeee

Hahahaha Fucking good to see the mental texters into CWR aren’t just for the after match phone in 😂

Pete you flirty sod

nicksig

I can’t be happy about Mike Ashley buying our ground. A ground that should be ours and be owned by the club. As it stands I think this is the worst of all options. Where is any investment going to come into the club and team? Ashley will want to make money out of the stadium, but how? And King doesn’t appear to have the financial might to invest serious cash into getting us promoted. I can’t see how we are better off

SBT

Relative to SISU I think that's an understatement.

If we were already an established top flight club no, he wouldn't be who I'd want. But for a club that's been in the footballing wilderness for years and up to now had zero chance of getting a stake in the ground, yes he'd be ideal.
1668707091005.gif

Legia Sky Blue

I can’t be happy about Mike Ashley buying our ground. A ground that should be ours and be owned by the club. As it stands I think this is the worst of all options. Where is any investment going to come into the club and team? Ashley will want to make money out of the stadium, but how? And King doesn’t appear to have the financial might to invest serious cash into getting us promoted. I can’t see how we are better off

Surely Ashley is more likely to make money out of the arena by having a successful football club operating out of it? The more successful the club, the more attention the arena gets. That is why I find it hard to believe that at some point he will not want some control over it to help achieve that end. I guess things will become a bit clearer in the next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread