Midfield crisis (1 Viewer)

Tea & Busquets

Throw a short term deal at Josh Onomah and maybe Stefan Johansen or Josh Amos. We need bodies in midfield plain and simple.

Martin180

We've only got 3 fit midfielders!
I don't think short term loans is a bad call although we may have a few bodies back post international break.
Eccles , Allen ,Ayari , Sakamoto , Lati

Short term loans can work if the players are from clubs and have been in training, them players mentioned have been released and are without a club .
It will take weeks to get them match fit and used to them playing system .
After Norwich we have a break after which we will have players returning

steve cooper

7 points from the last 3 games is not bad. A draw against Norwich wouldn't be disastrous, giving 8 from 4 games going into the break. Should be OK after that

Flying Fokker

Seen an interview with Troy Deeney recently saying lots of out of contract players get offers won't drop down the league or take pay cuts.

That itself points to questionable attitude.
Or perhaps the realization that they are not spring chickens and need to make it worth their efforts? Joe Cole/ Dennis Wise came to us but must have been offered decent money as well.

Astute

Earn something playing football!
Do they need the money?

Not so bad if they live close enough to commute. But otherwise could mean uprooting their family from where they are settled. Otherwise a long commute each side of training. They wouldn't see much of their family.

Deity

Eccles , Allen ,Ayari , Sakamoto , Lati

Short term loans can work if the players are from clubs and have been in training, them players mentioned have been released and are without a club .
It will take weeks to get them match fit and used to them playing system .
After Norwich we have a break after which we will have players returning
I understand the sentiment Martin but I don’t think Tats can play in the less attacking central midfield roles. Eccles looks leggy, Ayari is still very raw.

I’m not suggesting we sign free players now but I understand why Tea and B proposed it.

slowpoke

Midfield options could be better but not a crisis, assuming everyone from Wednesday are fit bar Kelly we have Eccles, Ayari, Allen, Saka can juggle if we need to with a couple others and you never know one of the injured group might be okay for at least the bench.

napolimp

We'll get through Saturday and then things will be looking a lot better for the visit to Bristol. One thing that's obvious is that we will need all 8 midfielders this season to get through injuries, and rotate when players are tired.

AFCCOVENTRY

CoH and Sheaf will be back after the international break. No point wasting money now on freebies who won’t be able to a lot in straight away. Save it for Jan on a marquee CM signing and another to bolster the centre.

Also breaking news. Robins has just said Kelly doesn’t have a hamstring tear and is just being treated as a minor injury now. So he’s receiving physio for that. So he will be back after the international break as well hopefully,

napolimp

CoH and Sheaf will be back after the international break. No point wasting money now on freebies who won’t be able to a lot in straight away. Save it for Jan on a marquee CM signing and another to bolster the centre.

Also breaking news. Robins has just said Kelly doesn’t have a hamstring tear and is just being treated as a minor injury now. So he’s receiving physio for that. So he will be back after the international break as well hopefully,

Just read that. Turned down further scans, and says he "feels" as though it's nothing major. Going to crack on with physio. Baffling! Do players just diagnose themselves now?

AFCCOVENTRY

Just read that. Turned down further scans, and says he "feels" as though it's nothing major. Going to crack on with physio. Baffling! Do players just diagnose themselves now?

You have to trust the players and especially the club captain. It costs money to do scans.

AFCCOVENTRY

Update on Liam Kelly…

“Well, he feels that it's not a major thing. We are just treating those symptoms and seeing where that goes but I think we'll know a little bit more over the coming days.

“He will be in next week. It'll be assessed consistently and then see when he's ready to be able to start to build it up again. But I think in the first instance he's quite happy that there isn't a major thing.”

What’s next for Fabio Tavares…

“Now he just needs to get fit. He's still got things to do still got markers to hit.

“He's out on the grass and is running, as you've seen, and he’s still got to finish that. So, he still away away but it's positive that he's out running on the grass.”

The next step for Callum…

“The next step for him is training next week. He's going to be doing some more work.

“He will wort hard, then get a bit of a rest and work hard and get a bit of rest and then he'll be back in training the following week, into Bristol City and from that point on, he could be close to a game.

“But we've just got to see, like I say I'm not putting any deadlines on anybody like that, I think it'd be unfair.”

Users who are viewing this thread