Middlesbrough (1 Viewer)

Hutch11

Southampton will win the league in my humble
They have a very young squad and maybe only 2 or 3 that will be sought after
If they keep the majority of their lot together they should be odds on to go back up

Briles

Southampton will win the league in my humble
They have a very young squad and maybe only 2 or 3 that will be sought after
If they keep the majority of their lot together they should be odds on to go back up

Leicester have a lot of players that are too good for the champ but not good enough for the prem. I think they'll win it. Southampton will be up there mind

Terry Gibson's perm

Will Southampton keep the diving Tella?

I have no idea who will be at the top out the three that come down as two of them don’t even have managers yet.

Legia Sky Blue

Southampton could have Tella and Smallbone in their team next season with a year's Championship under their belts. They have a much younger team than Leicester, with players who will be more suited and more up for the Championship than Leicester, who could have a load of prima donnas who think they are too good for the Championship, similar to Watford this season. The Wednesday/ Saturday Championship grind is unforgiving if you are not up for it. At this moment Southampton look the best equipped to my mind, particularly if Martin joins them as Manager, who knows the league and could also take a few of Swansea's better players with him too.

Hertsccfc

Southampton could have Tella and Smallbone in their team next season with a year's Championship under their belts. They have a much younger team than Leicester, with players who will be more suited and more up for the Championship than Leicester, who could have a load of prima donnas who think they are too good for the Championship, similar to Watford this season. The Wednesday/ Saturday Championship grind is unforgiving if you are not up for it. At this moment Southampton look the best equipped to my mind, particularly if Martin joins them as Manager, who knows the league and could also take a few of Swansea's better players with him too.
I agree. They look like they have some talented young players. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Burnley next season.

Sky Blue Harry H

I agree. They look like they have some talented young players. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Burnley next season.

Don't begrudge Southampton if they do well.

Three things to point out, though...

1) They'll have to play the Russell Martin way, which means they might have a run of games where they make cock ups galore playing out from the back. Could cause them to drop a few points.

2) I can't stand Russell Martin's post match preaching b&ll9cks when his side has lost

3) I can't stand Russell Martin

NorthernWisdom

Because it's been a while since both Southampton and Leicester have been down here, it's a bit unknown how they'll adapt. They also have ownership that's checked out / run badly, so if they get the right manager and it clicks it could be ok, but they could be equally (especially Southampton) keep up the losing habit.

Let's find out.

Sky Blue Harry H

I said to someone the other day that as there will be potentially a lot of strong teams in The Championship this season, it could be similar to last season where it is quite bunched, with most teams being capable of beating each other. QPR to struggle for me. If Leicester have (allegedly) borrowed/spent their PL money in advance, it will be interesting to see the effect on them (struggle I hope!)

Last edited:

Otis

Because it's been a while since both Southampton and Leicester have been down here, it's a bit unknown how they'll adapt. They also have ownership that's checked out / run badly, so if they get the right manager and it clicks it could be ok, but they could be equally (especially Southampton) keep up the losing habit.

Let's find out.
Yup, too soon for assumptions.

Burnley sailed through last season. Many are predicted to have great success and fail miserably.

I was so wrong about Norwich and Watford last season. I really thought they would be top 6 at least.

Kilclines curly mullet

Leicester had to pay £19m a quarter in interest on that loan last year and also had a wage bill of £180 with income of £214m.

Their income will drop to £70m which won't even cover the loan payments so they have massive work to do.

They have players like Ricardo Pereira who is on £100k a week, under contract until 2026 and has averaged 12 games a season for the last three years.
£180 million…that’s scary

CCFCSteve

Burnley sailed through last season. Many are predicted to have great success and fail miserably.

I was so wrong about Norwich and Watford last season. I really thought they would be top 6 at least.

Agree. Norwich especially. Can’t believe they ended up mid table. Looked very good against us

AOM

I thought Norwich were one of the best sides we played at the CBS last season, but that disastrous first 20 minutes probably didn't help

shmmeee

Some teams style just works or doesn’t against another team though. Swansea are another who regularly look a lot better than us but finish below us.

Saddlebrains

Southampton and Leeds my top 2 early doors

Both have young capable players who have spent some time in the championship and have quality

Leicester are unpredictable, possibly play offs

Astute

The relegated teams will most probably look totally different at the start of next season. They will bring in a lot of new players. These players will then need time to settle in and get used to the way their manager wants them to play.

Burnley did excellent with a new squad. The other two didn't. The same could happen again next season. I would be looking more at the teams ready to push on that did well last season. Their players know how each other play so have a better chance of a good start.

The time to start looking at the table for those looking for promotion is about 10 to 15 games in. Any three of them, especially Leicester, could be in for a long, hard season. A relegation battle wouldn't be a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread