Midfield next year (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Going to be hard to fit Sheaf Eccles and Torp in there.

can anyone see us not signing an out and out 10 and instead signing an extra winger and rotating between playing Torp as an 8 and EMC as a 10?

Martin180

I think torp is better than Eccles but it's good to have competition. We need one more quality cm to have 4 fighting for 2 spots

Move on allen and Kelly.
We do need one more but we need to stop comparing players , Torp won’t ever do the defensive side that Eccles does and conversely Eccles hasn’t got the passing or shooting ability of Torp .
Lets just be glad we own all three

covcity4life

We do need one more but we need to stop comparing players , Torp won’t ever do the defensive side that Eccles does and conversely Eccles hasn’t got the passing or shooting ability of Torp .
Lets just be glad we own all three
I agree but he mentioned fitting them in. Push comes to shove I would start ahead and torp

I hope that's what he does Vs hull on Wednesday

napolimp

I think Wedneday will have to be: -

Collins
Lati - Kitching - Binks - Bidwell
Torp - Eccles
Tavares - Palmer - JDS
Simms/Godden

All others will need to be rested unfortunately.

skybluecam

With both fit Torp will play when we need to break down a side while Eccles will be more useful in away matches against the top teams. Plenty of rotation for fitness too.

TomRad85

Lati was awful yesterday and I wouldn’t play him Wednesday, we need a win
I wouldn't play him anywhere other than cb if it's really needed (Thomas is injured.) I defended his versatility for a while but he's just been utter shit for ages now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Going to be hard to fit Sheaf Eccles and Torp in there.

can anyone see us not signing an out and out 10 and instead signing an extra winger and rotating between playing Torp as an 8 and EMC as a 10?
We need 2 for every position. Always said for me Eccles is the player you rotate with Sheaf, not play with him. Reckon we're looking at Sheaf, Eccles, Torp and probably Kyprianou next season, which sounds good to me.
Kelly and Allen should be moved on.

CCFCSteve

I think assuming ohare is leaving (still hope not) you can maybe play all three, with Torp further forward. Unfortunately I’m also worried that sheaf will be gone as he’ll have plenty of suitors after yesterday and by some accounts wants to test himself at a higher level

TomRad85

I think assuming ohare is leaving (still hope not) you can maybe play all three, with Torp further forward. Unfortunately I’m also worried that sheaf will be gone as he’ll have plenty of suitors after yesterday and by some accounts wants to test himself at a higher level
Oh lord, this forum is worried about losing everyone after that game. Its not going to happen. But if someone wants to pay £15 million plus for 1 of them then so be it.

CCFCSteve

Torp has been off form recently but yesterday when came on you could see his class. A proper pre-season with us and he will be class for us. He gets into good positions, tackle, progresses the ball, makes himself available, gets into the box and has a hell of a shot. Intelligent player.

He’s a quality young player who’s learning to get up to speed in the English game. His control and manipulation (hard to explain/maybe the wrong word) of the ball is exceptional

CCFCSteve

Oh lord, this forum is worried about losing everyone after that game. Its not going to happen. But if someone wants to pay £15 million plus for 1 of them then so be it.

Haha, I know what you mean but it wasn’t just yesterday though, a few have said before that he wants to play in Prem which is obvious and there’s already been clubs sniffing. Hope he stays but wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t

Londonccfcfan

Haha, I know what you mean but it wasn’t just yesterday though, a few have said before that he wants to play in Prem which is obvious and there’s already been clubs sniffing. Hope he stays but wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t
He will go to a promoted team.

JAM See

Am I the only person who is looking forward to Jamie Allen's return?

I think he's a fantastic squad player, useful off the bench, and can fill in anywhere in midfield when the inevitable injuries and suspensions start to accumulate.

shmmeee

Am I the only person who is looking forward to Jamie Allen's return?

I think he's a fantastic squad player, useful off the bench, and can fill in anywhere in midfield when the inevitable injuries and suspensions start to accumulate.

I think he’s third choice AM if we’re honest and should never play DM as he’s totally lost.

JSL

Lati hasn't played well for weeks now. When I see him on the teams heat I cringe like I did when JDS was starting

CCFCSteve

Lati hasn't played well for weeks now. When I see him on the teams heat I cringe like I did when JDS was starting

He’s going through an iffy patch no doubt, like Dasilva had but as Dasilva showed yesterday and various other players have throughout the season, let’s not give up on him just yet. Both could be very useful squad players, even if not first team regulars, next season

ps we desperately need more strength in depth and these two cost us £500k combined

JSL

Does Lati's iffy period coincide with the international break duties by any chance?

SleepyGinger

I wouldn't play him anywhere other than cb if it's really needed (Thomas is injured.) I defended his versatility for a while but he's just been utter shit for ages now.

Hes played about 60 games for club and country this season and I think it’s showing.

Users who are viewing this thread