midfielder and a target man (1 Viewer)

cov1987

I feel we still need a midfielder with experience and forward target man then i feel we will have a chance of staying up. pusp

pusbccfc

Platt was great yesterday.
And
Midfield looks tidy, thomas clingan, deegan and gael.

cov1987

Clive platt is not the answer the amount of times he lost possesion yesterday i lost count and he is not a goal fret and i feel Thomas needs a rest even though i feel in years to come he and gael will be top players but not for us sadly.

Gray

Clive platt is not the answer the amount of times he lost possesion yesterday i lost count and he is not a goal fret and i feel Thomas needs a rest even though i feel in years to come he and gael will be top players but not for us sadly.

surely the point of a target man is to create goals for other people

Nick

Administrator

I cant remember him losing it much? Are you sure you dont mean Clingan?

cov1987

Surely a target man is a player who holds the ball up wins the ball in in the air and gets you a goal at least 15 a season as dion use to do.

shmmeee

Vokes as a target man would do me, and someone from the Prem academies a la Henderson to play the tip of the diamond.

That said, I like the 433 we started with yesterday as a formation, so maybe no midfielder needed.

A squad like this would give us a fighting chance (accepting we have to let someone go to get someone in)

Murphy/Dunn
Christie/Clarke
HH/Hussey
Cranie/Cameron
Keogh/Wood
Thomas/Clingan
Deegan/Bigi
Bell/Baker
Nimley/ROD
Vokes/Platt
Sheffers/Eastwood

Sell McPake to pay for Vokes until the end of the season.

skyblueshaun

:confused: hmm were u watching the same game as me :thinking about:

cov1987

:confused: hmm were u watching the same game as me :thinking about:
Dont let the result fool you mark my words if we stay as we are and dont add to what we have with a target man and midfielder then we will be down i would look to get rob hulse from QPR and Salif Diao from Stoke on loan till the end of season both experienced and not getting games, but that would depend on players leaving to afford the wages.

Grendel

The whole squad would have to leave to get them in.

Pigeon

I'd quite like another midfielder just to keep more option to change the game and back up on injuries/ suspensions

rob9872

I like the Vokes option. Been linked a few times before under different managers and assume he is out of our budget, but would be a great acquisition if we could pull it off dependent upon who we have to sacrifice.

ccfchandsy

<p>
Dont let the result fool you mark my words if we stay as we are and dont add to what we have with a target man and midfielder then we will be down i would look to get rob hulse from QPR and Salif Diao from Stoke on loan till the end of season both experienced and not getting games, but that would depend on players leaving to afford the wages.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
in sorry but are you a sky blues fan why can't you just get behind our team instead of slagging it off we aren't man U or arsenal and never will be but we are a dam good championship team considering how much cash we got so go and crawl back under your rock or where ever U came from and leave our sky blue players alone or say something positive ffs

cov1987

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
in sorry but are you a sky blues fan why can't you just get behind our team instead of slagging it off we aren't man U or arsenal and never will be but we are a dam good championship team considering how much cash we got so go and crawl back under your rock or where ever U came from and leave our sky blue players alone or say something positive ffs

Yes i am a supporter and season ticket holder and sky blue through and through and am only putting my opinion across i understand we are not arsenal or man u and we are an average championship side as we would not be where we are now but are moving in the wright direction at home, all i'm saying is for us to have any chance of staying up this is what we need so take your sky blue tinted glasses off for once.

ccfchandsy

I do appreciate that mate but I too am a st holder and I will never slate any of our players yes some do have bad days but don't we all its just there are a lot more people watching there's

J

Jack Griffin

If Freddy goes to Sheff Weds & Pake to Hibs, I reckon there is room to manouvre for Vokes..

JHarding1987

I heard, from a good source, that the 3rd player is the young Ameobi from Newcastle. However he won't be allowed to join until Demba Ba & another return when Senegal exit African Cup. Newcastle signing another Sendgal player, thus allowing Ameobi to go out on loan.

Sisu-infidels

I heard, from a good source, that the 3rd player is the young Ameobi from Newcastle. However he won't be allowed to join until Demba Ba & another return when Senegal exit African Cup. Newcastle signing another Sendgal player, thus allowing Ameobi to go out on loan.

The same ameobi that was sidelined after a reserve game against Wigan and is expected to be out for several months? Not to mention the fact he's played 13 games for the first team so why would he be loaned out even if he was fit?

Chipfat

He could be the best player ever but if he is out for 6 months he 's not going to be coming on loan so pretty much a wasted post!!!!!!!!!!

Moe-Lask

Sam Vokes' record isn't exactly stunning, he's still young at 22 also so i think it may be a risk taking him on. Saying that, most people wrote Nimely off before and hes had a cracking start to his Sky Blue Career

JHarding1987

The same ameobi that was sidelined after a reserve game against Wigan and is expected to be out for several months? Not to mention the fact he's played 13 games for the first team so why would he be loaned out even if he was fit?
<br />
<br />
I didn't know that. Just saying what I heard on the way to yesterday's match. My mate knows someone at the academy & the guy told my mate a a week or so ago.

Sky

<br />
<br />
I didn't know that. Just saying what I heard on the way to yesterday's match. My mate knows someone at the academy & the guy told my mate a a week or so ago.

My uncles sisters brothers hairdresser also said messi was at the training groud today. I think we can assume it's 100% legit.

Users who are viewing this thread