Midweek Games (1 Viewer)

mark82

Just looked at the midweek games and they concern me. I can see us being cast adrift a little. I fancy Doncaster to beat Milwall and Bristol City to beat Watford. Cannot see us getting anything at Cardiff. We will be 3 behind Donny and 7 behind Brizzle. Today was a missed opportunity.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just looked at the midweek games and they concern me. I can see us being cast adrift a little. I fancy Doncaster to beat Milwall and Bristol City to beat Watford. Cannot see us getting anything at Cardiff. We will be 3 behind Donny and 7 behind Brizzle. Today was a missed opportunity.
And if Doncaster lose to Milwall and Bristol lose to Watford and we beat Cardiff, we will be 1 point behind Bristol and 3 ahead of Doncaster.

What makes you confident Donny can beat Milwall, Donny lost to a mid table team at H and Millwall lost to the top of league through 2 penalties.

Paxman II

I think the first outcome is the most likely. But we still live in hope. Football being a funny old game. If Cardiff win tomorrow maybe they will be a bit less up for it when we go there?... see what we are doing though, constantly clutching at straws?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the first outcome is the most likely. But we still live in hope. Football being a funny old game. If Cardiff win tomorrow maybe they will be a bit less up for it when we go there?... see what we are doing though, constantly clutching at straws?
Cardiff will be tough to get anything from but I don't see Donny and Bristol both winning.

kg82

Think that's what every teams supporter does when their team is in the position ours is. You could call it clutching at straws or hope, it's the same difference. What is for certain, you just never know - it is, after all, a funny old game!

Every mach day is a frigging missed opportunity - we just cannot raise our game from match to match - other teams are rolling over for us.

Whoever dictates our away tactics (AT/SH/SO) should never be let near the away team sheet again - something is seriously flawed here with these abysmal results - it will surely send us down.

We are still only one point improved from last year Match 23 (CCFC v Bristol C) within the bottom 3 (from 5 points to 4 points from safety) and it will need a massive combination of other teams losing and us er .... winning, to improve matters.

Nurse !!!

PUSB

EleanorRigby

Regardless of what happens mid-week we need to win all our home games and 4 more points on our travels and atleast one of the 4 away points has to be Bristol City, still a tough ask in my opinion but atleast we have broken that run of away defeats so thats a start,

Otis

Don't think it is regardless though, ER.

Think if Forest and Bristol both won that would be massive. A real dent to our morale. Come within 4 points and then find the gap widening to maybe 7 again. I think that would be absolutely huge, a real blow.

That would then make Cardiff a must win.

Voice_of_Reason

Maybe they should read the "Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. The past has gone, the future is just an illusion. The only real time is "Now".
The position Now is that we are in the bottom 3. The position Now is that we are not relegated. The position Now is that it is still possible not to be relegated.

wingy

So we're 6-7 points off last seasons take @ this point in the season ,not that pretty but given the novice manager and exodus of players?ATs City anniversary on Wednesday and my birthday ,hope i get the day off work would love to go and see us win,leaving us needing another 13 points ,3 will come @ southampton leaving ten more required from the other 7 games

Users who are viewing this thread