Midlands Today Last Night (1 Viewer)

Grendel

kdgruffy/grendel,

I have no desire to argue with you, I have no desire to "win" arguments with you or anyone else.
I used the information that is available to anyone. I used simple and straightforward mathematics. My results actually came out very close to OldSkyBlues posts. However, I freely admit that I or OSB might be wrong, or we might be right, but at least we are trying to make sense of things and we are using information that is available and using logic where possible and not just bombarding anyone that doesn't agree with our point of view with banal and inane comments.

If you want to play stupid games and want to refuse to recognise simple truths, then go and play your silly games with someone else because I am not interested. If all you can do is make stupid comments when others at least make an attempt to put things together and try and derive some basic facts or truths, then I do not understand your purpose in even being on this or any other forum.
I do not find you amusing, I do not find you clever, I do not find that you add anything except sarcasm and refusal to see anything that does not meet your blinkered view of the world.
Now kindly bugger off and play with someone that might be remotely interested in your inane and stupid responses.

Fondu a bit off tonight?

Grendel

Can you point the holes out for me please.

I already have about 200 times just no one ever wants to answer them. If you look around the country there is no stadium that exists of this nature that does not have a permanent residence.

Sky blue Swiss may believe done interpretation of the financial turnover may prove the stadium can exist without the club but ultimately cold financial statistics mean nothing.

Do they factor any decline of status without a permenant resident? No they don't. Like it not the brand equity of the football club has a significant value. I know for a fact the naming rights of the stadium is paid for only because it has a football club. No club no named sponsor loss of income.

Dead easy to look on paper and say there are alternatives. Where are they then and how are they attained? Concerts are limited. Other clubs of other sporting genres will not come here. The suggestion that they will only deserves derision as the suggestion they will suggest a complete ignorance of how such negotiations work.

As a conference facility it is dire. I can book meetings through my company at a discounted rate but having experienced many mediocre services their I don't bother.

To improve ACL would significantly need to add to its cost base by employing real experts in Arena management. They are woefully under resourced in this area.

Imagine you are stared the project from a network planning exercise. Would you build 20 minutes from the most established facility outside London? No you would not.

Without the football club it's a huge White Elephant and would die quickly rather like White City.

This is about the 10th time I have made this points. Oddly they are ignored time and time again.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be blunt I see no reason for this debate as it is virtually certain that the club is going nowhere as it would endanger its own survival in the process.

Grendel

To be blunt I see no reason for this debate as it is virtually certain that the club is going nowhere as it would endanger its own survival in the process.

The club is going nowhere.

The club needs the ground and the ground needs the club. Their are people making assumptions about the new council deal. One thing we do know. ACL could not afford payments to the bank without the club paying a distorted rent.

As a consequence they are now a council funded quango.

Any normal supporter would see this as an opportunity. Similar projects such as Doncaster Ipswich and hull mean the football club received huge benefits compared to us.

Not some of our fans. They want to go out if their way to attempt to prove the football stadium can exist without the club they support. The truth is the quango now is subsidised and so should the club.

Not so. Why people want the club to pay more they will have to ask themselves. Sky blue Swiss may be suffering from altitude sickness. MMM may really be a Northampton rugby fan. Who knows but as fans go they sure are unique.

Brighton Sky Blue

Understood, but still the debate is academic in light of the near impossibility that the club will move. Is it really worth attempting to prove the merits in something that isn't going to happen? No, but this thread is choc full of essays on the subject; the fact of the matter is that until 2015 the club has first refusal to take 50% shareholding in ACL itself. If this happened (unlikely under the current regime), or indeed if the club brought an end to its contract breaking extravaganza, we might see co-operation between landlord and tenant.

If you have a problem with it then go and speak to the people on the Richardson board who pushed the Ricoh deal through and then sold our interest in it.

Sky Blues

I already have about 200 times just no one ever wants to answer them. If you look around the country there is no stadium that exists of this nature that does not have a permanent residence.

Sky blue Swiss may believe done interpretation of the financial turnover may prove the stadium can exist without the club but ultimately cold financial statistics mean nothing.

Do they factor any decline of status without a permenant resident? No they don't. Like it not the brand equity of the football club has a significant value. I know for a fact the naming rights of the stadium is paid for only because it has a football club. No club no named sponsor loss of income.

Dead easy to look on paper and say there are alternatives. Where are they then and how are they attained? Concerts are limited. Other clubs of other sporting genres will not come here. The suggestion that they will only deserves derision as the suggestion they will suggest a complete ignorance of how such negotiations work.

As a conference facility it is dire. I can book meetings through my company at a discounted rate but having experienced many mediocre services their I don't bother.

To improve ACL would significantly need to add to its cost base by employing real experts in Arena management. They are woefully under resourced in this area.

Imagine you are stared the project from a network planning exercise. Would you build 20 minutes from the most established facility outside London? No you would not.

Without the football club it's a huge White Elephant and would die quickly rather like White City.

This is about the 10th time I have made this points. Oddly they are ignored time and time again.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Put simply, if I understand it correctly, Swiss is saying the existing financials extrapolated forward show ACL can survive without CCFC. You're saying, hold on, the departure of the football club would hit other revenues so you can't make a straight extrapolation.

The problem for all of us is we are trying to understand the situation with only that information we actually have to hand. Some is still hidden by confidentiality and some will always be a bit in the lap of the gods. In truth we can only make educate estimations of what might happen. That leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Some will interpret it one way, some another way.

Ultimately, I imagine everybody would prefer the club to keep playing at the Ricoh to avoid having to find out for real one way or the other. So let's hope they can all sit down and reach a deal!

Last edited:

Grendel

kduffy/grendel says above:
Why people want the club to pay more they will have to ask themselves. Sky blue Swiss may be suffering from altitude sickness. MMM may really be a Northampton rugby fan. Who knows but as fans go they sure are unique

Why do you attack people that have a different view as not being real fans?

I guess you are not really interested in truth, from your own statements you care only about CCFC surviving under any circumstances and at any cost and by any dirty and foul means. To me, that tells me what sort of person you really are, and should I ever come accross you in the business world, I would not do business with someone who's morals are so low and degenerate.

Believe it or not duffy, there are considerations in the real world out there that transcend a football club, and you seem incapable of recognising such a simple truth.

Once again you avoid answering any of this issues raised. I find it laughable that you accuse me of dishing out insults look at some of the delightful phrases dished out to me and others who take a similar view.

Lets put one thing straight now. This bleeding heart we care about the community nonsense is complete rubbish. If the football club was highly successful sisu could have the most atrocious record on financial dealings and fans wouldn't care less. Manchester city were taken over by a ruthless dictator before the current lot. No one gave a stuff. The only criticism was lack of expenditure. Do Chelsea fans look to deep into the oligarch's finances and question where it can from? Do fans support woman beaters if they perform well?

So your wrong I'm afraid the owners aren't popular so people make ridiculous statements looking at the other side. If we were in the premiership and trying to brake ACL and buy the ground fans would be banging on the council house door demanding ownership.

Grendel

Oh and the references to Swiss altitude and fondue are clearly asides. Of you really find those offensive I suggest you visit some other fans forums - this is pretty respectable by comparison. Don't see why you get so upset.

Grendel

Grendel and torchmatic must be the biggest muppets ever seen on any forum !

Perhaps sky blue Swiss this is why I may respond as I do when you have to discuss facts with intellectual giants such as this.

Users who are viewing this thread