Midfield Problem (1 Viewer)

jghccfc

What's the point In having four half decent forwards if we have no supply from attacking midfielders...... McCann and Gadhez too similar to fleck and vincelot play too deep need someone who can run with the ball and not afraid to shoot when 25 yards out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What's the point In having four half decent forwards if we have no supply from attacking midfielders...... McCann and Gadhez too similar to fleck and vincelot play too deep need someone who can run with the ball and not afraid to shoot when 25 yards out

The formation doesn't help with that either.

Hobo

Just to annoy some Coventry fans I thought Connor Thomas had a tidy game for Swindon today.

jghccfc

Totally agree, but we have no service in the middle of the
park, we had 14 corners but no one was able to put a decent ball in

Reactions: RFC

ccfc1234

I agree Bigi McCann and Gadz give us the same thing. None break the line let alone hit the box. We need a creative type in there if two are sitting. We had some great width today but no one breaking into the box. We need to sort ourselves out and find a formation that is more balanced in the threat it causes to other teams.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He's not a midfield general. He's a gobshite right midfielder, bollocking others while making the same errors, who wouldn't know the right place to be on football pitch if his bacteria riddled beard depended on it. Move on.

What we'd do at the minute to have a player that opens his mouth on the pitch!

Hobo

Lee Sawyer, Vincente Engonga & Guillem Buezelin would add quality to our current squad!

Buezelin was actually a good player, shame his legs had gone by the time he landed with us and kept getting caught in possession.

Rather than look for the unheard of League 1 midfield maestro, what we need is:

1. Possession
2. Movement
3. Tempo

At the moment we are achieving no 1. No 2 and 3 kick in when you develop real teamwork.

Terry Gibson's perm

We need a Patrick Viera type big and nasty and moves well and needed it since Carlton Palmer left, George Boateng was the nearest.

SkyBlueScottie

I actually think it's the formation and think we would be better switching to 442 or 451, we have Jones and Reid who can offer pace and tricks down the flanks forwards who can attack crosses...

Hobo

You can play whatever formation you like, but if your creative midfielders sit too deep, and your forwards don't make runs ahead of the ball you won't hurt anyone.

Time for two touch football on the training field.

eastwoodsdustman

Bigi has the vision, the passing and does increase the tempo. When you have 2 strikers vs 4 defenders the wing backs need to push forward which they dont. Too often today they sat level with the midfielders and passed the ball back and accross when they needed to get forward and run at the defence.
Bigi ran the midfield for most of the game and tried to play with a decent tempo. It fell down too often as I felt we had no real attacking width. 442 has to be the way forward.

rupert_bear

Pointed the potential midfield problem weeks ago too weak for this division, and no creativity, remedy ? well we can't recruit until xmas so we have to change tactility, at start of a match i'd go route one, hate to say it but that's the way with the players we have i'd go from back to front and pick up knock downs and rebounds. We are not good enough or strong enough to play through midfield, I'd take a chance on Harres just in front of the defence, McCann and Bigi in front of him 2 strikers and a winger. Later in a game we can change tacitly to 5 at the back or 5 in midfield, the present plan just isn't working and hasn't for months.

stevefloyd

I actually think it's the formation and think we would be better switching to 442 or 451, we have Jones and Reid who can offer pace and tricks down the flanks forwards who can attack crosses...
What and play to our strengths ....I don't think that would work heaven forbid !!

stevefloyd

Pointed the potential midfield problem weeks ago too weak for this division, and no creativity, remedy ? well we can't recruit until xmas so we have to change tactility, at start of a match i'd go route one, hate to say it but that's the way with the players we have i'd go from back to front and pick up knock downs and rebounds. We are not good enough or strong enough to play through midfield, I'd take a chance on Harres just in front of the defence, McCann and Bigi in front of him 2 strikers and a winger. Later in a game we can change tacitly to 5 at the back or 5 in midfield, the present plan just isn't working and hasn't for months.
We don't have the target men to worry oppos defences like route 1

rupert_bear

Disagree, we have forwards over 6 feet tall and pace that creates space and problems for any defence, don't need to have 6 foot 4 lumps up top to be affective you need mobility.

georgehudson

i think we have to go back a long way, (Terry Yorath), to find a midfield talismanic general who bossed the game,
currently available ?
Kevin Nolan, i'd bet he'd be out of our league,
anyway the owners would spit the dummy at the mere thought of it

JWC

i think we have to go back a long way, (Terry Yorath), to find a midfield talismanic general who bossed the game,
currently available ?
Kevin Nolan, i'd bet he'd be out of our league,
anyway the owners would spit the dummy at the mere thought of it

I watched Kevin Nolan a few times for Leyton Orient last season. I would have thought that he would boss the midfield and stand out way above at that level, but he really didn't. Think we need someone of that kind of physicality but he didn't really seem to make a huge difference when he was playing.

He'd be asking for a fair whack too I imagine.

Nathccfc

I agree Bigi McCann and Gadz give us the same thing. None break the line let alone hit the box. We need a creative type in there if two are sitting. We had some great width today but no one breaking into the box. We need to sort ourselves out and find a formation that is more balanced in the threat it causes to other teams.
If anyone breaks the line, it's Andy Rose. He showed glimpses of that last season. Shame he got injured

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread